Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    That Catalans guy in black t-shirt and glasses. He's trying to calm the orcs-in-blue-and-yellow down and one grabs him by the throat. The Catalans guy sparks him with a jab.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    That Catalans guy in black t-shirt and glasses. He's trying to calm the orcs-in-blue-and-yellow down and one grabs him by the throat. The Catalans guy sparks him with a jab.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages
    Does anyone know what actually sparked it all off? I've no idea but pure guesswork would suggest events on the pitch

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Does anyone know what actually sparked it all off? I've no idea but pure guesswork would suggest events on the pitch
    The Wire fans say it was caused by Catalans fans throwing bottles and chairs down onto them.

But the question must be asked: why, when they're winning easily and they've never done the throwing stuff down onto opposition fans before, would they suddenly decide to do this out of the blue?
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The Wire fans say it was caused by Catalans fans throwing bottles and chairs down onto them.

But the question must be asked: why, when they're winning easily and they've never done the throwing stuff down onto opposition fans before, would they suddenly decide to do this out of the blue?
    I do feel sorry for the genuine fans caught up in it,, especially the women and children

This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    Doubt this would make a difference. Pubs close to the ground do a roaring trade for hours before the game. The ‘fans’ would have had every opportunity to get tanked up in advance. And the palaver involved in buying refreshments inside Gilbert Brutus makes it not worth the hassle IMO

Got A Season Ticket

One of the WarringtonRL fan site members is blaming James Child and although that is rubbish, I don't criticise referees generally but Childs does not seem to have the necessary empathy and rapport with players particularly in games which are likely heated meetings.Equally players don't seem to treat him with the respect he needs because of this.On another point there did appear to be a lack of stewards in the area where the trouble was taking place, apparently this is a known flash point and with the apparent record numbers of Warrington fans going, the baking heat, and obvious consumption of alcohol you would have thought there would have been a line of stewards between the lounge area in question and the Warrington so called fans. It might not have stopped the the awful scenes entirely but it might have lessened it. This in no way lessens the responsibility of Warrington to try and do something about their hooligan element, all clubs have problems with this, but it does appear that Warrington have always been the worst and have a much higher proportion of idiots

In The South Stand

The Warrington fans sound just like those poor, misunderstood English football fans:
    “They started it...”
    Too many pathetic justifications, even the Warrington Guardian tries to cover it up a little. One of the videos on there shows someone lashing a beer at one of the Catalans players. At least a few comments on there call these idiots for what they are.

Got A Season Ticket

I watched the game from start to Finnish ,the referee let the game get out of hand by the hooligans in blue all started by hill who should get a lengthy ban but won't,the so called fans should be banned from any future matches they should be easy recognised on camera I've never seen scenes like it at a rugby game to me caused by a referee who should have taken a stance in the first half and sent at least two off

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    I watched the game from start to Finnish ,the referee let the game get out of hand by the hooligans in blue all started by hill who should get a lengthy ban but won't,the so called fans should be banned from any future matches they should be easy recognised on camera I've never seen scenes like it at a rugby game to me caused by a referee who should have taken a stance in the first half and sent at least two off
    That’s ridiculous and totally unfair in my opinion. I, too, watched the whole game and Childs was on a hiding to nothing. He sin binned Hill and Macalorum in the first half, he could be repeatedly heard telling players to walk away and he penalised both teams on more than one occasion for questioning his decision. It was a red hot atmosphere played between two very physical, aggressive teams - neither of whose forwards wanted to take a backward step. As for the scenes at the end - if Child’s has finished the game early - some of the Warrington players would have gone into the crowd after the whistle and that could have caused yet more unpleasant scenes. He at least tried to stay calm - you could hear and sense that from his comments which could be clearly heard on TV.

Got A Season Ticket

Couple of posts on here sympathising with Chris Hill, I couldn’t disagree more. He is Warrington’s captain, yet conducts himself like a school ground bully. No respect for the referee, constantly gobbing off, and certainly no respect for the opposition players. The team and to some extent the fans probably follow his appalling example

Got A Season Ticket

Catalans have some of the grubiest players in the league Tompkins Bird Mcolorum Kenny Edwards I always think most of there games could end up out of control

Learning All The Songs

I'm still trying to work out what happened

Th game seems to be a typical escalation of aggression, hard to know who's fault if anyone's individually without watching everything back fully and the fighting numerous times in slow motion. My guess is it's several players escalating the problem

As for the crowd it's looks ridiculous, why we're wire fans climbing up into that area? Seen claims that chairs were thrown, I'd like to see footage before judging, but even if they did I'm not sure that's the solution

Hill did a few sneaky things throughout the game, and should get a ban, others for me weren't that bad, but the reaction due to escalation of aggression made them look worse, how high was the final tackle to spark I think all? Didn't look that bad to me but the players were waiting for the blue tooth paper to go off

Large bans and fines are required

Got A Replica Shirt

The whole incident has just been on the BBC main news. Thanks Warrington...

Learning All The Songs

Just watched again, chris hill was a disgrace, ref trying to do his job and he just made it harder

Kenny Edwards just wanted to fight anyone

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

A genuine question.

What would have happened if Child had abandoned that game like some of the Warrington players were trying to get him to do?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    That’s ridiculous and totally unfair in my opinion. I, too, watched the whole game and Childs was on a hiding to nothing. He sin binned Hill and Macalorum in the first half, he could be repeatedly heard telling players to walk away and he penalised both teams on more than one occasion for questioning his decision. It was a red hot atmosphere played between two very physical, aggressive teams - neither of whose forwards wanted to take a backward step. As for the scenes at the end - if Child’s has finished the game early - some of the Warrington players would have gone into the crowd after the whistle and that could have caused yet more unpleasant scenes. He at least tried to stay calm - you could hear and sense that from his comments which could be clearly heard on TV.
    Absolutely spot on Saint George.
    Chris Hill needs to look at himself in the mirror if he thinks that his actions are justified.
    He walks around the pitch like he's carrying rolled up rugs under both arms and like he's crapped in his pants.
    He constantly questions the officials in an intimidating manor and tries to bully the opponents.
    Wouldn't mind - but he's a decent player on his day.
    The RLF need to set an example and punish the fool - and the Warrington Club need to fine him and strip him of the captaincy.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    A genuine question.

What would have happened if Child had abandoned that game like some of the Warrington players were trying to get him to do?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure but guess it would look very bad on the sport, even worse than what we have

Wire should have just got on with it, all the running round trying to get players off the pitch made it worse, they only had to pump it out which they eventually did

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJose View Post
    Couple of posts on here sympathising with Chris Hill, I couldn’t disagree more. He is Warrington’s captain, yet conducts himself like a school ground bully. No respect for the referee, constantly gobbing off, and certainly no respect for the opposition players. The team and to some extent the fans probably follow his appalling example
    I am 100% with you on this he is a disgrace, I am a prop forward fan but the way he tries to throw his weight about pee's me off. Proper players especially the Captain get on with the game no histrionics if you get hit hard you hit back harder but fairly, his constant whining is disgraceful.

And I wish he'd get to a dental mechanic and get a gum shield that fits instead of rolling that one round his gob all the time.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Let's see the wonderful Wolves promotions department explain this one, will they be flying the plane again?

Got A Season Ticket

It must be in the Warrington genes. I started watching Saints home and away from about 1965 and Warrington was the place my mates and I liked going least of all because there was always bottles thrown and trouble outside the ground before and after the match. In those days only Hull had a worse reputation and I never went there.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I think the move from the boulevard, changed the Hull dynamics.

Been a couple of times in my saints shirt and had no issues.

Also the mutual affection for Steve Prescott, brings the fans together under a good cause.

Always felt safe at Wigan. The players maybe schooled in the skeritt mold, but once the game is done the fans have been fine.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Anyone remember Warrington fans at the semi finals in Bolton last year?

Proudly waving their Catalan flags.

Learning All The Songs

Refs fault
    No stewards
    Sell alcohol
    They started it

Have I missed any excuses out?

Starting A Programme Collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ65gDARi0

This Vid shows all players out of control, I see a few bans coming from this?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ65gDARi0

This Vid shows all players out of control, I see a few bans coming from this?
    Like I said, there won't be any bans that cause any Wire player to miss Wembley - least of all Hill, who seems to have the same immunity as Shirley Temple.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.