Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The reputation of Wire fans grows ...

Noooobie

Default The reputation of Wire fans grows ...

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Any incident at Wembley the press will be all over it!!

From Wigan starting the season losing points before having the restored, drink driving, drugs test failure and the whole hand shake contract thing.
    Warrington have now taken the batton for making the sport's headlines over the past few weeks. Notice that their Wolf has been unseen during this time, rather than the embarassing plane flying stunt.

PR for the sport is awful, with own goal after own goal for the sport, usually from the clubs .

Whilst this incident, does make the sport and the professionals involved look more progressive, the fact that it occurred is the issue.

In The South Stand

This also demonstrates what pressures referees are under. We need refs just as much as we need players, coaches, owners, fans etc. Most of us moan and groan about them and they will make mistakes but as fans we need to keep it all in perspective and try to get off their backs.

A death threat is utterly ridiculous.

In The South Stand

Credit to Hicks for agreeing to meet this buffoon. If more "keyboard warriors" were called to account, I'm sure there'd be less of 'em!

Learning All The Songs

There have been occasions on the FB group where so called Saints fans say we "should shoot Wigan scum". When challenged, they claim it's just banter. This thing from the Warrington fan does seem a lot worse, though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    This also demonstrates what pressures referees are under. We need refs just as much as we need players, coaches, owners, fans etc. Most of us moan and groan about them and they will make mistakes but as fans we need to keep it all in perspective and try to get off their backs.

I agree...

But the RFL do sweet fanny all about players abusing refs in game - getting in their faces, questioning every decision against them, trying to coerce the ref to award decisions their way, etc.

We even had that freak Hill swearing at the ref as the culmination of a game where he'd been chirping in his ear all through, and the RFL - with the ideal opportunity to make a stand in the aftermath of the fighting debacle - yet totally ignored it.

In contrast, we've had a player sin binned for not making eye contact with the ref when he's getting a talking to. And the other season Percival copping a ban for accidentally slicing a kick of the ball into the ref after conceding a try.

It's an inconsistent joke.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I agree...

But the RFL do sweet fanny all about players abusing refs in game - getting in their faces, questioning every decision against them, trying to coerce the ref to award decisions their way, etc.

We even had that freak Hill swearing at the ref as the culmination of a game where he'd been chirping in his ear all through, and the RFL - with the ideal opportunity to make a stand in the aftermath of the fighting debacle - yet totally ignored it.

In contrast, we've had a player sin binned for not making eye contact with the ref when he's getting a talking to. And the other season Percival copping a ban for accidentally slicing a kick of the ball into the ref after conceding a try.

Nailed it.

Learning All The Songs

I agree...

It’s nit inconsistent, Saints consistently get pinged for trivial offences, whereas, Wire and Pie, players consistently get let off for far worse.

In The South Stand

I agree...

I agree. Players should be respectful. A captain asking for clarification of a decision and then accepting it is OK. Nagging away at the ref isn’t and swearing at a ref certainly isn’t. Referees should be encouraged to march teams back 10 metres where there is dissent and the disciplinary should support refs with bans where there is abuse or extreme cases of dissent. I keep bashing on about it but I would prefer refs not to use player’s first names.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I'm not sure I could have done what Hicks did without trying to rip the little scrotes throat out so huge credit to him.

I have to agree with others here, people like Hill need to be held to account for their actions. The way he's constantly undermining the officials is bordering on abuse of referees and is empowering these morons

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    It’s nit inconsistent, Saints consistently get pinged for trivial offences, whereas, Wire and Pie, players consistently get let off for far worse.
    Just read on Twitter a Wigan fan saying the same about us and wire

Then another from Salford saying they are picked on for being a small club

A wakefield fan complaining that saints and Leeds get everything

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I'm not sure I could have done what Hicks did without trying to rip the little scrotes throat out so huge credit to him.

