Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Leeds

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man squad v Leeds

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/08/1...owles-returns/

Knowles and Batchelor for Paulo and LMS.

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. James Bentley, 24. Matty Costello, 25. Joe Batchelor, 29. Jack Welsby.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Difficult one to predict with Wembley next week but i’ll have a stab at the following:

Welsby
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Lees
    Smith
    Thompson
    Peyroux
    Taia
    Knowles

Bentley
    Amor
    Ashworth
    Batchelor
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Difficult one to predict with Wembley next week but i’ll have a stab at the following:

Welsby
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Lees
    Smith
    Thompson
    Peyroux
    Taia
    Knowles

Bentley
    Amor
    Ashworth
    Batchelor
    Who’s kicking the goals from that team? Percy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Welsby
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Lees
    Smith
    Thompson
    Peyroux
    Taia
    Knowles

Bentley
    Amor
    Ashworth
    Batchelor
    Only issue is the lack of a recognised kicker

I’m not sure what team we will see. Whichever starts will make me think about who might not play in the final.
    So many connotations. If Coote is not fit does he go without a kicker? Does he drop Fages (remember JH is off at seasons end so does not have to think about upsetting players now) to accommodate Richardson?
    If he is considering Lomax at FB he needs to play him there on Thursday.
    I think I’m just getting CCF fever and becoming delirious
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

What are people's thoughts about keeping some consistency in our half back partnership? Goal kicking could be the difference between winning and losing at Wembley. Even if Coote makes it, he hasn't kicked a single goal for a good couple of weeks now. It has to be a huge concern and one that cannot be overlooked.

I would be tempted to stick with Lomax at 6 and Richardson at 7. Yes, Richardson is far from the finished article and has had many critics, including myself at times, but he has a cool head when it comes to goal kicking. It's a gamble but one that I would be willing to accept. I would hate to lose the final because we missed the extra 2 pointers and any goal kicks from penalties.

I accept that it would be tough on Fages. Maybe have him on the bench? Big decision for JH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Who’s kicking the goals from that team? Percy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    I doesn't really matter does it? I wonder if Fages can kick goals. Or Thompson, he's good at most things.

In The South Stand

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/08/1...owles-returns/

Knowles and Batchelor for Paulo and LMS.

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. James Bentley, 24. Matty Costello, 25. Joe Batchelor, 29. Jack Welsby.
    Personally I wouldn't play any of the likely 17 for the Cup Final. Must admit to being very worried about Coote and Walmsley however. Hope they are both fit.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Assuming Coote is coming back in at full back next week this should be a test run in the halves for his Wembley pairing so keep Welsby at full back for now. Then it comes down to Fages v Richardson and personally I think Richardson offers a little bit more of what we need at the moment than Fages does.

Welsby, Makinson, Naiqama, Percival, Grace, Lomax, Richardson, Lees, Smith, Thompson, Taia, Peyroux, Knowles.
    Subs: Amor, Ashworth, Bentley, Batchelor/Fages
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Assuming Coote is coming back in at full back next week this should be a test run in the halves for his Wembley pairing so keep Welsby at full back for now. Then it comes down to Fages v Richardson and personally I think Richardson offers a little bit more of what we need at the moment than Fages does.

Welsby, Makinson, Naiqama, Percival, Grace, Lomax, Richardson, Lees, Smith, Thompson, Taia, Peyroux, Knowles.
    Subs: Amor, Ashworth, Bentley, Batchelor/Fages
    Pick Richardson over Fages and Warrington have a chance in my opinion.

I think Fages’ performances get played down an awful lot. He’s done some brilliant things for us this season and after the game, no-one mentions them. Richardson does something in a game and it gets spoken about for weeks. Find it slightly odd I’ve got to be honest.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Noooobie

Who cares saint e , points don't matter , rest and injuries are the priorities .
    Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post

I think Fages’ performances get played down an awful lot. He’s done some brilliant things for us this season and after the game, no-one mentions them. Richardson does something in a game and it gets spoken about for weeks. Find it slightly odd I’ve got to be honest.
    If there any doubts that Coote or Roby could break down in the final then Richardson or Fages to get a bench spot for me. Perhaps Fages starting when the first 20 mins a very tight defence is required, if we lose Coote or Roby then Lomax-Fages-Richardson can easily cover all the scenarios.

