Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Team for Wembley

Learning All The Songs

Huge shame for Lees, hopefully he will be back for the play offs or the Grand Final at least. It’s an injury we should cope with perfectly fine though, whilst there’s no doubt that Lees will be one of the best props in SL in the next couple of years I think his lack of size has seen him struggle in quite a few games this season. Ashworth might suit this game better and with Amor suddenly in great form, you’d think we’ll be alright.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Huge shame for Lees, hopefully he will be back for the play offs or the Grand Final at least. It’s an injury we should cope with perfectly fine though, whilst there’s no doubt that Lees will be one of the best props in SL in the next couple of years I think his lack of size has seen him struggle in quite a few games this season. Ashworth might suit this game better and with Amor suddenly in great form, you’d think we’ll be alright.
    LMS should be able to revert to playing prop with Knowles back and one of Paulo or Bentley on the bench too

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Team for me:

Coote, Makinson, Naiqama, Percival, Grace, Lomax, Fages, Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Peyroux, Taia, Knowles.
    Subs: LMS, Amor, Paolo, Ashworth.
    I would go with this team except i would have Bentley over Paulo. Theirs something about Bentley i like. I think he could do something special off the bench. Plus if we pick up any knocks during the game he can play centre, back row and hooker.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I think we could miss Matty on Saturday. The past times we've played this year it's been quite a close game first quarter. The games have broken open when we've rotated, our replacements have been better than theirs. He's had some of his best games this year against Warrington.

Gutted for Matty he's been awesome for us this year. Shame that he's missing out. Someone else gets a shot though and I'm sure they won't let us down.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    I think we could miss Matty on Saturday. The past times we've played this year it's been quite a close game first quarter. The games have broken open when we've rotated, our replacements have been better than theirs. He's had some of his best games this year against Warrington.

Gutted for Matty he's been awesome for us this year. Shame that he's missing out. Someone else gets a shot though and I'm sure they won't let us down.
    LMS offers something very similar to Matty Lees, its Ashworth who needs to try and go up a notch as an out and out prop, in saying that his last 2 games have been decent in a "rotated" team.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Hope we are working on kick pressure and protecting Regan this week - Wires game plan will be exactly as they did vs Hull in the semi. High percentage stuff and a high ball to the corners

Just been reported that Lees injury is quite serious he has had to have abdominal/ bowel surgery. Wish him well. But very sad for a great player this season.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Just been reported that Lees injury is quite serious he has had to have abdominal/ bowel surgery. Wish him well. But very sad for a great player this season.
    Was it the tackle by Ferres after Matty had passed the ball or the subsequent ‘action on the ground’ as Cummins described it, that caused the injury?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Was it the tackle by Ferres after Matty had passed the ball or the subsequent ‘action on the ground’ as Cummins described it, that caused the injury?
    Didn’t see the afters on the ground but the Ferres hit was straight to the ribs as he turned & offloaded. I didn't think it was an illegal shot just that Lee's was exposed as he turned to pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Didn’t see the afters on the ground but the Ferres hit was straight to the ribs as he turned & offloaded. I didn't think it was an illegal shot just that Lee's was exposed as he turned to pass the ball.
    It was meant to hurt as Ferris is totally of that ilk.