Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack Welsby

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    If he doesn't take to the defensive aspect of full back then I think he'll slot in at six comfortably enough. His speed and accuracy of pass is superb and he looks a real threat with ball in hand. One way or another I think we've got another excellent young prospect there.

For those who have seen more of him in the academy, does he have much of a kicking game?
    No he doesn't......nor a passing game when playing in the Academy

Banned

I've said this before but he looks much more like a stand off to me, I don't think he likes taking the high ball although he looks pretty good defensively. I like the way he runs and is always looking for gap, he plays with his head up much like Leon Price did. He looks to have a big future.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    If he doesn't take to the defensive aspect of full back then I think he'll slot in at six comfortably enough. His speed and accuracy of pass is superb and he looks a real threat with ball in hand. One way or another I think we've got another excellent young prospect there.

For those who have seen more of him in the academy, does he have much of a kicking game?
    His greatest asset is his running and passing game, he has a decent array of passing skills which he has developed over the last 2 seasons. Doesn't have a major kicking game to the same strengths, I think he can also kick goals. Most of his game time has been at 6 but this season he's had a few appearances at full back at Academy International level and now in Superleague.

He has a little more time at full back but I would expect him to challenge for a half back spot in a few more seasons.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Is Welsby a stand off of the future? Giving some lovely passes in attack but looking a bit lost at times in defence. I think he makes some bad reads in defence at times and his fielding of some kicks tonight didn't fill me with confidence. Obviously everyone can have a bad game under the high ball but he looked really off it.
    Jack just needs time at full back in Super League to get the experience to go with his undoubted ability .