I have to agree with others here, people like Hill need to be held to account for their actions. The way he's constantly undermining the officials is bordering on abuse of referees and is empowering these morons

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Agreed, abuse is becoming normalised and peop,e make continual attempts to justify with comments like the refs pick us for things but ignore the other teams

No ref = no game

Even the most empty-headed person can surely understand that......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    There have been occasions on the FB group where so called Saints fans say we "should shoot Wigan scum". When challenged, they claim it's just banter. This thing from the Warrington fan does seem a lot worse, though
    It's a song, singing something at rival fans isn't making a death threat. I'm not sure why that needs explaining.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    No ref = no game

Even the most empty-headed person can surely understand that......
    My only thought on the point. I have done the course for refereeing and the conduct of players makes it twice as hard. If some of the players bothered their backsides to learn the rules it would help.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I agree...

Exactly
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's a song, singing something at rival fans isn't making a death threat. I'm not sure why that needs explaining.
    Why ? Most artists and critics say that words put to song are more powerful.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Just a thought, i know its too late for the cc final as most fans like myself already have their tickets but could the recent unrest involving wire fans put fans off attending the grand final in October should saints and Warrington meet at old Trafford?

My 5 year old son's been coming with me this season, but after recent weeks I've decided against taking him to the final. Just not worth the risk. It certainly doesn't feel like a family game at the moment. Saints, wire and Widnes fans + alcohol + all day drinking = recipe for trouble.

I've had/seen trouble before at the likes of Hull and KR but Wire seem to think they're the Millwall of rugby with their Warrington Casual sh##e. Though its few and far between, it's getting more frequent lately.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    The national anthem itself talks about scattering enemies, making them fall, confounding their politics and crushing rebellious Scots.

Then again, it also talks about god like it exists. So it's clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

Banned

Because we're not artists, were singing a song to the fans and players of our biggest rivals, who no doubt do the same to us. What the •••• is wrong with some people? Just take it for what it is, not everything has a deeper meaning or hidden agenda.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Because we're not artists, were singing a song to the fans and players of our biggest rivals, who no doubt do the same to us. What the •••• is wrong with some people? Just take it for what it is, not everything has a deeper meaning or hidden agenda.
    Nothing wrong with me that I know, AD. Singing that Wigan scum should be shot, don`t think you have to look too deep in that, it is a death threat. I dont`t take too much notice but certain people attach feeling to these songs.
    Some songs have deep meaning to certain people, their words underpinning an emotion and time, these people even use a song title as their avatar on internet forums.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 15th August 2019 at 17:16.

Starting A Programme Collection

Wire have no history , the present is shite, their future is bleak.

With no Identity for those poor fans the crisis resorts to fans making there own identity- The biggest Knobs in town !

Yes like Millwall fans , shit team, brain dead folk nothing down for em expect for behaving like cocks! Problem is for Warrington, cant even do that right!

Banned

Nothing wrong with me that I know, AD. Singing that Wigan scum should be shot, don`t think you have to look too deep in that, it is a death threat. I dont`t take too much notice but certain people attach feeling to these songs.
    Some songs have deep meaning to certain people, their words underpinning an emotion and time, these people even use a song title as their avatar on me internet forums.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Wire have no history , the present is shite, their future is bleak.

With no Identity for those poor fans the crisis resorts to fans making there own identity- The biggest Knobs in town !

Yes like Millwall fans , shit team, brain dead folk nothing down for em expect for behaving like cocks! Problem is for Warrington, cant even do that right!

They've always been a mid-table 'nothing' club with a smallish but loyal fanbase, who have had some brief bright spells in times past, but always been in the shadow of a couple of their more successful and famous neighbours.

Then a wealthy new owner comes along, throws money at the club and they move to a new stadium. Questions are asked about their adherence to the game's financial regulations but toothless authorities fail to act.

Fan numbers grow, but quickly get all arrogant and develop a sense of entitlement. The club pulls cringey PR stunts to try to make headlines because they're desperate to be considered a giant of the game.

I'm trying to think of a parallel in football... anyone help me out here?

For any grown adult to be singing “shoot the x scum” in the name of a game of rugby is a bit odd imo