Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Got A Season Ticket

Default Cats Vs wire

Utter disgrace. Good result for us though. Wire fans showing their true colours

Learning All The Songs

Warrington fans fighting in stands disgusting bad day for RL

Tomkins and Micky Mac both sent off and how a few of Warrington's team stayed on I don't know?

And round it off Austin picks up a bad ankle injury should be a doubt for Wembley

Never thought we would see things like that in Rugby League. Combination of frustration, too much sun and beer with the spectators plus two very physical aggressive teams. Ironic that two known Wigan miscreants were red carded. Chris Hill’s actions were also very dubious.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Exactly,, bunch of pathetic cowards
    Every team has this bunch of morons, there was similar possibilities at bolton last week with saints fans throwing beer at each other then squaring up. It was diffused but could have gotten ugly.

Last season saints fans (teenagers) started trouble on an elderly wire couple which i had to intervene in, so its not just wire specific.

The rfl needs to stamp this out and quick otherwise it will breed and we will see more.

The performance from the wire and cat players needs further punishment as it was a disgrace and escalated things massively.
    Saints until i Die!!!!

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Both clubs should be fined and a few fans should be getting bans. Terrible scenes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

At least it confirmed the LLS for us.

Learning All The Songs

Mr Hill should be visiting Red Hall next week when he got sin binned in first half did you see his stiff arm and elbow in the Catalans face on the ground?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Never thought we would see things like that in Rugby League. Combination of frustration, too much sun and beer with the spectators plus two very physical aggressive teams. Ironic that two known Wigan miscreants were red carded. Chris Hill’s actions were also very dubious.
    To be fair to Chris Hill his family were in the stands and he was concerned for their safety.

Thick As Mince

That is quite frankly pathetic

Learning All The Songs

There has been a marked change in how Warrington play since Price took charge and it isn't pretty.

Thick As Mince

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    To be fair to Chris Hill his family were in the stands and he was concerned for their safety.

I agree with this too. I think Chris Hill was very restrained in the circumstances. If your missus and kids are in danger what WOULDN'T you do to protect them............... but... from your own fans though. That is a new level i have seen today.

Learning All The Songs

Was this on sky? i couldnt find it on any of the channels!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Was this on sky? i couldnt find it on any of the channels!
    Sky sports mix

Think both teams should be in trouble for this. Fines? Bans? Points deductions?

Got A Season Ticket

Think both teams should be in trouble for this. Fines? Bans? Points deductions?
    No just Warrington lol

When he camera cut to the Wire fans clambering up into the area at the top it reminded me of the storming the castle scenes from Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but Hill was among one of the many malcontents who started and then continued the violence on the pitch. He threw a punch on the ground at one stage on a prone Catalans player, he also argued with any decision made and was involved in every coming together on the pitch. Both teams were as bad as each other and I suggest that the disciplinary committee take a long hard look at the tapes from that game. To be fair to Childs, he couldn't control players who just ignored him. At one point Hill marched a touch judge backwards. There was zero respect for officials and this transmitted itself to the drunken mob, who subconsciously recognised the green light to go apesh*t on the terraces. This is what happens when our sport is not officiated correctly. There must be bans, fines and possibly points deductions for this, it's the only way the people and organizations concerned will address the situation. Bad day for our great game. Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but Hill was among one of the many malcontents who started and then continued the violence on the pitch. He threw a punch on the ground at one stage on a prone Catalans player, he also argued with any decision made and was involved in every coming together on the pitch. Both teams were as bad as each other and I suggest that the disciplinary committee take a long hard look at the tapes from that game. To be fair to Childs, he couldn't control players who just ignored him. At one point Hill marched a touch judge backwards. There was zero respect for officials and this transmitted itself to the drunken mob, who subconsciously recognised the green light to go apesh*t on the terraces. This is what happens when our sport is not officiated correctly. There must be bans, fines and possibly points deductions for this, it's the only way the people and organizations concerned will address the situation. Bad day for our great game. Sickening.
    Agree with this but one other thing I noticed was it all kicked off in the last minute with the way Akuola runs in leading with his shoulder - like he did against us when Smith got injured. Holbrook was right when he says the RFL needs to look at this.

Thick As Mince

A Warrington fan on twitter.

Don't look if squeamish

https://twitter.com/PaulJackson123/s...23592169283584

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I agree mate he’s no Saint but when the players realised the trouble in the stands I can understand his actions and frustration with the ref. Kenny Edwards and Greg Bird were a disgrace. Beckoning the Wire fans for a fight and making the situation even worse. Catalans have become a real scumbag of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

Don't look if squeamish

This is apparently an old photo tweeted from a fake account (according to Gav Wilson, who normally seems a sensible chap).

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Don't look if squeamish

Fake news.

Someone trying to make a bad situation look worse

Got A Season Ticket

Don't look if squeamish

I believe that this is fake

WARNING! PIE EATER!

The disciplinary on Tuesday could have a huge impact on the season. Wire lost Austin to injury and face losing more players before facing yourselves in the league, then playing us, then playing in the CC final. We may have an outside chance of pipping them for 2nd now as I expect Hull to be hit and miss in their last few matches.

Meanwhile Les Cats face losing players for their upcoming match against Leeds next week which will have a big impact on the bottom of the table, unless they get really long bans that sees players suspended for their following two matches against London and HKR.