Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Dire Fact

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Dire Fact

The Dire are closer to the bottom than they are to the top!

Not quite, they are 14 points from the top and bottom.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Wow that's an amazing stat

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Got A Season Ticket

Epic!

They are technically mid table whilst being second

Dire were amazing tonight according to Sky.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

They were dogs shit, but Ratchford did everything he could for them. Without him the we’re beyond pedestrian.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Totally inept the lot of them , Clarke unusually facing upto the truth , Saints "especially with the new young breed" are streets above the rest .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Totally inept the lot of them , Clarke unusually facing upto the truth , Saints "especially with the new young breed" are streets above the rest .
    Good to see Clarke stick up for us to be honest because O'Connor had a mare. I have no idea what he was going on about, apparently our forwards were steamrolled by Wire, Carney going on about their changes and ignoring us. Plus they have replaced Angela Powers with someone worse somehow.

Sky are a shambles.

Warrington showed such great spirit tonight. Warrington can take huge encouragement from that. Warrington's forwards were towering, Warrington didn't shirk their responsibility and gave it to the opposition. If Warrington keep doing that it's not long before they're dominating games like this tonight. The youngsters for Warrington absolutely shone - yes the odd mistake, but they were so very brave, its such a shame luck wasn't on Warrington's side. Warrington's pressing as a team was phenomenal. Wasn't Warrington's attitude from 1 to 17 just simply inspiring? You know, Warrington reminded me of a great Warrington side tonight, they entertained the Warrington fans from the first Warrington whistle to the last Warrington whistle. Warrington, Warrington and Warrington tonight.

Anyway that's my neutral analysis of the game - can I have a job in the Sky commentary box now?

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Let us not forget that Warrington threw a kid into the halves tonight, yes he made mistakes, but will they bring him in again this season? It just concerns me a little when teams throw youth players into the first team and not really have a plan after the game for them. John Duffy similarly had a deep end debut if I recall correctly for Warrington and never went back to the youth set up, but then didn't develop as his potential promised. John McAtee for us likewise, along with countless other.

I'm not quite sure what to make of tonights game, youth development for both clubs looks promising, Warrington bring out grub tactics when the game has gone beyond their reach, Matty Smith plays the same game irrelevant of the shirt he's wearing, Tommy Makinson has the ability to fly and suckers on his fingers, Kyle Amor can at times think he's back playing at centre, standing square at the play of the ball is debatable depending on the colour of your shirt, Sky glossed over the Warrington transgressions from 6 days agoand tried their best to positive spin everything to the point that "spoon full of sugar" caused diabetes!!!

In The West Stand

I ran the numbers, there’s at least one plausible scenario where Warrington miss out on the play offs if their form continues (sadly it also would involve Leeds almost definitely not being relegated). It doesn’t even assume Warrington lose every game

It could finish

Saints
    Hull/Wigan/Salford/Catalans 34
    Warrington 32

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

You have to feel sorry for Warrington. They're so starved of success they celebrate a knock on like they won the league.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Check out this cracker of a quote from rubber duckie...

Our pack has been weak throughout this period...it was the same vs Saints.
    Our pack is shallow but when complete...we have the ability.
    6/8 or 7/9 means nothing when 7/10 wins us the CC!
    I'd rest the whole team against Wigan...finishing 2nd isn't a priority until after we win the CC!
    ....and I don't care if we finished the regular at 3 or 4...if we have the complete pack...we have the ability and we win the double.

It matters nothing to me where we play...if we have the best team, we win...regardless of venue or position.

I thought it was just on redvee that he/she posted crap.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    They were dogs shit, but Ratchford did everything he could for them. Without him the we’re beyond pedestrian.
    Ive said this for a few seasons. Ratchford is very dangerous. Without Hill, Ratchford, Clarke and Austin they would be mid table at very best.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket

Good to see Clarke stick up for us to be honest because O'Connor had a mare. I have no idea what he was going on about, apparently our forwards were steamrolled by Wire, Carney going on about their changes and ignoring us. Plus they have replaced Angela Powers with someone worse somehow.

Sky are a shambles.

I enjoyed the game but in the end turned the sound off when Clarke came out with , this is why they will have every chance of lifting a trophy they celebrate each other after a good tackle or a mistake like no other team

Starting A Programme Collection

How come dire get praise for playing an under strength team and we get vilified?C.O.Y.S.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Ive said this for a few seasons. Ratchford is very dangerous. Without Hill, Ratchford, Clarke and Austin they would be mid table at very best.
    Hill's garbage. He really is. Offers nothing going forward. Ratchford and Austin are head and shoulders above the rest. Considering their pack kept getting over us, for the first time ever, we still found away round them.

We have a great team and some exceptional players. Wire have Ratchford and Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Hill's garbage. He really is. Offers nothing going forward. Ratchford and Austin are head and shoulders above the rest. Considering their pack kept getting over us, for the first time ever, we still found away round them.

We have a great team and some exceptional players. Wire have Ratchford and Austin.
    Have to disagree with you there. Hill strikes me as an odious meff but is nonetheless a high-quality prop forward.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post

I'd rest the whole team against Wigan...finishing 2nd isn't a priority until after we win the CC!
    ....and I don't care if we finished the regular at 3 or 4...if we have the complete pack...we have the ability and we win the double.

It matters nothing to me where we play...if we have the best team, we win...regardless of venue or position.

I thought RD only came in here to wind people up, I didn't realise he really is deluded.

Banned

I though RD and Saddened were the same user - both have a deluded over estimation of Warrington.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

RD is deluded but it's hilarious reading some of their rubbish.

I suppose we'll see how good their pack is at Wembley won't we.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste