Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    From little acorns grow big oaks. Or summet like that.
    That's what I tried to tell my missus.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Ashworth is a decent size, but the others are a concern if you have too many of them on the field at the same time.
    Ashworth seems to have bulked up a bit. His weight continues to increase. Enormous potential.

Starting A Programme Collection

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    That's what I tried to tell my missus.
    And what did she say, yes but I can't wait hundred and forty years ��
    Last edited by 58er; 17th August 2019 at 23:06. Reason: SMILIE added

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

He's playing really well at the minute, he certainly looks a lot fitter and most importantly he seems to have found some footwork from somewhere as well. Thought he really turned the game for us on Thursday. I'm pleased for him because there was a lot said about him towards the back end of last year and I thought some of the comments made towards him in pre-season were a bit disrespectful as well. By all accounts he put a lot of extra work in over pre season and he's been able to force his way back into the team which is good to see.

I like him because he gives us something different. He does a lot of work off the ball but he's certainly improved with the ball as well recently.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    He's playing really well at the minute, he certainly looks a lot fitter and most importantly he seems to have found some footwork from somewhere as well. Thought he really turned the game for us on Thursday. I'm pleased for him because there was a lot said about him towards the back end of last year and I thought some of the comments made towards him in pre-season were a bit disrespectful as well. By all accounts he put a lot of extra work in over pre season and he's been able to force his way back into the team which is good to see.

I like him because he gives us something different. He does a lot of work off the ball but he's certainly improved with the ball as well recently.

As I've said before, I think a lot of the frustrations with Amor is that we've seen him have 2 very good seasons (was our PotY one season) so we know he has the tools to be a really good player. It's just that the last couple of seasons before this one, he seemed like a passenger, made no progress after contact, and was too often dominated in the tackle. A much improved level of performance this year.

I'm not sure he'll be here next year, though. He got his last contract just after getting the PotY accolade and was 1st choice prop - one of only a few bright spots in a hugely under-performing team. I doubt Saints will be offering as big a contract this time around, so it's whether he chooses to move on, as I'd expect a number of clubs to be keen to make him a key player for them.

I don't know if it means anything but JH has said a couple of times since the Gold Coast announcement that the whole playing squad is still here next year.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I don't know if it means anything but JH has said a couple of times since the Gold Coast announcement that the whole playing squad is still here next year.
    I thought he said that Dux in the interview before the Leeds game he more or less said the squad will be the same again next year? So i'm assuming Kyle is going to sign a new contract.