Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Pubs near Headingly

Got A Season Ticket

Default Pubs near Headingly

I’m in Leeds at the moment, so we’re planning on going to the game on Thursday.
    Are there any good pubs near Headingly/Leeds Beckett Uni?

I’m taking a group of various nationalities so they want to go to a decent “British Pub” (ala Cricks, Turks Head etc...) before and after the game.

(are there any pubs to avoid?)

(I’ve been trying to convert as many of them as possible to Saints fans!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post

I’m taking a group of various nationalities so they want to go to a decent “British Pub” (ala Cricks, Turks Head etc...) before and after the game.

Plenty on Headingley Lane, the Skyrack and Original Oak being the 2 closest to the ground, I prefer the Oak but they're both alright, neither are what you'd call real type places but I'm sure there will be something close by.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post

The Skyrack and The Original Oak, as mentioned above, are both popular with fans, and are typical big 'British Pubs'. The Oak has a big garden too.
    If your mates want something a little different but like their beer, try Arcadia on Otley Road at the end of the Arndale Centre (the big row of shops on the main road!)

Got A Replica Shirt

From rlfans. A couple of years out of date now but does the job.

http://jerrychicken.files.wordpress....eadingley1.pdf

Not in Headingley but my favourite proper pub in Leeds is The Duck and Drake in the centre.

http://www.duckndrake.co.uk/

Got A Season Ticket

The Skyrack and Original Oak are the 2 closest to the ground, they are both standard British pubs, as mentioned the Oak has a massive beer garden but don’t think you’ll get much use out of that this week.

Headingley Taps is usually decent before a game as well, then you have Manhatta (used to be the Arc) which is more a cocktail type bar but usually does deals on food for those going the match. The Box on Otley Road is a sports bar with loads of tv’s and pool tables upstairs and then there is Arcadia by Sainsbury’s which is a small place serving real ales and different beers/lagers compared to the standard stuff, this is more of a relaxed place to go for a few quiet drinks.

Knowledge above is based on living in Headingley as a student...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    The Skyrack and The Original Oak, as mentioned above, are both popular with fans, and are typical big 'British Pubs'. The Oak has a big garden too.
    If your mates want something a little different but like their beer, try Arcadia on Otley Road at the end of the Arndale Centre (the big row of shops on the main road!)
    Very good place to drink this and more of your "proper ale" pub. Is a fair 15 min walk to the ground and not sure on their rugby shirt policy but definitely better than TOO/Skyrack/Taps that will be heavily populated with Rhinos fans