Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Chance to break a record

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Default Chance to break a record

According to Gareth Walker on Twitter the largest ever gap between the team finishing top and second is 15 points. That was the full time wigan squad playing in the largely semi pro league in 86/87.

Of course i'd rather win by one point and collect the silverware but that would be a huge achievement

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    According to Gareth Walker on Twitter the largest ever gap between the team finishing top and second is 15 points. That was the full time wigan squad playing in the largely semi pro league in 86/87.

Of course i'd rather win by one point and collect the silverware but that would be a huge achievement

On the subject of records.

I'm pretty sure Josh Eaves must've broken a SL record last night, if not an all time record!

While all the other players on the pitch had an average gain per carry of about 6, 7 or 8 metres, Josh averaged an incredible 43 metres per carry!!

Admittedly he only carried it once, but it was a good once 😀

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    On the subject of records.

I'm pretty sure Josh Eaves must've broken a SL record last night, if not an all time record!

While all the other players on the pitch had an average gain per carry of about 6, 7 or 8 metres, Josh averaged an incredible 43 metres per carry!!

Admittedly he only carried it once, but it was a good once
    And that's why metres per carry is a pointless Stat.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

And in them days it obviously mattered coming first. All's it does now is get you a place at the front of the starting grid.

To be so far in front this year, in a salary capped sport, is just outstanding.

And to analyse it even further - the only game we really came close to losing was Salford at home while the 2 London away games we would have, no doubt, won had we actually needed to. That would have given us another net 2 points and made the gap even bigger!
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    And in them days it obviously mattered coming first. All's it does now is get you a place at the front of the starting grid.

To be so far in front this year, in a salary capped sport, is just outstanding.

And to analyse it even further - the only game we really came close to losing was Salford at home while the 2 London away games we would have, no doubt, won had we actually needed to. That would have given us another net 2 points and made the gap even bigger!
    Agree with that and said the same to my Dad last night. We was talking about who we would prefer in the final and both agreed it doesn't really matter as long as we play to our potential. What bothers me though is how we keep this squad together once contracts start expiring and players get offers elsewhere. EM, Rush and co' have their work well and truly cut out in that respect.