Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 19 man squad v Leeds

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janos View Post
    Am i the only one sick of skys love in with Konrad Hurrell.
    No. But did you know that Leeds DOMINATED us in the first 20 minutes afterwhich the score was 0-0. According to Phil Clarke.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    No. But did you know that Leeds DOMINATED us in the first 20 minutes afterwhich the score was 0-0. According to Phil Clarke.
    Phil Clarke. The gift that keeps on giving.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Yes, Leeds were tremendous, as the panel kept telling us.

But then they got beat. Or something like that, so I'm confused.

Got A Season Ticket

The fact we can be flat in the first half and then come out strong in the second half is a real testament to Holbrook. Half time is where Coaches are under most pressure, they see things in the first half that need ammending, and he puts that into practice during his HT speech. Incredible coach.

I'd rather Eaves gets more game time over Smith now. Smith seems to fall off tackles too much and can't take a bump, IMO.

Learning All The Songs Ralph Fridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    Yes, Leeds were tremendous, as the panel kept telling us.

But then they got beat. Or something like that, so I'm confused.
    They talk mediocrity up to try to create some drama.

Sadly the vast majority of people watching on Sky have watched the sport for a fair while so it becomes apparent immediately that they are talking complete twaddle.

Thereby dragging the presentation of the sport further and further into the gutter.

When Clarke first came on Sky, he was a breath of fresh air. He must have been told to change his style or be controversial or something. After the 'rugby Gods' comment about McGuire when he did his cruciate at Wigan, he should have been binned there & then
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    The fact we can be flat in the first half and then come out strong in the second half is a real testament to Holbrook. Half time is where Coaches are under most pressure, they see things in the first half that need ammending, and he puts that into practice during his HT speech. Incredible coach.

I'd rather Eaves gets more game time over Smith now. Smith seems to fall off tackles too much and can't take a bump, IMO.
    Yes, we had a weak kicking game in that first half and I was almost sure Holbrook would get that fixed up in the interval talk. The one thing the SKY commentary got right was that Saints are patient and wait for their opportunities were as Leeds lacked composure and gave a lot of ball away and didn't really apply a lot of pressure, Saints looked comfortable defending in their own 20 metres..

Eaves was a fresh alternative to Smith and looks a bit more robust, his distribution was sharper but he did throw out some inaccurate passes but a decent performance which I think was only his 2nd Superleague game.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post

Both Eaves and Smith had top games last night. There’s a future for both of them at Saints. We’re very fortunate to have such talented young players coming through the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I've said it about Naiqama before but he reminds me of Kevin Iro. He can be average for large parts but then he'll come alive and destroy teams. Quality player when he's on it.
    I would say he’s just behind Makinson as the best finisher in the league. Give him the ball in the red zone and he will finish.

However I’m not convinced defensively. He is often out of position and gets beat on his outside shoulder. I think Holbrook got it right pairing him with Makinson.

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I would say hes just behind Makinson as the best finisher in the league. Give him the ball in the red zone and he will finish.

However Im not convinced defensively. He is often out of position and gets beat on his outside shoulder. I think Holbrook got it right pairing him with Makinson.
    He's generally quick enough to recover, he's very quick over the first 20m, he's no slouch after that either. Nestled between Fages and Makinson helps his game massively in defence

For this game, I would rest Lomax and leave Fages and Richardson to play and prove who wants the Wembley shirt. At this moment, I could not tell you who I would prefer to play at Wembley. If it was 2 months ago, I would have said Fages without a doubt, but I think Richardson has played his way back in and Fages has not been as effective as he was at the start of the year.

The question that needs to be asked is whether you go with a proven goal kicker or a proven defender for the final? I cannot see much between them with ball in hand.
    Im 100% for fages next week after last night.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I rate the lad me. First class attitude & he lives for playing rugby. I think he'll do well
    First time to see him Ralph good hands. I think Bentley may get a bench spot at Wembley, like Roy, have been a fan of his tackling since day one, he is now going higher more on the waist and trying to turtle oppo`s in one movement. Merrin and himself had a little battle in that department, Merrin edged it as expected but Bentley will be the better for it.

I believe Leeds were using last nights game as a benchmark after two convincing wins against poorer teams. So it's back to the drawing board then,,,
    I bought a pack of luminous condoms last week. The wife's face lit up.

I would say he’s just behind Makinson as the best finisher in the league. Give him the ball in the red zone and he will finish.

However I’m not convinced defensively. He is often out of position and gets beat on his outside shoulder. I think Holbrook got it right pairing him with Makinson.
    I actually thought to myself last night (after slating him) he would be good on the wing should he be needed.