Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: League Leaders Shield

  1. #1
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    14

    Default League Leaders Shield

    I make it it's officially ours after Warrington get stuffed in Catalan

    HUB CAP CHAMPIONS

  2. #2
    Starting A Programme Collection The frenchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Crank caverns
    Posts
    927
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I make it it's officially ours after Warrington get stuffed in Catalan

    HUB CAP CHAMPIONS
    So does the club

    https://youtu.be/L2GWNouwz5U

  3. #3
    Got A Season Ticket scrogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Awesome!!

    One down, 2 to play for!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Love it should give it to us next week at Wire and celebrate well in front of there fans

  5. #5
    Starting A Programme Collection The frenchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Crank caverns
    Posts
    927
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I'd rather us not take the to be honest. Hub cap is nice but means nothing if we get beat a few weeks later. Just be good winners, celebrate if we win the real pots. Not saying don't applaud it just don't get ahead of ourselves. The game has a funny way of twisting and turning. I wouldn't be worried if I was a wire fan just yet, after this weekend things don't look great with them on an injury/form front but things can change quickly in sport.

  6. #6
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,995
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Love it should give it to us next week at Wire and celebrate well in front of there fans
    Against Cas at home according to Saints.

  7. #7
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Love it should give it to us next week at Wire and celebrate well in front of there fans
    Think we'll be proud and celebrating anyway given our efforts over the season so far - but will also be more focussed than ever about what's ahead given last season. Not sure what kind of team we'll put out either given the LLS is now wrapped up and will have one eye on protecting players for the repeat match against wire at wembley.

  8. #8
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Against Cas at home according to Saints.
    Best place to do it I would say... hopefully with two trophies on show!

  9. #9
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,634
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I make it it's officially ours after Warrington get stuffed in Catalan

    HUB CAP CHAMPIONS
    Can we not call it a hubcap.

    The league generates more cash for the club than any one off final.

    Long term being a table topping team is hugely beneficial.

    Its a trophy and we should be glad we are winning more than others.

  10. #10
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Can we not call it a hubcap.

    The league generates more cash for the club than any one off final.

    Long term being a table topping team is hugely beneficial.

    Its a trophy and we should be glad we are winning more than others.
    With you on this... there has to be a way of generating more status for this achievement. Maybe a higher split of the money on offer across competitions - though tbh i'm not sure what the current prizemoney is for the 3 cups?

  11. #11
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,489
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Can we not call it a hubcap.

    The league generates more cash for the club than any one off final.

    Long term being a table topping team is hugely beneficial.

    Its a trophy and we should be glad we are winning more than others.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

  12. #12
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    If you ever needed an indication of the esteem this trophy is held in, the Sky coverage of today's game should do the trick. Not a single mention of the fact that one of the season's three trophies was at stake.

  13. #13
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,161
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    If you ever needed an indication of the esteem this trophy is held in, the Sky coverage of today's game should do the trick. Not a single mention of the fact that one of the three trophies was at stake.
    Dont really give a damn what about Skys indoctrination, back to back League winners it is, fantastic achievement, now onto the other two

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Love it should give it to us next week at Wire and celebrate well in front of there fans
    I thought that...……………..then I thought we might have a full scale riot on our hands after today, so maybe not!

  15. #15
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Can we not call it a hubcap.

    The league generates more cash for the club than any one off final.

    Long term being a table topping team is hugely beneficial.

    Its a trophy and we should be glad we are winning more than others.
    100% spot on. It takes a hell of a lot to win it, why not cherish it! No one else managed it, so let's not denigrate a wonderful achievement. Well done lads!

  16. #16
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Don’t really give a damn what about Sky’s indoctrination, back to back League winners it is, fantastic achievement, now onto the other two
    Don't get me wrong - I don't crave Sky's approval, but it was just another indication of how slipshod their coverage has become. I strongly suspect that neither Clarke nor Proe were actually aware of the fact that the shield was on the line.

  17. #17
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Haydock
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    If you ever needed an indication of the esteem this trophy is held in, the Sky coverage of today's game should do the trick. Not a single mention of the fact that one of the season's three trophies was at stake.
    I was waiting for Sky to announce that Saints were league leaders shield winners but nothing.

  18. #18
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    4,016
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    This means that we get a rest week. How the club manages these end of season games will be intriguing.

  19. #19
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The LLS needs changing to a proper trophy, and renaming to the “League Winners Cup” because we have won the league, not League LEADERS shield....
    Posted by paulscnthorpe
    Thompson made more metres than Isa, clubb, Byrne, partington, o loughlin, Powell and flower combined

    Posted by SaintJon
    And he only played 50 minutes...

  20. #20
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    The LLS needs changing to a proper trophy, and renaming to the “League Winners Cup” because we have won the league, not League LEADERS shield....
    Spot on mate. Should also get you directly to the GF, you've earned it. Why should you have to play teams who've only managed half the points you have during the season? Time to take finishing top of the pile seriously.

  21. #21
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    With you on this... there has to be a way of generating more status for this achievement. Maybe a higher split of the money on offer across competitions - though tbh i'm not sure what the current prizemoney is for the 3 cups?
    Get rid of the GF

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Starting A Programme Collection The frenchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Crank caverns
    Posts
    927
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Against Cas at home according to Saints.
    Great choice. Not really bothered if it doesn't get a mention till then either. Focus on the next target

  23. #23
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Get rid of the GF

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    This. Gimmicky Australian shite that has nothing to do with our game. 14 team SL playing each other once home and away. No stupid magic weekend. All teams start the cup from the first round proper. If they want to keep the charity shirts for 1 weeks then fair enough.

  24. #24
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    This. Gimmicky Australian shite that has nothing to do with our game. 14 team SL playing each other once home and away. No stupid magic weekend. All teams start the cup from the first round proper. If they want to keep the charity shirts for 1 weeks then fair enough.
    And put the CC final back to the last game of the season.

    In reality it isn't going to happen but its the only way you will get the credibility back for both.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    And put the CC final back to the last game of the season.

    In reality it isn't going to happen but its the only way you will get the credibility back for both.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yes, I meant to add that. It won't happen while Sky are involved that's for certain and we're a long way off that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •