Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saints fans coach

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...t-rugby-league

Needs to be sorted, like others have said, we don't want to go backwards on this issue.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    It's always been the same. I can go back to the 1980s and whenever Warrington fans had kicked off somewhere, they'd always been provoked. There was always a reason. They were always hard done to.

The one thing that I never wanted was a Saints-Warrington Final, because it will spoil the occasion.

If we beat them, they will be getting angry. If we lose to them, then they'll celebrate by getting angry in your face, and by trying to goad you in to trouble.

Their similarity to Liverpool fans is uncanny. :-)
    Hilarious

Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS2411 View Post
    Hilarious
    Not particularly but highly accurate. The one thing I hate about being an Everton is that we get tarred with the same brush as the victims.

Got A Season Ticket

Must admit you don't see too much trouble from the pie lot, when they win they are too busy congratulating themselves and when they lose they have all gone home before the final whistle

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Must admit you don't see too much trouble from the pie lot, when they win they are too busy congratulating themselves and when they lose they have all gone home before the final whistle
    Spot on lol.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Yes wembley could be chaotic,,, plus imagine around old trafford IF we meet in the Grand Final
    Widnes fans will be at Wembley too and there's no love lost between them and Wire either.
    Dreading the potential headlines in the press on the Sunday morning........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Widnes fans will be at Wembley too and there's no love lost between them and Wire either.
    Dreading the potential headlines in the press on the Sunday morning........
    Ive said before though, finals tend to be better policed. One thing ive never understood though and maybe im being naive, but why do Warrington seem to hate us saints that much?I mean, a section of their fans hate us more than wigan do
    Last edited by Mancunian Saint; 10th August 2019 at 23:02.

Ive said before though, finals tend to be better policed. One thing ive never understood though and maybe im being naive, but why do Warrington seem to hate us saints that much?I mean, a section of their fans hate us more than wigan do
    Said many years ago that some Warrington fans watching the 80-0 and 72-2 massacres would mentally scar them for life.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 11th August 2019 at 14:39.

Jealousy and geography, not to mention the contempt we have for them and the hidings they've had on and off the pitch over the years in St Helens.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Not particularly but highly accurate. The one thing I hate about being an Everton is that we get tarred with the same brush as the victims.
    Ah, Moral Highground FC.

Whilst Heysel will always be a stain on Liverpool and the club and its fans must always shoulder the blame for that, if you cared to look at the whole scenario, you'd understand it's far more complex than 'Liverpool fans just decided to go feral'. Especially since before that, Liverpool fans were considered great travellers who didn't cause trouble. And we've had numerous excursions into Europe since without a hint of trouble.

But then, in the last couple of years, we've seen Everton fans having street battles with Millwall fans last season; Everton fans throwing punches at Lyon players who had the temerity to celebrate scoring (in a thorough trouncing of your small, also-ran club); and this week an Everton fan arrested for making racist Tweets.

Remind me again which fans should be worried about getting tarred with the same brush as the other.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Jealousy and geography, not to mention the contempt we have for them and the hidings they've had on and off the pitch over the years in St Helens.
    Yup. We've always been keen to laugh at them as our far less famous and successful neighbours, and their fans have developed a real bitterness about it.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ah, Moral Highground FC.

Whilst Heysel will always be a stain on Liverpool and the club and its fans must always shoulder the blame for that, if you cared to look at the whole scenario, you'd understand it's far more complex than 'Liverpool fans just decided to go feral'. Especially since before that, Liverpool fans were considered great travellers who didn't cause trouble. And we've had numerous excursions into Europe since without a hint of trouble.

But then, in the last couple of years, we've seen Everton fans having street battles with Millwall fans last season; Everton fans throwing punches at Lyon players who had the temerity to celebrate scoring (in a thorough trouncing of your small, also-ran club); and this week an Everton fan arrested for making racist Tweets.

Remind me again which fans should be worried about getting tarred with the same brush as the other.
    I know people who were at Heysel, including a Juventus fan who admits they started it and I know Everton fans have done plenty wrong over the years but we certainly don't have the same mentality as you lot, nor do we think the footballing world revolves around us and there's absolutely nothing you can say to change my mind on that.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 11th August 2019 at 12:48.

In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar

Wigan it's rivalry, Warrington It's jealousy.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wigan it's rivalry, Warrington It's jealousy.
    Totally this! That’s why the Wire have always been known as the ‘Bitters’

The kids are in the playground again! started watching Saints aged 11, and I have mates in different clubs, teams and never have any problems, it is Sport, its just a game! lol

Got A Replica Shirt FW de KLERK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ah, Moral Highground FC.

Great travellers? You were either not around in the early '70's or you've forgotten - Liverpool fans invented the concept of smashing up railway carriages.