Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad for Wire match

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Apparently, the Wire pack got on top of our forwards. So says Tithead O'Connor.
    Doing his best to talk up a moral win for Wire. Even said at the end that they had struck a psychological blow, severe lack of conviction on his face though. We had half a dozen or so missing they had 9, we beat them slightly more comfortably than we normally would perhaps, nothing gained on the Wire side, nothing to see here

I reckon they’ll get hammered at the pie dome next week as well.

Learning All The Songs

Apparently, the Wire pack got on top of our forwards. So says Tithead O'Connor.
    Obviously not watching the game at the Haliwell Jones. But that was obvious since only wire had players missing and had to play teenagers. Oh and which teenager won MOM.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Outstanding effort by Saints tonight. The young lads held their own.

Anyone else get the feeling Wire are flogging Hill? Almost 80 mins tonight and against Catalans. Plus if Clarke is to be believed, averaging over 50mins per game this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Jesus to hear Sky go on you’d think the entire Wire team was unavailable. No mention of us missing Coote, Percival, Fages, Walmsley, Roby and Knowles.
    We had 6 of our first choice 13 out.

They had 8 of their first choice 17 out.

Utter crap by the retards at Sky, and the BBC website is no better as it lists the Wire players missing but makes no mention of our 6.

Utter crap by the retards at Sky, and the BBC website is no better as it lists the Wire players missing but makes no mention of our 6.
    It’s been the same all season

Had anyone mentioned Richardson’s goal kicking? Absolutely superb.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

None of any of the reports matter as long as we are in front final whistle at Wembley. Then they will all be in our pockets. Wherever the best story lies, that’s where you will find them.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Good point re Richardson's kicking. Brilliant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Banned

Clarke did say that what's most impressive about our dominance this season is the fact that we've brought through so many youngsters.

The ability - and match preparedness - of our youngsters has enabled us to rotate senior players to keep them fresh (and recover from niggles) whilst still running away with the league.

We are in a great place. Just need to keep our heads, play to our ability, and we'll sweep the board.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Ah, but we only made 50% more metres than Warrington so clearly their pack was on top!
    That is more or less exactly what I shouted at the telly when the soft potato-head said that.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

To be honest I felt we could and should have won by more tonight, a few rotten kicks and some soft defence on the edges kept them in the game really. Didn’t really think they troubled us at all.

Suppose one slight area of concern is that they got us twice again tonight by giving it to Ratchford out the back and the wingers flying in. Even then though, when we’ve got our full side out I think we’ll defend that a lot better.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    To be honest I felt we could and should have won by more tonight, a few rotten kicks and some soft defence on the edges kept them in the game really. Didn’t really think they troubled us at all.

Suppose one slight area of concern is that they got us twice again tonight by giving it to Ratchford out the back and the wingers flying in. Even then though, when we’ve got our full side out I think we’ll defend that a lot better.
    Two areas for concern tonight. Ratchford is dangerous and Niquama’s defense.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Clarke did say that what's most impressive about our dominance this season is the fact that we've brought through so many youngsters.

The ability - and match preparedness - of our youngsters has enabled us to rotate senior players to keep them fresh (and recover from niggles) whilst still running away with the league.

We are in a great place. Just need to keep our heads, play to our ability, and we'll sweep the board.
    It was our youngsters who provide all the Comedy Gold moments.

1. Hill and Currie tried to smash Richardson and both came off worse.

2. Smith good hard tackle on Hill to make him lose the ball and went after Smith who just laughed at him.

3. This for me was the best Ben Murdock Masila breaks down the edge and Welsby attaches himself onto BMM's upper frame, then he realised he was too tired to get up off the floor to play the ball.

4 Bentley on Westwood after receiving Benny forearm he gets revenge with a hard tackle on the old Benny Westwood who loses the ball, Bentley pats him on the head as though he's an old dog.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It was our youngsters who provide all the Comedy Gold moments.

1. Hill and Currie tried to smash Richardson and both came off worse.

2. Smith good hard tackle on Hill to make him lose the ball and went after Smith who just laughed at him.

3. This for me was the best Ben Murdock Masila breaks down the edge and Welsby attaches himself onto BMM's upper frame, then he realised he was too tired to get up off the floor to play the ball.

4 Bentley on Westwood after receiving Benny forearm he gets revenge with a hard tackle on the old Benny Westwood who loses the ball, Bentley pats him on the head as though he's an old dog.
    As for our younger players;
    Thought Bentley was really good tonight, Lees needs to keep his head and bulk up a bit in the off season. Great effort by Welsby and solid again by Costello and Ashworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Haggerty View Post
    I’m a bit concerned now. We’re missing Walmsley, Roby, Coote, Fages and Percival from the first choice team. I’m all in favour of rotation, but I’m starting to worry this isn’t rotation but long-term injury. This isn’t London. We should have played enough power to win. We’re looking like a loss at half-time, and that gives Wire a big psychological advantage going in to Wembley and the play-offs.
    Holbrook said at the end of the game they will all be fit for Wembley.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    Funny seeing Hill screaming at a saints player towards the end after he got banjo'd
    Also, when Hill got sub'd part way through after a glaring misdemeanour, he came off, looked up at Price in the gantry and mouthed off at him. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I couldnt see from where i was stood behind the sticks,,, but apparently sky said some saints fans had Catalans flags?
    I saw one on tv

I couldnt see from where i was stood behind the sticks,,, but apparently sky said some saints fans had Catalans flags?
    Pmsl

Top banter!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Hi
    So my fellow saints how many marks out of ten for that performance? Id say a good 7
    6 for me. Distinctly average but that’s all we needed to beat Wire
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Almost too easy tonight. Just another example of why we are so far clear, our squad is head and shoulders above everyone else’s. I’m sure both teams will be much changed come Wembley so not really reading too much into this win but to have the same gap between 2nd and bottom as between 2nd and 1st at this stage of the season is ridiculous.

For all Sky’s bleating about Wire’s youngsters tonight I thought Phil Clarke gave a great assessment towards the end of the match about the amount of game time our youngsters have had this season. Welsby, Smith, Bentley, Costello and Ashworth have all had significant game time this year whilst Lees and Knowles have made themselves nailed on first 17 players.

Though it’s not ideal losing our head coach and the man responsible for this remarkable turnaround, the future of our club is so bright. If our new coach can maintain current standards whilst continuing to improve the young talent Holbrook has blooded we could dominate super league for years to come.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

I think because of the squad rotation this season, our ‘youngsters’ getting so much game time and being so good, they’re not really viewed as 2nd choice anymore.....

Learning All The Songs

Very easy win without playing particularly well. Out of the young and fringe players Welsby and Bentley were the pick. Thought Richardson and Lees were quite poor and Naiqama’s defence is a concern, he has a tendency to charge out the line and it’s something that could be punished in the bigger games.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Very easy win without playing particularly well. Out of the young and fringe players Welsby and Bentley were the pick. Thought Richardson and Lees were quite poor and Naiqama’s defence is a concern, he has a tendency to charge out the line and it’s something that could be punished in the bigger games.
    I disagree about Lees. He might not have been perfect tonight but he's in the face of the opposition all the time and winds them up. Him and Bentley did a great job of taking Hill and the Neanderthal Westwood off their game

Last edited by Buddy; 9th August 2019 at 02:41.

Default 19 man squad for Wire match

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Naiqama’s defense is more than a concern, it’s absolutely shocking. It was that bad he looked like he was ••••••ed.