Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: The night before Wembley...

  1. #26
    Learning All The Songs Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,473
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    but surely it would be better in the grounds of Col81's mansion as he's a 50k a year Wolf of Wall St who can't remember what luxury German cars he's selling this week. Tabasco would be outside with one of those "Alcohol is evil" banners you used to see years back. I will take charge of the bars which will be heavily staffed by buxom young wenches wearing hooters type uniforms and will have completed a 4 week training program in not being useless at great personal sacrifice to myself.
    I feel that This is gathering momentum ha ha ha
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  2. #27
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I feel that This is gathering momentum ha ha ha
    I agree with you too regarding the GF. I read an interesting article yesterday were Zlatan Ibrahimovic was slating the play-off system in the MLS. It's a convoluted, drawn out money spinner that rewards mediocrity. Most fans see through the play offs and that's reflected in attendances. Ok, the GF is a day out and an excuse for a up but it's bollocks when the LEAGUE CHAMPIONS could come from from 2 teams finishing say 3rd and 4th. I've said before, all teams from the top 3 divisions should enter the cup in the 1st round and give the smaller clubs the chance of a big pay day/possible giant killing and play the final in May. Then the league season would run for longer.

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,337
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    but surely it would be better in the grounds of Col81's mansion as he's a 50k a year Wolf of Wall St who can't remember what luxury German cars he's selling this week. Tabasco would be outside with one of those "Alcohol is evil" banners you used to see years back. I will take charge of the bars which will be heavily staffed by buxom young wenches wearing hooters type uniforms and will have completed a 4 week training program in not being useless at great personal sacrifice to myself.
    You couldnt be more wrong. I have no problem with alcohol, its the fools that cant handle it that I despise.

  4. #29
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    You couldn’t be more wrong. I have no problem with alcohol, it’s the fools that can’t handle it that I despise.
    you despise them? Have a word with yourself.

  5. #30
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Wouldn't know mate. Refused to give the Glaziers anything after my substantial ticket fees. It's that Singha beer anyway. Wouldn't drink it free.

    Old Trafford is a tired ground now. Clearly, Not a lot has gone on upkeep & it looks tatty. I'd happily have the Grand Final moved. Actually, no, binned off altogether with another cup competition in.

    Final would be in Angry Dave's back garden. Yellow Giraffe & Tez the Saint on Commentary, Fishy making banners (He did a really good one on here once), Col 81 at scrum half (he is the master of halfback play), & SaintH in fancy dress as Danny Richardson.

    Thread derailed. Feel free to add & apologies for missing any posters out. I love you all. Bar you Col. Although I bow to your superiority.
    I know one thing a lot of fans really dont like about having the final at old Trafford is the horrendous queues for the trams after the game,,,, but every stadium has a public transport downside after a game i suppose

  6. #31
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,451
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree with you too regarding the GF. I read an interesting article yesterday were Zlatan Ibrahimovic was slating the play-off system in the MLS. It's a convoluted, drawn out money spinner that rewards mediocrity. Most fans see through the play offs and that's reflected in attendances. Ok, the GF is a day out and an excuse for a •••• up but it's bollocks when the LEAGUE CHAMPIONS could come from from 2 teams finishing say 3rd and 4th. I've said before, all teams from the top 3 divisions should enter the cup in the 1st round and give the smaller clubs the chance of a big pay day/possible giant killing and play the final in May. Then the league season would run for longer.
    Read the same article a few days ago. You couldn't help but make comparisons, except we have not one with his stature to speak out.

  7. #32
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,451
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    You couldn’t be more wrong. I have no problem with alcohol, it’s the fools that can’t handle it that I despise.
    I would have been despicable very Fri after work, and every weekend when I was younger.

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,337
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    you despise them? Have a word with yourself.
    By “can’t handle it” I mean those idiots that have to look for trouble and try to prove how hard they are. I played rugby for over 40 years and regularly had a fair amount to drink but never felt the need to cause trouble, preferring to do my fighting on the pitch when appropriate rather than involve innocent people just trying to have a good night out. I know you probably won’t understand that as someone who openly boasts about Warrington fans being given a good hiding off the pitch.

