Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    The only thing that this all proves is just what an utter farce and disgrace the RFL disciplinary is.
    I don't think it is just the disciplinary process that is a disgrace, it is the RFL in its entirety. What we saw on Saturday was the the worst I recall seeing in 55 years of watching the sport. Two teams completely out of control, and given the level of mayhem that ensued I don't believe any official in charge could have dealt with it - and I include Eric Clay, Mick Naughton and Billy Thompson in that statement. I am amazed, but I shouldn't be, that the RFL has done absolutely nothing in respect of sanctions or punishment against the two clubs involved. Total shambles and I don't think it will be too long before we see a repeat performance somewhere.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    James Child has refereed six championship games this season already, there's no statement saying he's been demoted he just been assigned the match.
    I get the impression they want to take pressure of him and out of the superleague spotlight this weekend. There was always the risk he might over compensate and get really tough on his decision making.

For me there should be an immediate directive to the clubs on the way they approach an official in the immediate future. It will be interesting to see how Thaler tackles Hill and his Henchmen on Thursday, for our players I dont think its much of a problem and we can include LMS in that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    James Child has refereed six championship games this season already, there's no statement saying he's been demoted he just been assigned the match.
    I haven't seen anything official, but according to Clarke on Sky Sports website he has been dropped. I usually think Clarke spouts a load of rubbish, but I think he has got this one right.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...rrington-brawl

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Cool

And the referee for tomorrow’s Warrington v Saints game is ........

CHRIS HILL
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    To be fair, that's been common knowledge for quite some time.

I've never gone in for all the conspiracy theories but something is really not right with this shambles. I've also never rated Childs and he's made plenty of mistakes in the past but the way he's been treated is quite honestly shocking. I wouldn't blame him for quitting but what I think would be more appropriate was if all referees made a stand and made all games this week kick off 15 mins late as a show of strength to the RFL.
    Agreed. Think it's disgraceful the way he's been treated & I'm not his biggest fan by any means

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I haven't seen anything official, but according to Clarke on Sky Sports website he has been dropped. I usually think Clarke spouts a load of rubbish, but I think he has got this one right.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...rrington-brawl
    He is right I agree. Typical cop out from the governing body as usual. They aren't fit for purpose

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Agreed. Think it's disgraceful the way he's been treated & I'm not his biggest fan by any means
    It really is a farce,the rfl needed to come out and back him and demand the players show more respect for the ref. We all have a moan at the ref from time to time and the be honest they are on a hiding to nothing.Every game the could blow far more penalties than they actually do. IF he had sent players off earlier in the game then we would of had the " he ruined the game " brigade out in force. Back the refs,make teams show more respect,penalise back chatting with a penalty like it used to be dealt with,the players will soon learn and if they don't then ban them for a game or two.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I'm not a fan of bagging the governing body when clubs go bust or we have system changes.

But they have been very very weak on this one. The message is clear, if you abuse the ref and have a brawl then the ref is to blame.

I hope the juniors fully understand they have no responsibility to respect the ref or the game do what the •••• you like, it all the refs fault.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I'm not a fan of bagging the governing body when clubs go bust or we have system changes.

But they have been very very weak on this one. The message is clear, if you abuse the ref and have a brawl then the ref is to blame.

I hope the juniors fully understand they have no responsibility to respect the ref or the game do what the •••• you like, it all the refs fault.
    For balance Child has only refereed 2 Super League matches since May. He's basically become a Championship who gets the off Super League match now

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    I don't think it is just the disciplinary process that is a disgrace, it is the RFL in its entirety. What we saw on Saturday was the the worst I recall seeing in 55 years of watching the sport. Two teams completely out of control, and given the level of mayhem that ensued I don't believe any official in charge could have dealt with it - and I include Eric Clay, Mick Naughton and Billy Thompson in that statement. I am amazed, but I shouldn't be, that the RFL has done absolutely nothing in respect of sanctions or punishment against the two clubs involved. Total shambles and I don't think it will be too long before we see a repeat performance somewhere.
    Check out Wigan V Warrington early 2000s. Its on youtube

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Check out Wigan V Warrington early 2000s. Its on youtube

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Perhaps the strangest thing to come out of Edwards disciplinary hearing, he was represented by McNamara and amazingly Stuart Cummings, makes interesting reading on the disciplinary site, basically claims he was not inciting the crowd he was encouraging them to sing the Catalan anthem and was unaware of what was taking place , I didn't have much time for Cummings before this, now I have none whatsoever

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by woolyback View Post
    perhaps the strangest thing to come out of edwards disciplinary hearing, he was represented by mcnamara and amazingly stuart cummings, makes interesting reading on the disciplinary site, basically claims he was not inciting the crowd he was encouraging them to sing the catalan anthem and was unaware of what was taking place , i didn't have much time for cummings before this, now i have none whatsoever

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Perhaps the strangest thing to come out of Edwards disciplinary hearing, he was represented by McNamara and amazingly Stuart Cummings, makes interesting reading on the disciplinary site, basically claims he was not inciting the crowd he was encouraging them to sing the Catalan anthem and was unaware of what was taking place , I didn't have much time for Cummings before this, now I have none whatsoever
    Doesn't Cummings whore himself out for this generally these days - an ex-ref helping players get off on technicalities and the like? Sure I've read about him helping another player out, too.