Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    5 or 10 years ago some the hits and tackles would have been the norm.
    Unfortunately in the more sanitised version of Rugby League these days the ref could have handed out half a dozen red cards.

Personally I'm glad they've not picked up bans, I want us to beat their full team at Wembley.
    I watched the game live and I've watched the replay of the 'fight'. I've not been over it and watched every single detail and I'm not going to, it's not even my team, but from those viewings it's stuff we see every week just with more people involved.

If it was our players I guarantee people would be saying there was nothing in it.

If the fight didn't break out in the stands and we didn't have them at Wembley in a couple of weeks I doubt this would even be discussed apart from calling both teams grubs.

If someone can be arsed to prove me wrong and there's a copy of the game online post up the timestamp, what the player did and how many matches they should be banned for. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    I watched the game live and I've watched the replay of the 'fight'. I've not been over it and watched every single detail and I'm not going to, it's not even my team, but from those viewings it's stuff we see every week just with more people involved.

If it was our players I guarantee people would be saying there was nothing in it.

If the fight didn't break out in the stands and we didn't have them at Wembley in a couple of weeks I doubt this would even be discussed apart from calling both teams grubs.

If someone can be arsed to prove me wrong and there's a copy of the game online post up the timestamp, what the player did and how many matches they should be banned for. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong
    I agree

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    5 or 10 years ago some the hits and tackles would have been the norm.
    Unfortunately in the more sanitised version of Rugby League these days the ref could have handed out half a dozen red cards.

Personally I'm glad they've not picked up bans, I want us to beat their full team at Wembley.
    I agree, the only difference is that players are much fitter and generally much stronger than years ago with the impacts like a car crash every time, so of you get it wrong now it can have greater consequences. So there needs to be tighter control, but not to the extent that the game gets sanitised to a point it's not recognisable

Banned

Hill is caught on the mic's swearing at, abusing and intimidating the ref. That's supposed to be an automatic 3+ game ban. Yet nothing. Just brushed under the carpet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Couple of points pal. Firstly, please don't make assumptions that because people object to outright thuggery on a sports pitch they have "lived a sheltered life". I haven't lived a sheltered life and if you knew me you would chose your phraseology more carefully. I suppose in the age of the keyboard warrior this is acceptable. Ah, those who chew nails and spit out battleships, bless 'em, how tough they are. I love the fact that you've seen bigger fights over the shops, must make you live in a tough area, one mean hombre, hey, gee what a guy. Any chance you could sort out Syria on your own? Secondly, I've just watched the Super League Show and Hill can clearly be seen punching a prone player, which isn't the punching incident you cite, which is the Tompkins incident. Finally (I know I said a couple of points and this is a third, but hey, you're tough, you'll forgive me, you've probably just fought your way back form the shops,), I'm not bothered who turns out against Saints (although having seen the Warrington 19, one wonders if the club itself is taking the incident more seriously as half the first team appear to be missing), I want player to be banned for being thugs and for it to impact their season, not because they pose a threat to us (they don't). Okay, so there you go, I'll run back to hide behind the sofa.
    Calm down dear.

Upside
    Non Members

Think some of you have got your saints specs on myself. Looking for players to be banned especially when they play us next. There was only 1 real punch that connected and he got a 3 game ban for it. If that's your idea of a brawl you've lived a sheltered life. Seen bigger fights over the shops on G day
    I think also the player hysteria, the dramatics that follow to try to influence the ref makes everything appear worse than it is
    Constant complaint sof knees high tackles etc. During the game you just feel a whack, you don't always know where it's come from and accept it, but the more fashionable it becomes to create hysteria from players and coaches with utter self interest the worse it gets for everyone and harder still for refs.

I think Childs has been let down and left out to dry by the RFL, he has become a scapegoat for everything that happened. The coaches have blamed him to deflect from their own players and own shortcomings hoping to deflect all blame, it seems to have been successful but here does it leave us? If your losing cause a fight and blame the ref

It shows when you empower refs they can improve a situation, the PTB was tidied up when the rfl stopped players stepping over defenders to gain a penalty, refs didn't suddenly become better refs!! They were just supported, throw them under the bus is taking it backwards

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Hill is caught on the mic's swearing at, abusing and intimidating the ref. That's supposed to be an automatic 3+ game ban. Yet nothing. Just brushed under the carpet.
    Agree, ref should have sent him off

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I think Childs has been let down and left out to dry by the RFL, he has become a scapegoat for everything that happened. The coaches have blamed him to deflect from their own players and own shortcomings hoping to deflect all blame, it seems to have been successful but here does it leave us? If your losing cause a fight and blame the ref

At risk of turning this into a mutual appreciation society, I agree.

Both teams play rugby very near to the knuckle in terms of dirty play/dark arts, which seems to be on instruction from their respective coaching teams. When refs don't go hard on the penalties and the game erupts into handbags, the coaches say the ref didn't control the game adequately. Yet if the ref blew for every niggling infraction, the same coaches would be whining about the ref ruining the game.

It's coaches and their underhand tactics that are to blame.

Upside
    Non Members

At risk of turning this into a mutual appreciation society, I agree.

Both teams play rugby very near to the knuckle in terms of dirty play/dark arts, which seems to be on instruction from their respective coaching teams. When refs don't go hard on the penalties and the game erupts into handbags, the coaches say the ref didn't control the game adequately. Yet if the ref blew for every niggling infraction, the same coaches would be whining about the ref ruining the game.

It's coaches and their underhand tactics that are to blame.
    A quick look on twitter shows many people jumping on the band wagon to blame child's, absolutely slating him, fully justified as he has dropped into the championship. All actions of players and coaches validated

Come on webbo mate seriously 3 games? From memory he wasn't swearing at child like saying you Fu**kin nob head. He was saying something like that Fu**kin Kenny Edwards when he had his family in the stands. Common sense for me there 0 game ban.

If the same would have happened to LMS (our own self propelled automatic mouth) and he got 3 games, people would be burning effigies of James child outside town hall.

If we're going to ban players for being concerned about their family being in danger were going backwards as a sport.

In The South Stand

Jesus someone's gone off the deep end. I'll be in Syria if anyone needs me....
    Probably the best place for a hard case like you.

Got A Replica Shirt

As they appear on the Disciplinary web site.

MATCH REVIEW PANEL MINUTES 05/08/2019 - MATTERS CONSIDERED

Catalans v Warrington
    Brayden Williame - Dangerous Throw in the 7th minute (Austin) - 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Chris Hill - Late contact in the 14th minute (Gigot) – No Further Action
    Chris Hill - Punching in the 15th minute (Simon) - Charge – NFA
    Michael McIlorum - Running in in the 15th minute (Hill) - Sin Bin Sufficient
    Mickael Simon - Use of head in the 15th minute (Hill) - 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Mickael Simon - Use of knees in the 17th minute (Hughes) – NFA
    Jason Clark - Dangerous Contact in the 19th minute (Garcia) – NFA
    Greg Bird – Dangerous Contact in the 25th minute (Austin) – NFA
    Sam Tomkins - Use of knees in the 25th minute (Austin) – NFA
    Michael McIlorum - Other Contrary Behaviour in the 32nd minute (Hill) – NFA
    Michael McIlorum - Dangerous Throw in the 37th minute (Ratchford) – NFA
    Dec Patton - High tackle in the 40th minute (Tomkins) – NFA
    Michael McIlorum - Use of knees in the 61st minute (D Clark) – NFA
    Jake Mamo - Professional Foul in the 64th minute (Mead) - Sin Bin Sufficient
    Tom Lineham - Strikes with shoulder in the 65th minute (Langi) - 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Tom Lineham - Contact off the ball in the 70th minute (Langi) – NFA
    Sita Akauola - Late contact in the 76th minute (McIlorum) – NFA
    Remi Casty - Dangerous Contact in the 78 th minute (J Clark) – NFA
    Kenny Edwards - Use of knee in the 79th minute (Davies) - Issue charge – 0 Match Penalty Notice
    Michael McIlorum - High tackle in the 80th minute (Akauola) -1 Match Penalty Notice
    Tom Lineham - Running in in the 80th minute - Issue caution
    David Mead - Running in in the 80th minute- Issue caution
    Kenny Edwards- Running in in the 80th minute- Issue caution
    Sam Tomkins - Punching in the 80th minute (Mamo) - 3 Match Penalty Notice
    Jake Mamo - Use of head in the 80th minute (Tomkins) - Sin Bin Sufficient
    Kenny Edwards - Other Contrary Behaviour in the 80th minute - Refer to Tribunal

26 incidents (I think), reviewed by the panel in this game.
    18 incidents in all the other 5 games over he weekend

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Calm down dear.
    Thanks Dave, I've gone back to my sheltered life now.

Probably the best place for a hard case like you.
    Where have I even said I'm a hard case you've just imagined that for starters. Do me a favour take a few deep breaths.

Then read this....

Couple of points pal. Firstly, please don't make assumptions that because people object to outright thuggery on a sports pitch they have "lived a sheltered life". I haven't lived a sheltered life and if you knew me you would chose your phraseology more carefully. I suppose in the age of the keyboard warrior this is acceptable. Ah, those who chew nails and spit out battleships, bless 'em, how tough they are. I love the fact that you've seen bigger fights over the shops, must make you live in a tough area, one mean hombre, hey, gee what a guy. Any chance you could sort out Syria on your own? Secondly, I've just watched the Super League Show and Hill can clearly be seen punching a prone player, which isn't the punching incident you cite, which is the Tompkins incident. Finally (I know I said a couple of points and this is a third, but hey, you're tough, you'll forgive me, you've probably just fought your way back form the shops,), I'm not bothered who turns out against Saints (although having seen the Warrington 19, one wonders if the club itself is taking the incident more seriously as half the first team appear to be missing), I want player to be banned for being thugs and for it to impact their season, not because they pose a threat to us (they don't). Okay, so there you go, I'll run back to hide behind the sofa.
    Then think you actually wrote all that out to someone who had a different opinion than you on a forum.

Banned

Thanks Dave, I've gone back to my sheltered life now.
    Well come on, it was a bit of an over reaction.

In The South Stand

Where have I even said I'm a hard case you've just imagined that for starters. Do me a favour take a few deep breaths.

Then read this....

Then think you actually wrote all that out to someone who had a different opinion than you on a forum.
    I know what I wrote and don't need to read it again, but maybe you should. You think people who feel that the brawls during the Warrington Cats match were completely unacceptable have led "sheltered lives"? That's YOUR opinion? You need to have a look at some of the trite dross you're coming out with, have a sip out of that glass your holding and realise that other folk may have opinions that differ from yours, that doesn't mean we've had sheltered lives, savvy? You made it personal by having a pop at people who you think have led "sheltered lives" suggesting that you're a tough guy who thinks unlawful violence on a sports pitch is acceptable. Well the news is in pal, it isn't acceptable and whilst a hard man like you may think it doesn't matter, many of us think it does. We want parents to encourage their children to play the game, within a framework, usually known as rules, they're there to protect players from being seriously hurt. As far as I know no one was seriously hurt, but few could deny the fact that the trouble in the stands where there were women and children was a result of what was going on off the pitch. So as I say, calm down, consider your posts and form an opinion which doesn't include insulting people who have a different view to you (this should suit you, since you would in fact be taking your own advice!). I hope the violence at your local shops has calmed down.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Well come on, it was a bit of an over reaction.
    Coming from you that's priceless.

Can I just change my mind and agree with everyone they should all be banned?

Banned

Coming from you that's priceless.
    I'm not biting.

Upside
    Non Members

Come on webbo mate seriously 3 games? From memory he wasn't swearing at child like saying you Fu**kin nob head. He was saying something like that Fu**kin Kenny Edwards when he had his family in the stands. Common sense for me there 0 game ban.

If the same would have happened to LMS (our own self propelled automatic mouth) and he got 3 games, people would be burning effigies of James child outside town hall.

If we're going to ban players for being concerned about their family being in danger were going backwards as a sport.
    Slippy slope though, we never used to allow any swearing, now we are excusing some, comes very grey and not as objective as it should be

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I wonder if LMS will do some sledging on Chris Hill he must surely deep down still be wound up from the weekend game.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Slippy slope though, we never used to allow any swearing, now we are excusing some, comes very grey and not as objective as it should be
    Please see post 261 I'm on your side now.

In all seriousness I just don't think what he's done in that instance warrants a ban.

If people on this forum were on the disciplinary there would only be us who could field a team each week. Everyone else would be sine die

Upside
    Non Members

Please see post 261 I'm on your side now.

In all seriousness I just don't think what he's done in that instance warrants a ban.

If people on this forum were on the disciplinary there would only be us who could field a team each week. Everyone else would be sine die
    I'm not sure banning is the only answer, somethings gone much more wrong when it's seen as the norm to abuse, swear, publicly criticise, demote and blame the ref for players misdemeanours.

All player actions are so easily justified, ref lost control, he kneed me,they started it, I'm defending myself, ref lost control etc etc.its as if no players or staff carries any responsibility.

This normalising means fans also think it's fine to abuse the ref and blame everyone else for anything that happens

Swearing at the ref for me is a slippy slope, excusing this leads to excusing it time and again until it's simply allowed.

My wife worked at a 6th form years ago and started to report each pupil who was more than ten minutes late. The support worker or whatever they were called said she was unfair as the bus was late, seems the bus was always late so it shouldn't be reported. So she asked what she should do if a pupil was late but it wasn't the bus, and she said they should be reported.
    The day after 3 people wer late and guess what, apparently their bus was late, the rest of the year time keeping was terrible but nobody was reported as it wasn't their fault

Long winded way of saying once you allow an excuse you may as well just allow the action as it's already accepted

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    If i was hill, and i thought my family were in trouble in that stand, i would've completely ignored the ref and try to get my family to safety,,,, family comes before the game and the rules
    What do you think he was doing? He was just at the edge of the field looking angry, that wasn't helping and the ref just advised him to come away as it wasn't helping

What was the alternative for the ref, tell him to climb into the crowd and join in! The ref did everything he could

As for hill, I suspect his family were not in direct danger, if they were I'm sure he would have climbed over regardless, he ignored the ref for most the game, do we seriously think he decided st that point to respect the ref and leave his family in danger

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    If i was hill, and i thought my family were in trouble in that stand, i would've completely ignored the ref and try to get my family to safety,,,, family comes before the game and the rules
    Absolutely agree no second thoughts.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would