  9. #34
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    By “can’t handle it” I mean those idiots that have to look for trouble and try to prove how hard they are. I played rugby for over 40 years and regularly had a fair amount to drink but never felt the need to cause trouble, preferring to do my fighting on the pitch when appropriate rather than involve innocent people just trying to have a good night out. I know you probably won’t understand that as someone who openly boasts about Warrington fans being given a good hiding off the pitch.
    Ive known fans, including myself who regularly have 5 or 6 pints before a match and never cause any bother at all,,, but yes there are fans who get too drunk and thats where the problems start. And I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy a match whilst being drunk

  10. #35
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    By “can’t handle it” I mean those idiots that have to look for trouble and try to prove how hard they are. I played rugby for over 40 years and regularly had a fair amount to drink but never felt the need to cause trouble, preferring to do my fighting on the pitch when appropriate rather than involve innocent people just trying to have a good night out. I know you probably won’t understand that as someone who openly boasts about Warrington fans being given a good hiding off the pitch.
    For someone who tries his hardest to appear intelligent and aloof on here, you come across as being pretty stupid. I didn't boast about Warrington fans taking a a hiding - it's happened, it's a fact and the same the opposite way too, I know because I was there. I've nothing to prove to anyone on here, plenty know me, I don't try and hide that but if you think a 38 year old family man is the same person as a daft 25 year with a chip on his shoulder then you're just confirming your stupidity. Nor have I ever hurt anyone who wasn't looking for trouble so don't insinuate otherwise.

  11. #36
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would have been despicable very Fri after work, and every weekend when I was younger.
    I'm ashamed to know your name as I drank sensibly last weekend and will do so again this weekend. Might have a couple of bottles of leffe this afternoon as a treat though.

  12. #37
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Wouldn't know mate. Refused to give the Glaziers anything after my substantial ticket fees. It's that Singha beer anyway. Wouldn't drink it free.

    Old Trafford is a tired ground now. Clearly, Not a lot has gone on upkeep & it looks tatty. I'd happily have the Grand Final moved. Actually, no, binned off altogether with another cup competition in.

    Final would be in Angry Dave's back garden. Yellow Giraffe & Tez the Saint on Commentary, Fishy making banners (He did a really good one on here once), Col 81 at scrum half (he is the master of halfback play), & SaintH in fancy dress as Danny Richardson.

    Thread derailed. Feel free to add & apologies for missing any posters out. I love you all. Bar you Col. Although I bow to your superiority.
    I don't really mind the thread being derailed if it bumps it up again, and the original message isn't lost.

    Perhaps we should all meet up at http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/ to discuss the finer points of the Alternative Even Grander Final?
    We could all get despicable in the process!
    (See what I did there?)

  13. #38
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,451
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm ashamed to know your name as I drank sensibly last weekend and will do so again this weekend. Might have a couple of bottles of leffe this afternoon as a treat though.
    If you can get it over there,you really should tr the Gouden Carolus Classic. It's won the award for best dark beer in the world about 3 times in recent years. A really rich taste.

  14. #39
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If you can get it over there,you really should tr the Gouden Carolus Classic. It's won the award for best dark beer in the world about 3 times in recent years. A REALL RICH TASTE.
    I will look out for that on my travels. I've been roped in to bloody exercising tonight so afternoon beers are probably not the best idea.

  15. #40
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If you can get it over there,you really should tr the Gouden Carolus Classic. It's won the award for best dark beer in the world about 3 times in recent years. A really rich taste.
    Alas my favourite bar in Ypres - Tom's Hopperie - is (hopefully only temporarily) closed at the minute......and I'm still trying to get a case of Westvletteren!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  16. #41
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I don't really mind the thread being derailed if it bumps it up again, and the original message isn't lost.

    Perhaps we should all meet up at http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/ to discuss the finer points of the Alternative Even Grander Final?
    We could all get despicable in the process!
    (See what I did there?)
    We are going to go there on the Friday I think, so hopefully see you there!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  17. #42
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi all,

    From the South, congratulations on reaching the Cup Final. Getting back to what this thread actually started with, London Skolars are hosting a promotion-clash fixture on the Friday night. If you buy in advance, it's just 8 entry, with very reasonably priced food and drink. Pubs in Wood Green serving pints for 3.35 isn't too shabby either.

    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friday-...ts-53009108671

  18. #43
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,451
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Alas my favourite bar in Ypres - Tom's Hopperie - is (hopefully only temporarily) closed at the minute......and I'm still trying to get a case of Westvletteren!
    .
    They started this year selling Westvletteren online. I would think that there still very limited supplies though.

  19. #44
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    .
    They started this year selling Westvletteren online. I would think that there still very limited supplies though.
    I'll need to have a look!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •