Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 310

Thread: Cats Vs wire

  1. #26
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Haydock
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but Hill was among one of the many malcontents who started and then continued the violence on the pitch. He threw a punch on the ground at one stage on a prone Catalans player, he also argued with any decision made and was involved in every coming together on the pitch. Both teams were as bad as each other and I suggest that the disciplinary committee take a long hard look at the tapes from that game. To be fair to Childs, he couldn't control players who just ignored him. At one point Hill marched a touch judge backwards. There was zero respect for officials and this transmitted itself to the drunken mob, who subconsciously recognised the green light to go apesh*t on the terraces. This is what happens when our sport is not officiated correctly. There must be bans, fines and possibly points deductions for this, it's the only way the people and organizations concerned will address the situation. Bad day for our great game. Sickening.
    I agree mate hes no Saint but when the players realised the trouble in the stands I can understand his actions and frustration with the ref. Kenny Edwards and Greg Bird were a disgrace. Beckoning the Wire fans for a fight and making the situation even worse. Catalans have become a real scumbag of a club.

  2. #27
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,657
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    A Warrington fan on twitter.

    Don't look if squeamish

    https://twitter.com/PaulJackson123/s...23592169283584
    This is apparently an old photo tweeted from a fake account (according to Gav Wilson, who normally seems a sensible chap).

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    A Warrington fan on twitter.

    Don't look if squeamish

    https://twitter.com/PaulJackson123/s...23592169283584
    Fake news.

    Someone trying to make a bad situation look worse

  4. #29
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    A Warrington fan on twitter.

    Don't look if squeamish

    https://twitter.com/PaulJackson123/s...23592169283584
    I believe that this is fake

  5. #30
    WARNING! PIE EATER!
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    The disciplinary on Tuesday could have a huge impact on the season. Wire lost Austin to injury and face losing more players before facing yourselves in the league, then playing us, then playing in the CC final. We may have an outside chance of pipping them for 2nd now as I expect Hull to be hit and miss in their last few matches.

    Meanwhile Les Cats face losing players for their upcoming match against Leeds next week which will have a big impact on the bottom of the table, unless they get really long bans that sees players suspended for their following two matches against London and HKR.

  6. #31
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    Not the right answer for me. Why punish other clubs and fans who enjoy a pint or two whilst watching the game?

    Those scenes today were an absolute disgrace. The answer is simple. Firstly, the RFL must deal with the on field issues. I can see a couple of 2-3 match bans for players from both sides.

    Secondly, both clubs should be heavily fined for the off field incidents. I would have to see it again but I didn't see many stewards there. Use the camera's available to pick out the main instigators and culprits. Hand each and every one of them a total ban from entering a Rugby League Stadium ever again.

  7. #32
    Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Wonder how many suspensions will come from today? Not just from the stupidity at the end, but throughout the game.

    We might be able to field an U19 team on Thursday depending who they have out.
    Catalans's suspensions might be key to Leeds pulling their way from the bottom.

  8. #33
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    Not the right answer for me. Why punish other clubs and fans who enjoy a pint or two whilst watching the game?

    Those scenes today were an absolute disgrace. The answer is simple. Firstly, the RFL must deal with the on field issues. I can see a couple of 2-3 match bans for players from both sides.

    Secondly, both clubs should be heavily fined for the off field incidents. I would have to see it again but I didn't see many stewards there. Use the camera's available to pick out the main instigators and culprits. Hand each and every one of them a total ban from entering a Rugby League Stadium ever again.
    I stand corrected,, that sounds more feasible,, and thinking back,I've seen fans, including myself having 6 or 7 pints before a game and not causing one bit of trouble

  9. #34
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    The disciplinary on Tuesday could have a huge impact on the season. Wire lost Austin to injury and face losing more players before facing yourselves in the league, then playing us, then playing in the CC final. We may have an outside chance of pipping them for 2nd now as I expect Hull to be hit and miss in their last few matches.

    Meanwhile Les Cats face losing players for their upcoming match against Leeds next week which will have a big impact on the bottom of the table, unless they get really long bans that sees players suspended for their following two matches against London and HKR.
    Apart from Charnley and BMM they had a full strength side which surprised me - I would have thought they would have rested more players because of the impact of last weeks semi final and with big games coming up.

  10. #35
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,030
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Those scenes at the end were absolutely shocking and yet again there’s trouble involving Warrington fans. Never known there to be trouble with Catalans fans before tonight.

  11. #36
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St Helens , Lancashire.
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Those scenes at the end were absolutely shocking and yet again theres trouble involving Warrington fans. Never known there to be trouble with Catalans fans before tonight.
    It always seems to be brewing at Catalans.

  12. #37
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Wonder how many suspensions will come from today? Not just from the stupidity at the end, but throughout the game.

    We might be able to field an U19 team on Thursday depending who they have out.
    Catalans's suspensions might be key to Leeds pulling their way from the bottom.
    After watching our U19s last night, I reckon we could take 'em!

  13. #38
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Youd be tempted to say that the RFL will do absolutely nothing but then they fined Featherstone 10,000 this week for crowd trouble. This seems a lot worse. Unfortunately we got the double whammy of a mass ugly brawl amongst the players at the same time as a riot in the stands.

  14. #39
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Wonder how many suspensions will come from today? Not just from the stupidity at the end, but throughout the game.

    We might be able to field an U19 team on Thursday depending who they have out.
    Catalans's suspensions might be key to Leeds pulling their way from the bottom.
    I would play a full strength team on Thursday and go all out to thrash them to extend their agony and doubt for another week.

  15. #40
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I would play a full strength team on Thursday and go all out to thrash them to extend their agony and doubt for another week.
    This, but don't forget to bring your chair to fend off the wire fans.

  16. #41
    Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I would play a full strength team on Thursday and go all out to thrash them to extend their agony and doubt for another week.
    Not worth it, grub tactics will be out in all their thuggary!!

    If we win on Thursday, we will be 14 points clear, that's almost 50% of their points total ahead of them and the rest of the league - which is quite frankly silly. Although if we whoops 2 big games we come away from the season empty handed!!

  17. #42
    Learning All The Songs jonimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Stand 'D' Blocker
    Posts
    2,034
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Matches, including big games with a potential for crowd confrontation including Saints v Wigan are not policed anymore. No matter how good or well trained the stewards are, they have very limited powers which if abused could place them in jeopardy. This will become worse because the idiots causing problems know this.

  18. #43
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Matches, including big games with a potential for crowd confrontation including Saints v Wigan are not policed anymore. No matter how good or well trained the stewards are, they have very limited powers which if abused could place them in jeopardy. This will become worse because the idiots causing problems know this.
    Would anyone who is clearly drunk before a game being barred from entering the stadium help? Could do

  19. #44
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Not worth it, grub tactics will be out in all their thuggary!!

    If we win on Thursday, we will be 14 points clear, that's almost 50% of their points total ahead of them and the rest of the league - which is quite frankly silly. Although if we whoops 2 big games we come away from the season empty handed!!
    I don't think they can afford anymore thuggery just before the CC Final but if we can hit them hard they could implode and go into the Cup Final mentally and physically drained.

  20. #45
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Their worst offenders during the game itself were Hill, Philbin and Lineham from Warrington and Byrd and Edwards from Catalan.

  21. #46
    Noooobie The Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hill trying to referee the game throughout.
    Absolute bully - who played his part fighting on field which directly incited the crowd violence.
    If hill conducted himself like that on a public street he would get locked up....
    He needs at least a 4 match ban - and stripped of the captaincy for mine.
    Ratchford is more of a captain than that clown ��

  22. #47
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Missed the first half but watched the 2nd... What happened with Austin? Did it look bad or will he probably be fine for Wembley?

  23. #48
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Their worst offenders during the game itself were Hill, Philbin and Lineham from Warrington and Byrd and Edwards from Catalan.
    I'd have to add Tomkins and Patton to that list, probably more in all honesty. The culture at both clubs need looking at. Ctalans have skated on thin ice for years and the likes of McIlorum and Edwards are obvious examples of the exponents of the "Dark Arts". Likewise since the new regime at Warrington, there has been and escalation of thuggish brutality and organised bullying of refs, reminiscent of Wigan .

  24. #49
    In The South Stand 49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,548
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I would advise any other saints fans to have eyes in the back of our heads on Thursday
    Why? Never had a problem at Wire. Trying to invent possible trouble is in itself irresponsible.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

  25. #50
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Why? Never had a problem at Wire. Trying to invent possible trouble is in itself irresponsible.
    I think you'll find a group of wire fans were fighting at last years grand final,, and that's not inventing possible trouble, it's stating a fact

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •