Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    A genuine question.

What would have happened if Child had abandoned that game like some of the Warrington players were trying to get him to do?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure but guess it would look very bad on the sport, even worse than what we have

Wire should have just got on with it, all the running round trying to get players off the pitch made it worse, they only had to pump it out which they eventually did

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJose View Post
    Couple of posts on here sympathising with Chris Hill, I couldn’t disagree more. He is Warrington’s captain, yet conducts himself like a school ground bully. No respect for the referee, constantly gobbing off, and certainly no respect for the opposition players. The team and to some extent the fans probably follow his appalling example
    I am 100% with you on this he is a disgrace, I am a prop forward fan but the way he tries to throw his weight about pee's me off. Proper players especially the Captain get on with the game no histrionics if you get hit hard you hit back harder but fairly, his constant whining is disgraceful.

And I wish he'd get to a dental mechanic and get a gum shield that fits instead of rolling that one round his gob all the time.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Let's see the wonderful Wolves promotions department explain this one, will they be flying the plane again?

Got A Season Ticket

It must be in the Warrington genes. I started watching Saints home and away from about 1965 and Warrington was the place my mates and I liked going least of all because there was always bottles thrown and trouble outside the ground before and after the match. In those days only Hull had a worse reputation and I never went there.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I think the move from the boulevard, changed the Hull dynamics.

Been a couple of times in my saints shirt and had no issues.

Also the mutual affection for Steve Prescott, brings the fans together under a good cause.

Always felt safe at Wigan. The players maybe schooled in the skeritt mold, but once the game is done the fans have been fine.

Anyone remember Warrington fans at the semi finals in Bolton last year?

Proudly waving their Catalan flags.

Upside
    Non Members

Refs fault
    No stewards
    Sell alcohol
    They started it

Have I missed any excuses out?

Learning All The Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ65gDARi0

This Vid shows all players out of control, I see a few bans coming from this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ65gDARi0

This Vid shows all players out of control, I see a few bans coming from this?
    Like I said, there won't be any bans that cause any Wire player to miss Wembley - least of all Hill, who seems to have the same immunity as Shirley Temple.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Like I said, there won't be any bans that cause any Wire player to miss Wembley - least of all Hill, who seems to have the same immunity as Shirley Temple.
    Agreed 2 match bans at most then fit for Wembley

Irrespective of whether any Wire players miss Wembley because of a ban, I think the major impact of yesterday’s game would be if Austin fails to overcome his injury.

Got A Season Ticket

Note Child does not seem to get as many TV games, he sent Hill to the sin bin for a high tackle, then two Warrington players were warned Twice about high tackles and no action. I don't find anything funny what went on the stand, its a long time since anything like that has been seen in our sport, and we don't need it, those who look at the match in detail when it comes to decisions on what action to take, have to take as long as it needs to get this right, a sad day for the game which the national players have loved today.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    This was in the 80s!

And yeah, we started legging it - but a number of Saints fans gave the 'wtf do you think you're playing at?' to the bunch of Wire fans, who sort of slunk back.
    They were known for it in the early to middle eighties, grown men picking on 15 and 16 year olds,a few of us had to give it toes down the side of the bank pub when we met their lot coming in from the train on a Wednesday evening game, we were not even going to the game. Large gang of men in their 40`s trying to give chase, pathetic for middle aged men. Saying that Rylands was always a tough away match to play in them days.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Note Child does not seem to get as many TV games, he sent Hill to the sin bin for a high tackle, then two Warrington players were warned Twice about high tackles and no action. I don't find anything funny what went on the stand, its a long time since anything like that has been seen in our sport, and we don't need it, those who look at the match in detail when it comes to decisions on what action to take, have to take as long as it needs to get this right, a sad day for the game which the national players have loved today.
    Child's called Hill over at one point and told him it was the 5th penalty for a high tackle the next two penalties against warrington were for the same, but no team warning.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

The full match for those who are interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJZ8YziGBI

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Strange that the referee is getting the blame. Because of the production you could clearly hear the referee talking to the players all through the game, it's hardly his fault that they took no notice is it?

He sent two players to the sin bin early on, which should have been a warning to the players to calm down. McIlorum can feel very hard done by in that instance, he was merely trying to pull Hill away from the Catalan player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Strange that the referee is getting the blame. Because of the production you could clearly hear the referee talking to the players all through the game, it's hardly his fault that they took no notice is it?

He sent two players to the sin bin early on, which should have been a warning to the players to calm down. McIlorum can feel very hard done by in that instance, he was merely trying to pull Hill away from the Catalan player.
    Absolutely Rogues. Glad to see a reasoned post on the matter.

Michael McIlorum is an angel

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    I teetotaly agree . joking aside . You are correct .

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Having looked at the footage several times Mamo was lucky to get away with a yellow at the end and may end up with more severe punishment. Sam having a go back at him will definitely pick up a ban for punching. The high tackle that sparked it seems to come off the ball carrying arm and up in to the face so I would say worth a yellow normally but probably a red and sending off sufficient in the context of this game.

Bird and Edwards may be in trouble for Cats and Hill, Currie, Davis and Lineham for Wire and possibly Goodwin.

Will be interesting to see what the RFL come up with.

As for the fans, all aggression seemed to be coming from the Wire fans trying to get at the Cats fans. Wire fans show their stupidity as it's a lot easier to fight off a bunch of knobheads when you're stood above them with a fence in between.

Agree about McIlorum and the sin binning but he deliberately pulled off Hill’s headgear soon after and got away with it.

Only wire fans desperate to deflect responsibility are blaming the ref.

First it was a chair being thrown.
    Then it was beer glasses being throw.
    Finally they settled on the ref as the cause (excuse) for absolving their fans of any accountability.

Watch for this next week when the ref misses a forward pass.

Got A Season Ticket

Just watched the match again. Two very dirty sides who play the game in an overly aggressive manner. It must be very difficult to referee a game like that when you have players that have no control, no respect and no discipline, and have a desire to intentionally rile and intimidate the opposition and match officials. I thought that James Child handled the end of the game very well. He was calm and refused to be bullied by the on-field thugs.

The high tackle at the end by McIlorum was a shocker. Deliberate stiff arm and direct contact to the head. Can see him getting 5 matches for that. Season over.

Chris Hill is a disgrace to the game of Rugby League. At the end, you could clearly hear him swearing repeatedly at the referee. He showed no respect at all. Constantly telling the referee what he should do. The RFL needs to come down very hard on him. I would be extremely surprised if he makes an appearance at Wembley.

Ratchford was trying to referee the game himself as well by saying to his players, "let's just clap the fans, and walk off". Erm, does he not know the rules?

Overall, it is just terrible for our game. Once again, a negative Rugby League incident occurs and the mainstream media like the BBC are all over it and rubbing their hands with glee. Well done to both sets of players, and the small number of moronic fans, who I hope, never get the chance to enter a Rugby League stadium ever again.

Got A Season Ticket

Childs was poor but had his work cut out. Hill is a cheap shot merchant who isn't worthy of being captain, rightly concerned for his family but going about it the wrong way. It's hard to tell from the footage but the only thing I could see being thrown was a yellow seat back towards the gantry. It was a bad tempered game but that shouldn't spill over to the terraces.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Having looked at the sin-binnings earlier in the game Hill clearly attacks Simon's head when he is on the ground after the initial high tackle. Maybe up before the judiciary for that one as well.

Grade c to f for verbally abusing a refs call.