Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Millward on Graham

Learning All The Songs

Default Millward on Graham

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019...art--millward/

Good Vid to watch on talking about James Graham and his 400th game

Starting A Programme Collection

I remember the pie brigade spouting that he would not last six months in Australia.
    WTF do they know about rugby league anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I remember the pie brigade spouting that he would not last six months in Australia.
    To be fair, they haven't yet adopted the use of suncream in piescumland. Think it's some kind of witch's potion.

Learning All The Songs

When you consider the way he's played the game, the way he carried us at times and the minutes he plays as a prop, to hit 400 games with such a long stint in the NRL is incredible really. There were plenty even on here who thought he would be done by his late 20s but his durability is ridiculous really. Will certainly be someone who is still talked about in another 20-30 years time

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    When you consider the way he's played the game, the way he carried us at times and the minutes he plays as a prop, to hit 400 games with such a long stint in the NRL is incredible really. There were plenty even on here who thought he would be done by his late 20s but his durability is ridiculous really. Will certainly be someone who is still talked about in another 20-30 years time
    Good summary of a one off. Well done James Graham.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He is right up there with the best props we have ever had for me.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

He’s redefined the role of a prop forward in the NRL over the past 8 years. Before he went to the NRL their props were nothing more than 15 minute spell battering rams. Now they play longer minutes and are coached to be able to pass at the line.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

I think JG in 25 years time will still be in a club of one..... The only person to lose 6 GFs in a row.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I think JG in 25 years time will still be in a club of one..... The only person to lose 6 GFs in a row.
    He still managed to win a GF gong on his first attempt, and has 3 CC winners medals plus a WCC, but it is a pity that - like Roby - he played much of his rugby at Saints during those prolonged 'transition' years, when their talent merited more silverware.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

That was a really nice watch. Good that Millward remembers his time fondly.

Got A Replica Shirt

WTF do they know about rugby league anyway.
    I don't remember any Wigan fans saying that.
    Graham is a class act. Hard as nails and skilful.
    If a Wigan fan knows nothing about RL and has the same opinion as you?.. That doesn't bode well for you.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I remember thinking his best was behind him when he was at saints, he took so much hammer, long minutes, tough minute, all the knocks, I just thought he would be beat up but he has just kept going! I'm still surprised he can still walk let alone play as well as he does

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I remember thinking his best was behind him when he was at saints, he took so much hammer, long minutes, tough minute, all the knocks, I just thought he would be beat up but he has just kept going! I'm still surprised he can still walk let alone play as well as he does
    I thought he was still at the top when he left us, but I am surprised at how long he has maintained that standard in the NRL. He has to be up there with the "all time" most successful imports into Aus.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

I know hindsight is a wonderful gift with 20/20 vision but I had no doubts he would tear it up in Oz. Up there with Morley as one of the best to ply their trade in the greatest open prison there is.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    I know hindsight is a wonderful gift with 20/20 vision but I had no doubts he would tear it up in Oz. Up there with Morley as one of the best to ply their trade in the greatest open prison there is.
    Morley? Think Cliff Watson, Kevin Ward and Mal Reilly would be way ahead of him.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I thought he was still at the top when he left us, but I am surprised at how long he has maintained that standard in the NRL. He has to be up there with the "all time" most successful imports into Aus.
    Yeh I could have worded it better, I do think he wasn't exclllent when he left us, still brilliant, just that he had past the point of being on the way up and was entering the way down. I felt that every game was taking so much out of him that he couldn't keep it up

I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by The booze hound View Post
    I don't remember any Wigan fans saying that.
    Graham is a class act. Hard as nails and skilful.
    If a Wigan fan knows nothing about RL and has the same opinion as you?.. That doesn't bode well for you.
    Don't you concern yourself regarding my bodeing, there is no chance of me agreeing with a pea wet as I said previously WTF do the umble eaters know about rugby league.

Got A Replica Shirt

Don't you concern yourself regarding my bodeing, there is no chance of me agreeing with a pea wet as I said previously WTF do the umble eaters know about rugby league.
    Hahaha. It's like the old saying, "don't argue with an idiot coz they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." So with that in mind I won't be entering into an argument with you.
    Back on topic, James Graham is a class act though. He was when he played for Saints and he definitely is now.

Quote Originally Posted by The booze hound View Post
    Hahaha. It's like the old saying, "don't argue with an idiot coz they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." So with that in mind I won't be entering into an argument with you.
    Back on topic, James Graham is a class act though. He was when he played for Saints and he definitely is now.
    Congratulations on your riposte but I will not enter into a battle of wits with you as I would derive little satisfaction defeating an unarmed man.

Got A Replica Shirt

Congratulations on your riposte but I will not enter into a battle of wits with you as I would derive little satisfaction defeating an unarmed man.
    Too late pal, that ship has sailed. Just out of curiosity though, who ties your shoelaces?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitoh View Post
    Morley? Think Cliff Watson, Kevin Ward and Mal Reilly would be way ahead of him.
    I would have Jammer above them, he's still operating at a top level and is heading towards 200 NRL games which is outstanding only Sam Burgess in my opinion better than him over the years in OZ.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I’d want him in my team every day of the week, phenomenal player. He’s running in to some proper defences over there as well so to play as many games as he has is a credit to him. You obviously get some incredible athletes in the NRL but his work ethic and his rugby brain set him apart from the majority of players I’ve seen. One of the toughest I’ve seen but arguably the most skilful as well.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitoh View Post
    Watson was one of my all time favourites. Ward and Reilly both very good players, but Watson is the only one of those three I would mention in the same breath as Jammer.
    When Reilly was playing at Manly I lived in Sydney and watched NRL every week, at that time Brian Lockwood was rated as better by many of the Aussies.