Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saints fans coach

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Jealousy and geography, not to mention the contempt we have for them and the hidings they've had on and off the pitch over the years in St Helens.
    Yup. We've always been keen to laugh at them as our far less famous and successful neighbours, and their fans have developed a real bitterness about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ah, Moral Highground FC.

Whilst Heysel will always be a stain on Liverpool and the club and its fans must always shoulder the blame for that, if you cared to look at the whole scenario, you'd understand it's far more complex than 'Liverpool fans just decided to go feral'. Especially since before that, Liverpool fans were considered great travellers who didn't cause trouble. And we've had numerous excursions into Europe since without a hint of trouble.

But then, in the last couple of years, we've seen Everton fans having street battles with Millwall fans last season; Everton fans throwing punches at Lyon players who had the temerity to celebrate scoring (in a thorough trouncing of your small, also-ran club); and this week an Everton fan arrested for making racist Tweets.

Remind me again which fans should be worried about getting tarred with the same brush as the other.
    I know people who were at Heysel, including a Juventus fan who admits they started it and I know Everton fans have done plenty wrong over the years but we certainly don't have the same mentality as you lot, nor do we think the footballing world revolves around us and there's absolutely nothing you can say to change my mind on that.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 11th August 2019 at 13:48.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Ive said before though, finals tend to be better policed. One thing ive never understood though and maybe im being naive, but why do Warrington seem to hate us saints that much?I mean, a section of their fans hate us more than wigan do
    Wigan it's rivalry, Warrington It's jealousy.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wigan it's rivalry, Warrington It's jealousy.
    Totally this! That’s why the Wire have always been known as the ‘Bitters’

Got A Season Ticket

The kids are in the playground again! started watching Saints aged 11, and I have mates in different clubs, teams and never have any problems, it is Sport, its just a game! lol

Got A Replica Shirt FW de KLERK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ah, Moral Highground FC.

Whilst Heysel will always be a stain on Liverpool and the club and its fans must always shoulder the blame for that, if you cared to look at the whole scenario, you'd understand it's far more complex than 'Liverpool fans just decided to go feral'. Especially since before that, Liverpool fans were considered great travellers who didn't cause trouble. And we've had numerous excursions into Europe since without a hint of trouble.

But then, in the last couple of years, we've seen Everton fans having street battles with Millwall fans last season; Everton fans throwing punches at Lyon players who had the temerity to celebrate scoring (in a thorough trouncing of your small, also-ran club); and this week an Everton fan arrested for making racist Tweets.

Remind me again which fans should be worried about getting tarred with the same brush as the other.
    Great travellers? You were either not around in the early '70's or you've forgotten - Liverpool fans invented the concept of smashing up railway carriages.