Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I'm going to go against most on here and say I think those are about right except maybe a couple more 1 game bans for hill and Edwards for the punching and knees. I didn't think the scrap was bad, just a bit of handbags and rolling round on the floor, that tomkins punch was a bad one, 3 games is top end for me on that though. It's not the players fault what happened in the stands. We see stuff like this on the field all the time and we don't behave like that in the stands.

I think points deduction if we want to send a message to the fans with lifetime bans handed out to those involved.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 5th August 2019 at 22:13.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Once again the RFL have bottled it. As we all suspected no big bans for Wire before the CC final while apparently in a 26 man brawl only Catalan players committed any offences when both sets of players were giving as good as they got. To add insult to injury Les Cats will be 5 players down against the RFLs bessie mates team next weekend. What bribe did Hetherington use to get that decision - certainly wasn't a go on his missus!

Cant wait for the result of the inquiry about the crowd trouble - the Catalans fans antagonised the Wire fans due to stinking of garlic!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Once again the RFL have bottled it. As we all suspected no big bans for Wire before the CC final while apparently in a 26 man brawl only Catalan players committed any offences when both sets of players were giving as good as they got. To add insult to injury Les Cats will be 5 players down against the RFLs bessie mates team next weekend. What bribe did Hetherington use to get that decision - certainly wasn't a go on his missus!

Cant wait for the result of the inquiry about the crowd trouble - the Catalans fans antagonised the Wire fans due to stinking of garlic!
    I,m not completely sure but isn't Paul Cullen still on the match review panel with influence.

Banned

Can't argue with any of that.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Never ascribe to malice that which can easily be explained by incompetence.

The issue is having ex-players on the disciplinary panel. They will alway tend not to want to ban players for a final. was the Panel Paul Cullen, Mark Foster and Lee Penny

As for Tom Lineham 1 match, I suppose they took his exemplary record into account with that.

All this a LMS gets sin binned for not looking at the ref when being spoken to, I suppose if he had come out with the beef he would have been OK.

The RfL disciplinary has always been a joke
    Adrian Morley is = fact told me face to face.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

What are the odds we will get a player or two banned in the next fortnight ¿

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    What are the odds we will get a player or two banned in the next fortnight ¿
    Probably for looking at the ref in the wrong way, after the RFL clamp down on players disrespecting the officials.

Similar thing have happened before, Boddy Goulding 7 matches after the clamp down on high tackles, after which it was open season on the head.

Got A Season Ticket

Catalan 5 Players suspended, and oh they play Leeds this week, and only one Wire player, did the review panel watch the same game as many of us did? two Wire players in quick succession did high tackles twice! and Hill was sent off for one! No one is telling me that only one player at Warrington did anything wrong in that game. This is making our game look a joke!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Catalan 5 Players suspended, and oh they play Leeds this week, and only one Wire player, did the review panel watch the same game as many of us did? two Wire players in quick succession did high tackles twice! and Hill was sent off for one! No one is telling me that only one player at Warrington did anything wrong in that game. This is making our game look a joke!
    I think Patton got pinged for 4 high tackles, Cooper and Philbin along with Hill one each.

In The South Stand

Yup, can't fault this.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    I'm going to go against most on here and say I think those are about right except maybe a couple more 1 game bans for hill and Edwards for the punching and knees. I didn't think the scrap was bad, just a bit of handbags and rolling round on the floor, that tomkins punch was a bad one, 3 games is top end for me on that though. It's not the players fault what happened in the stands. We see stuff like this on the field all the time and we don't behave like that in the stands.

I think points deduction if we want to send a message to the fans with lifetime bans handed out to those involved.
    Not sure that I agree that "We see stuff like this on the field all the time", it was a pretty big brawl and on more than one occasion. Nevertheless, I agree with banning orders and point deductions, hit them where it hurts, league positions, not for next season either, enforce it NOW!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    The Edwards incident is still being looked at, it's been referred

Agree with many other comments, the sanctions are well below what I hoped for

One problem with seeking consistency is we end up with pre set sanctions/bands for certain misdemeanours, this then restricts the power to enforce a greater sanction or ban as you have to follow guidelines

But there should be a way of enforcing a stronger ban and therefore message

Back the refs on the pitch
    I think one of the problems with getting any consistency from the disciplinary (unless it has changed this year), is not being allowed to cite previous offences of a similar nature

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Both sets of players were out of control and that is the clubs responsibility. FULLSTOP.There is plenty of evidence that the players were ignoring the referee and that is the end of the game for me. But between the RFL and Superleague nothing will happen.
    Learned comment from The Don

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Both sets of players were out of control and that is the clubs responsibility. FULLSTOP.There is plenty of evidence that the players were ignoring the referee and that is the end of the game for me. But between the RFL and Superleague nothing will happen.
    It's a good point, of players can ignore the ref and actually blame them for their own poor behaviour whilst ignoring the refs advice then it's the players rules no and running the game

Empower the ref and that means getting behind them

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

How come 5 Cats players get a ban but only 1 from Warrington?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    How come 5 Cats players get a ban but only 1 from Warrington?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    God knows and Hill got a NO game ban for punching !!!!!!
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Not sure that I agree that "We see stuff like this on the field all the time", it was a pretty big brawl and on more than one occasion. Nevertheless, I agree with banning orders and point deductions, hit them where it hurts, league positions, not for next season either, enforce it NOW!
    Think some of you have got your saints specs on myself. Looking for players to be banned especially when they play us next. There was only 1 real punch that connected and he got a 3 game ban for it. If that's your idea of a brawl you've lived a sheltered life. Seen bigger fights over the shops on G day

Banned

Hill starts the whole sh*t-fest off in the first half when he goes high on Simon. Simon gives the standard aggrieved niggle on the floor, whist Hill rubs his head, then his forearm, hard into the face of Simon. Paddy Whack tries to break it up, and then it all goes off.

For Wire fans to whinge about dirty/grub tactics from Catalans is an absolute laugh.

Banned

God knows and Hill got a NO game ban for punching !!!!!!

I can only conclude it's because Hill punches like a pansy.

Got A Season Ticket

It was all started by hill in the first half he should have been sent off then instead of sin binning ,why McCollum got sin binned at the same time is a mystery to me ,I would not like saints to win the final playing half a team but Warrington should have more players up for disciplinary than they have ,this would not have happened in the days of sergeant major eric clay both teams would have walked

In The South Stand

Think some of you have got your saints specs on myself. Looking for players to be banned especially when they play us next. There was only 1 real punch that connected and he got a 3 game ban for it. If that's your idea of a brawl you've lived a sheltered life. Seen bigger fights over the shops on G day

Couple of points pal. Firstly, please don't make assumptions that because people object to outright thuggery on a sports pitch they have "lived a sheltered life". I haven't lived a sheltered life and if you knew me you would chose your phraseology more carefully. I suppose in the age of the keyboard warrior this is acceptable. Ah, those who chew nails and spit out battleships, bless 'em, how tough they are. I love the fact that you've seen bigger fights over the shops, must make you live in a tough area, one mean hombre, hey, gee what a guy. Any chance you could sort out Syria on your own? Secondly, I've just watched the Super League Show and Hill can clearly be seen punching a prone player, which isn't the punching incident you cite, which is the Tompkins incident. Finally (I know I said a couple of points and this is a third, but hey, you're tough, you'll forgive me, you've probably just fought your way back form the shops,), I'm not bothered who turns out against Saints (although having seen the Warrington 19, one wonders if the club itself is taking the incident more seriously as half the first team appear to be missing), I want player to be banned for being thugs and for it to impact their season, not because they pose a threat to us (they don't). Okay, so there you go, I'll run back to hide behind the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Couple of points pal. Firstly, please don't make assumptions that because people object to outright thuggery on a sports pitch they have "lived a sheltered life". I haven't lived a sheltered life and if you knew me you would chose your phraseology more carefully. I suppose in the age of the keyboard warrior this is acceptable. Ah, those who chew nails and spit out battleships, bless 'em, how tough they are. I love the fact that you've seen bigger fights over the shops, must make you live in a tough area, one mean hombre, hey, gee what a guy. Any chance you could sort out Syria on your own? Secondly, I've just watched the Super League Show and Hill can clearly be seen punching a prone player, which isn't the punching incident you cite, which is the Tompkins incident. Finally (I know I said a couple of points and this is a third, but hey, you're tough, you'll forgive me, you've probably just fought your way back form the shops,), I'm not bothered who turns out against Saints (although having seen the Warrington 19, one wonders if the club itself is taking the incident more seriously as half the first team appear to be missing), I want player to be banned for being thugs and for it to impact their season, not because they pose a threat to us (they don't). Okay, so there you go, I'll run back to hide behind the sofa.
    Jesus someone's gone off the deep end. I'll be in Syria if anyone needs me....
    Last edited by The frenchman; 6th August 2019 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Paul Cullen is the Chair of the Disciplinary committee
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

5 or 10 years ago some the hits and tackles would have been the norm.
    Unfortunately in the more sanitised version of Rugby League these days the ref could have handed out half a dozen red cards.

Personally I'm glad they've not picked up bans, I want us to beat their full team at Wembley.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    the frenchman;769186]jesus someone's gone off the deep end. I'll be in syria if anyone needs me[/b]....
    pmsl