Hattons Solicitors Banner
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Dire Fact

  1. #1
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Dire Fact

    The Dire are closer to the bottom than they are to the top!

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,365
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Not quite, they are 14 points from the top and bottom.

  3. #3
    Starting A Programme Collection St Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newton Le Willows
    Posts
    744
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Wow that's an amazing stat

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Epic!

  5. #5
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    They are technically mid table whilst being second

  6. #6
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Dire were amazing tonight according to Sky.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Learning All The Songs The.Reverand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Dire were amazing tonight according to Sky.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    They were dogs shit, but Ratchford did everything he could for them. Without him the we’re beyond pedestrian.

  8. #8
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,636
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Dire were amazing tonight according to Sky.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Totally inept the lot of them , Clarke unusually facing upto the truth , Saints "especially with the new young breed" are streets above the rest .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  9. #9
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Totally inept the lot of them , Clarke unusually facing upto the truth , Saints "especially with the new young breed" are streets above the rest .
    Good to see Clarke stick up for us to be honest because O'Connor had a mare. I have no idea what he was going on about, apparently our forwards were steamrolled by Wire, Carney going on about their changes and ignoring us. Plus they have replaced Angela Powers with someone worse somehow.

    Sky are a shambles.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Noooobie Sainthood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Warrington showed such great spirit tonight. Warrington can take huge encouragement from that. Warrington's forwards were towering, Warrington didn't shirk their responsibility and gave it to the opposition. If Warrington keep doing that it's not long before they're dominating games like this tonight. The youngsters for Warrington absolutely shone - yes the odd mistake, but they were so very brave, its such a shame luck wasn't on Warrington's side. Warrington's pressing as a team was phenomenal. Wasn't Warrington's attitude from 1 to 17 just simply inspiring? You know, Warrington reminded me of a great Warrington side tonight, they entertained the Warrington fans from the first Warrington whistle to the last Warrington whistle. Warrington, Warrington and Warrington tonight.

    Anyway that's my neutral analysis of the game - can I have a job in the Sky commentary box now?

  11. #11
    Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Let us not forget that Warrington threw a kid into the halves tonight, yes he made mistakes, but will they bring him in again this season? It just concerns me a little when teams throw youth players into the first team and not really have a plan after the game for them. John Duffy similarly had a deep end debut if I recall correctly for Warrington and never went back to the youth set up, but then didn't develop as his potential promised. John McAtee for us likewise, along with countless other.

    I'm not quite sure what to make of tonights game, youth development for both clubs looks promising, Warrington bring out grub tactics when the game has gone beyond their reach, Matty Smith plays the same game irrelevant of the shirt he's wearing, Tommy Makinson has the ability to fly and suckers on his fingers, Kyle Amor can at times think he's back playing at centre, standing square at the play of the ball is debatable depending on the colour of your shirt, Sky glossed over the Warrington transgressions from 6 days agoand tried their best to positive spin everything to the point that "spoon full of sugar" caused diabetes!!!

  12. #12
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,528
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I ran the numbers, there’s at least one plausible scenario where Warrington miss out on the play offs if their form continues (sadly it also would involve Leeds almost definitely not being relegated). It doesn’t even assume Warrington lose every game

    It could finish

    Saints
    ...
    Hull/Wigan/Salford/Catalans 34
    Warrington 32

  13. #13
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,713
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    You have to feel sorry for Warrington. They're so starved of success they celebrate a knock on like they won the league.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,022
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Check out this cracker of a quote from rubber duckie...


    Our pack has been weak throughout this period...it was the same vs Saints.
    Our pack is shallow but when complete...we have the ability.
    6/8 or 7/9 means nothing when 7/10 wins us the CC!
    I'd rest the whole team against Wigan...finishing 2nd isn't a priority until after we win the CC!
    ....and I don't care if we finished the regular at 3 or 4...if we have the complete pack...we have the ability and we win the double.

    It matters nothing to me where we play...if we have the best team, we win...regardless of venue or position.



    I thought it was just on redvee that he/she posted crap.

  15. #15
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,498
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    They were dogs shit, but Ratchford did everything he could for them. Without him the we’re beyond pedestrian.
    Ive said this for a few seasons. Ratchford is very dangerous. Without Hill, Ratchford, Clarke and Austin they would be mid table at very best.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  16. #16
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Good to see Clarke stick up for us to be honest because O'Connor had a mare. I have no idea what he was going on about, apparently our forwards were steamrolled by Wire, Carney going on about their changes and ignoring us. Plus they have replaced Angela Powers with someone worse somehow.

    Sky are a shambles.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I enjoyed the game but in the end turned the sound off when Clarke came out with , this is why they will have every chance of lifting a trophy they celebrate each other after a good tackle or a mistake like no other team

  17. #17
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hiding in Wigan
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    How come dire get praise for playing an under strength team and we get vilified?C.O.Y.S.

  18. #18
    Starting A Programme Collection St Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newton Le Willows
    Posts
    744
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Ive said this for a few seasons. Ratchford is very dangerous. Without Hill, Ratchford, Clarke and Austin they would be mid table at very best.
    Hill's garbage. He really is. Offers nothing going forward. Ratchford and Austin are head and shoulders above the rest. Considering their pack kept getting over us, for the first time ever, we still found away round them.

    We have a great team and some exceptional players. Wire have Ratchford and Austin.

  19. #19
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,725
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Hill's garbage. He really is. Offers nothing going forward. Ratchford and Austin are head and shoulders above the rest. Considering their pack kept getting over us, for the first time ever, we still found away round them.

    We have a great team and some exceptional players. Wire have Ratchford and Austin.
    Have to disagree with you there. Hill strikes me as an odious meff but is nonetheless a high-quality prop forward.

  20. #20
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,655
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Check out this cracker of a quote from rubber duckie...


    Our pack has been weak throughout this period...it was the same vs Saints.
    Our pack is shallow but when complete...we have the ability.
    6/8 or 7/9 means nothing when 7/10 wins us the CC!
    I'd rest the whole team against Wigan...finishing 2nd isn't a priority until after we win the CC!
    ....and I don't care if we finished the regular at 3 or 4...if we have the complete pack...we have the ability and we win the double.

    It matters nothing to me where we play...if we have the best team, we win...regardless of venue or position.



    I thought it was just on redvee that he/she posted crap.
    I thought RD only came in here to wind people up, I didn't realise he really is deluded.

  21. #21
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,027
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Check out this cracker of a quote from rubber duckie...


    Our pack has been weak throughout this period...it was the same vs Saints.
    Our pack is shallow but when complete...we have the ability.
    6/8 or 7/9 means nothing when 7/10 wins us the CC!
    I'd rest the whole team against Wigan...finishing 2nd isn't a priority until after we win the CC!
    ....and I don't care if we finished the regular at 3 or 4...if we have the complete pack...we have the ability and we win the double.

    It matters nothing to me where we play...if we have the best team, we win...regardless of venue or position.



    I thought it was just on redvee that he/she posted crap.
    I though RD and Saddened were the same user - both have a deluded over estimation of Warrington.

  22. #22
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,626
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Check out this cracker of a quote from rubber duckie...


    Our pack has been weak throughout this period...it was the same vs Saints.
    Our pack is shallow but when complete...we have the ability.
    6/8 or 7/9 means nothing when 7/10 wins us the CC!
    I'd rest the whole team against Wigan...finishing 2nd isn't a priority until after we win the CC!
    ....and I don't care if we finished the regular at 3 or 4...if we have the complete pack...we have the ability and we win the double.

    It matters nothing to me where we play...if we have the best team, we win...regardless of venue or position.



    I thought it was just on redvee that he/she posted crap.
    RD is deluded but it's hilarious reading some of their rubbish.

    I suppose we'll see how good their pack is at Wembley won't we.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •