Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Welsby

Got A Season Ticket

Default Jack Welsby

Good signs last night...but needs to look up meaning of Condolence in dictionary...lol

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Yes I had to grin at that and he was even talking about Dires
    Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Good signs last night...but needs to look up meaning of Condolence in dictionary...lol

Got A Season Ticket

A young lad making his first TV interview, after a hard,well won game and he gets a word wrong........ Let’s crucify him.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsley roader View Post
    A young lad making his first TV interview, after a hard,well won game and he gets a word wrong........ Let’s crucify him.
    Hardly crucifying him just an innocent observation from Thommo lets not get to upset precious he is a great young player coming through no ones trying to knock him ok!!

I think you've over-interpreted a light-hearted remark from Thommo.

No

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Armourer View Post
    Hardly crucifying him just an innocent observation from Thommo lets not get to upset precious he is a great young player coming through no ones trying to knock him ok!!
    Then why does he have to mention any negatives???

Starting A Programme Collection

Get a life, or better still a sense of humour.

You need to get one of these

Funny moment, but that aside I was actually impressed by how fluently and confidently he spoke in front of the camera at 17.

[QUOTE=Sainthood;769709]Funny moment, but that aside I was actually impressed by how fluently and confidently he spoke in front of the camera at 17.[/QUOTE Totally Agree

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sainthood View Post
    Funny moment, but that aside I was actually impressed by how fluently and confidently he spoke in front of the camera at 17.
    Me too. Thought he did well on and off the field

Noooobie

Thought he was Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Sainthood View Post
    Quite right, no edge at all and very composed, just happy to be playing for the Saints. A captain in the making.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    A lot of people have said about the use of condolence in that sentence, but it works fine. He might be meaning to say congratulations to anyone stepping up to Super League level, but condolences also works. It's like he's saying 'unlucky anyone who steps up, the difference in standard is enormous and you'll find it terrifying'. If not just change the meaning of the word, Jack Welsby said so.

Got A Season Ticket

QUOTE=knowsley roader;769667]Then why does he have to mention any negatives???[/QUOTE]

The presence of "lol" at the end signified it was in jest....or so i thought. This isnt though....GET A LIFE!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    A lot of people have said about the use of condolence in that sentence, but it works fine. He might be meaning to say congratulations to anyone stepping up to Super League level, but condolences also works. It's like he's saying 'unlucky anyone who steps up, the difference in standard is enormous and you'll find it terrifying'. If not just change the meaning of the word, Jack Welsby said so.

What does it matter anyway. Jack Welsby is a very fine rugby player. He does not need to be coached in the art of elocution.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    What does it matter anyway. Jack Welsby is a very fine rugby player. He does not need to be coached in the art of elocution.

You're right it's a small point. I'm behind him as one of our young players regardless. I wish them all the very best

Media is part of every professional sport so an understanding of it is helpful

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    God sake.... i was joking

Is Welsby a stand off of the future? Giving some lovely passes in attack but looking a bit lost at times in defence. I think he makes some bad reads in defence at times and his fielding of some kicks tonight didn't fill me with confidence. Obviously everyone can have a bad game under the high ball but he looked really off it.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Is Welsby a stand off of the future? Giving some lovely passes in attack but looking a bit lost at times in defence. I think he makes some bad reads in defence at times and his fielding of some kicks tonight didn't fill me with confidence. Obviously everyone can have a bad game under the high ball but he looked really off it.
    Not for me, I think full back is his position. The defensive side of his game will come with time.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Hope so. If it does he'll be a top class full back in the mould of Lomax

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Not for me, I think full back is his position. The defensive side of his game will come with time.
    He’s surprisingly strong when he’s able to make contact as the last line of defence, but his positioning is a bit off for both defence and collecting kicks. I’m sure an off-season with Wello can clear it up.

He already looks very elegant in attack

He doesn't carry the ball like a young kid: he's a very assured runner and he plays with his head up, too. I must say, though, he doesn't fill me with confidence at full back when we don't have the ball. Hopefully this side of his game will improve with time, but it doesn't always work like that. In any case, I think he'd make a good 6.

Learning All The Songs

If he doesn't take to the defensive aspect of full back then I think he'll slot in at six comfortably enough. His speed and accuracy of pass is superb and he looks a real threat with ball in hand. One way or another I think we've got another excellent young prospect there.

For those who have seen more of him in the academy, does he have much of a kicking game?