Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Super League Records

Noooobie

Default Super League Records

Surely Saints this season must be on course for breaking a couple of records since the introduction of Super League. Record points in a season, least defeats, most points scored, leats points against. Anybody any ideas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    Surely Saints this season must be on course for breaking a couple of records since the introduction of Super League. Record points in a season, least defeats, most points scored, leats points against. Anybody any ideas.
    Think we only lost 2 games in 96

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

In the Superleague era Wigan 2000 and Leeds 2004 had better league stats at the end of the season, I think we could get the record points gap between 1st and 2nd though. Without tempting fate I think if we win the treble we are on our own for the no of times thats been achieved (Superleague), same goes for the double.

For the All Time Superleague Table we are creating a fair gap on the Goons for that one.

Learning All The Songs

Leeds are the best they won everything a few yrs ago. But wait...……….. didn't we win more in 2006??

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Leeds are the best they won everything a few yrs ago. But wait...……….. didn't we win more in 2006??
    We lost 4 games in 2006, by 1,2,3 and 4 points respectively iirc

In The South Stand

I am glad you said that , I have been trying to think what it was I knew it was good.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

You could really put our 3 lost games so far into perspective, the Catalan game on a muddy pitch with an untried half back partnership of Richardson and Welsby, the first London game with half a team and Welsby under pressure at full back but still only losing by that golden point., the second London game perhaps a game too far with resting players especially with Paulo having to play at stand off but we did have a tough 3 fixtures before the game.

Potentially we could have been showing our league position with one loss, I'm hoping we can finish the regular season off with 50 points in the league and a CC Final win. Then we go into the final play off games that gives the rest some serious concern.

Learning All The Songs

Current Records
    4 teams have gone through a SL season only losing 2 games (Saints, Bradford, Wigan & Leeds)
    Leeds hold the record for the number of points scored in a SL season - 1153
    Leeds hold the record for the number of league points in a SL season - 50

In The South Stand

I wonder if the BBC will let people vote for Rugby League teams again like they did in 2006 for Sports personality team of the year .

Banned

It’s not only super league records we could break. Saw this on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saints are the only team to finish top of the table two years in a row in the Super League era.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd View Post
    Saints are the only team to finish top of the table two years in a row in the Super League era.
    Only the Saints team have come top of the table 4yrs in a row 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Only the Saints team have come top of the table 4yrs in a row 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    I didn't mention that, the point I was making was that no other team other than Saints have finished top in consecutive seasons. The four seasons in a row was something special which will be difficult to equal.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I wonder if the BBC will let people vote for Rugby League teams again like they did in 2006 for Sports personality team of the year .
    Not a chance. BBC will be too busy fawning over the Cricket WC and the various womens teams (football, netball, cricket)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    The public doesn't vote for team of the year. It's chosen by a panel of "experts". In any case the England World Cup cricket winning team, Liverpool and Manchester City would probably all have as big a claim as us

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    The public doesn't vote for team of the year...
    They don't anymore. I'm sure it's because we spoiled the party in 2006. They had the Ryder Cup winning 'team' lined up via satellite from that well known team sport of golf!
    The public, well at least the RL public, thought otherwise.

In The South Stand

Exactly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Don't think you can argue with a World Cup Winning team to be honest, especially in one of the 'big sports', they may just go for a generic England men's cricket if they regain the ashes

The women's cricket, football and netball teams have all been pretty poor, world cup semi finals by the netball and football teams is probably about par and expected

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Don't think you can argue with a World Cup Winning team to be honest, especially in one of the 'big sports', they may just go for a generic England men's cricket if they regain the ashes

The women's cricket, football and netball teams have all been pretty poor, world cup semi finals by the netball and football teams is probably about par and expected
    Haven't the posh rugger chaps got a world cup coming up as well?

The right-wing media love that lot.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    They don't anymore. I'm sure it's because we spoiled the party in 2006. They had the Ryder Cup winning 'team' lined up via satellite from that well known team sport of golf!
    The public, well at least the RL public, thought otherwise.
    I remember it well, the expression on nick faldos face when the Ryder cup team didn’t win was priceless.