For the Leeds game it will be interesting if Holbrook picks Welsby at full back then who is going to be the halves for this game.

Would have thought Adam Swift would have been drafted in to give Tommy a rest - unless he’s injured of course. I would go with

Welsby
    Makinson
    Percival
    Costello
    Grace
    Richardson
    Fages
    Thomson
    Smith
    Lees
    Zeb
    Peyroux
    Knowles

Amor
    Ashworth
    Bentley
    Batchelor

Rest Lomax and Kev N this week as well.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Personally I wouldn't play any of the likely 17 for the Cup Final. Must admit to being very worried about Coote and Walmsley however. Hope they are both fit.
    Personally, I don't like the idea of a 'week off' before a major final. I don't think it has worked in the past and can't see it being any different this time.

For all of our remaining games we should be playing our first choice players. Only rest if someone has a slight niggle.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Would have thought Adam Swift would have been drafted in to give Tommy a rest - unless he’s injured of course. I would go with

Welsby
    Makinson
    Percival
    Costello
    Grace
    Richardson
    Fages
    Thomson
    Smith
    Lees
    Zeb
    Peyroux
    Knowles

Amor
    Ashworth
    Bentley
    Batchelor

Rest Lomax and Kev N this week as well.
    Definitely agree about Lomax, I wince every time he ducks into a tackle,if anyone should be held back for WEMBLEY it's him

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post

It would be very harsh on Fages, but if we lose the CC because we failed to convert the four pointers into six, then I can guarantee that people will be saying that Richardson should have played.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Everytime we've rested loads of players, we've been poop the next match. The team needs as much consistency as possible going into the final.... Ludicrous too rest most of the team.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    To be honest, even if we rest players in the cc final, we should still beat Warrington, we have the measure of them this season
    IIRC we won the 3 league games last season and lost the play off game. Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by newport dave View Post
    Everytime we've rested loads of players, we've been poop the next match. The team needs as much consistency as possible going into the final.... Ludicrous too rest most of the team.

Yet last season, tiredness and burn out were reasons given for failure. So we can’t seem to win. Be interesting to see what team Warrington put out and if they rest players. Usually the week before Wembley teams capitulate really easily - didn’t Leeds themselves thump us by 60 points one season the week before Wembley?

Yet last season, tiredness and burn out were reasons given for failure. So we can’t seem to win. Be interesting to see what team Warrington put out and if they rest players. Usually the week before Wembley teams capitulate really easily - didn’t Leeds themselves thump us by 60 points one season the week before Wembley?
    Plenty of players have been rested this season already. So don't need it now. We should be full steam ahead now to the GF. Players only rested if they have a niggle. Nothing to do with 'we can't seem to win' attitude. It's now the business end of the season and the players should playing for their lives and team spot at the CC final and GF, not being rested for the sake of it.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    It would be very harsh on Fages, but if we lose the CC because we failed to convert the four pointers into six, then I can guarantee that people will be saying that Richardson should have played.
    I guess it depends on how fit Coote actually is. If it’s a situation where we’re injecting him up and he can’t kick or we feel that he won’t make it through the game, I think we’ve got to consider whether he should play. I don’t think you can play full back these days if you’re physically struggling lower body wise, there’s just too much running involved particularly in a cup final.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

https://youtu.be/l1lwYmoJBCM

Starting A Programme Collection

We will be full strength at Wembley bar any injuries on Thursday. So Richardson will miss out.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Can Warrington afford to rest any against Wigan though? Them and Hull are breathing down their necks for 2nd place and a loss against The Pies would be pretty hard for them.......not a good fixture for them!! What a shame.......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Off the topic but a friend of mine who works for betfred admin has informed me the BETFRED TAXIS will be running in Manchester on grand final day
    Have you ever kept a thread on topic???!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk