Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The night before Wembley...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    You couldn’t be more wrong. I have no problem with alcohol, it’s the fools that can’t handle it that I despise.
    you despise them? Have a word with yourself.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree with you too regarding the GF. I read an interesting article yesterday were Zlatan Ibrahimovic was slating the play-off system in the MLS. It's a convoluted, drawn out money spinner that rewards mediocrity. Most fans see through the play offs and that's reflected in attendances. Ok, the GF is a day out and an excuse for a •••• up but it's bollocks when the LEAGUE CHAMPIONS could come from from 2 teams finishing say 3rd and 4th. I've said before, all teams from the top 3 divisions should enter the cup in the 1st round and give the smaller clubs the chance of a big pay day/possible giant killing and play the final in May. Then the league season would run for longer.
    Read the same article a few days ago. You couldn't help but make comparisons, except we have not one with his stature to speak out.

You couldn’t be more wrong. I have no problem with alcohol, it’s the fools that can’t handle it that I despise.
    I would have been despicable very Fri after work, and every weekend when I was younger.

you despise them? Have a word with yourself.
    By “can’t handle it” I mean those idiots that have to look for trouble and try to prove how hard they are. I played rugby for over 40 years and regularly had a fair amount to drink but never felt the need to cause trouble, preferring to do my fighting on the pitch when appropriate rather than involve innocent people just trying to have a good night out. I know you probably won’t understand that as someone who openly boasts about Warrington fans being given a good hiding off the pitch.

Banned

By “can’t handle it” I mean those idiots that have to look for trouble and try to prove how hard they are. I played rugby for over 40 years and regularly had a fair amount to drink but never felt the need to cause trouble, preferring to do my fighting on the pitch when appropriate rather than involve innocent people just trying to have a good night out. I know you probably won’t understand that as someone who openly boasts about Warrington fans being given a good hiding off the pitch.
    For someone who tries his hardest to appear intelligent and aloof on here, you come across as being pretty stupid. I didn't boast about Warrington fans taking a a hiding - it's happened, it's a fact and the same the opposite way too, I know because I was there. I've nothing to prove to anyone on here, plenty know me, I don't try and hide that but if you think a 38 year old family man is the same person as a daft 25 year with a chip on his shoulder then you're just confirming your stupidity. Nor have I ever hurt anyone who wasn't looking for trouble so don't insinuate otherwise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would have been despicable very Fri after work, and every weekend when I was younger.
    I'm ashamed to know your name as I drank sensibly last weekend and will do so again this weekend. Might have a couple of bottles of leffe this afternoon as a treat though.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Wouldn't know mate. Refused to give the Glaziers anything after my substantial ticket fees. It's that Singha beer anyway. Wouldn't drink it free.

Old Trafford is a tired ground now. Clearly, Not a lot has gone on upkeep & it looks tatty. I'd happily have the Grand Final moved. Actually, no, binned off altogether with another cup competition in.

Final would be in Angry Dave's back garden. Yellow Giraffe & Tez the Saint on Commentary, Fishy making banners (He did a really good one on here once), Col 81 at scrum half (he is the master of halfback play), & SaintH in fancy dress as Danny Richardson.

Thread derailed. Feel free to add & apologies for missing any posters out. I love you all. Bar you Col. Although I bow to your superiority.
    I don't really mind the thread being derailed if it bumps it up again, and the original message isn't lost.

Perhaps we should all meet up at http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/ to discuss the finer points of the Alternative Even Grander Final?
    We could all get despicable in the process!
    (See what I did there?)

I'm ashamed to know your name as I drank sensibly last weekend and will do so again this weekend. Might have a couple of bottles of leffe this afternoon as a treat though.
    If you can get it over there,you really should tr the Gouden Carolus Classic. It's won the award for best dark beer in the world about 3 times in recent years. A really rich taste.

Banned

If you can get it over there,you really should tr the Gouden Carolus Classic. It's won the award for best dark beer in the world about 3 times in recent years. A REALL RICH TASTE.
    I will look out for that on my travels. I've been roped in to bloody exercising tonight so afternoon beers are probably not the best idea.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

If you can get it over there,you really should tr the Gouden Carolus Classic. It's won the award for best dark beer in the world about 3 times in recent years. A really rich taste.
    Alas my favourite bar in Ypres - Tom's Hopperie - is (hopefully only temporarily) closed at the minute......and I'm still trying to get a case of Westvletteren!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I don't really mind the thread being derailed if it bumps it up again, and the original message isn't lost.

Perhaps we should all meet up at http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/ to discuss the finer points of the Alternative Even Grander Final?
    We could all get despicable in the process!
    (See what I did there?)
    We are going to go there on the Friday I think, so hopefully see you there!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Noooobie

Hi all,

From the South, congratulations on reaching the Cup Final. Getting back to what this thread actually started with, London Skolars are hosting a promotion-clash fixture on the Friday night. If you buy in advance, it's just £8 entry, with very reasonably priced food and drink. Pubs in Wood Green serving pints for £3.35 isn't too shabby either.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friday-...ts-53009108671

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Alas my favourite bar in Ypres - Tom's Hopperie - is (hopefully only temporarily) closed at the minute......and I'm still trying to get a case of Westvletteren!
    They started this year selling Westvletteren online. I would think that there still very limited supplies though.

They started this year selling Westvletteren online. I would think that there still very limited supplies though.
    I'll need to have a look!