Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Season Ticket

Default Cats Vs wire

Utter disgrace. Good result for us though. Wire fans showing their true colours

Learning All The Songs

Warrington fans fighting in stands disgusting bad day for RL

Tomkins and Micky Mac both sent off and how a few of Warrington's team stayed on I don't know?

And round it off Austin picks up a bad ankle injury should be a doubt for Wembley

Never thought we would see things like that in Rugby League. Combination of frustration, too much sun and beer with the spectators plus two very physical aggressive teams. Ironic that two known Wigan miscreants were red carded. Chris Hill’s actions were also very dubious.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

At least it confirmed the LLS for us.

Learning All The Songs

Mr Hill should be visiting Red Hall next week when he got sin binned in first half did you see his stiff arm and elbow in the Catalans face on the ground?

Learning All The Songs

There has been a marked change in how Warrington play since Price took charge and it isn't pretty.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    There has been a marked change in how Warrington play since Price took charge and it isn't pretty.
    Exactly right. The coach has a lot to answers for,

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Never thought we would see things like that in Rugby League. Combination of frustration, too much sun and beer with the spectators plus two very physical aggressive teams. Ironic that two known Wigan miscreants were red carded. Chris Hill’s actions were also very dubious.
    To be fair to Chris Hill his family were in the stands and he was concerned for their safety.

Thick As Mince

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    To be fair to Chris Hill his family were in the stands and he was concerned for their safety.

I agree with this too. I think Chris Hill was very restrained in the circumstances. If your missus and kids are in danger what WOULDN'T you do to protect them............... but... from your own fans though. That is a new level i have seen today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    That Catalans guy in black t-shirt and glasses. He's trying to calm the orcs-in-blue-and-yellow down and one grabs him by the throat. The Catalans guy sparks him with a jab.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages

Learning All The Songs

Was this on sky? i couldnt find it on any of the channels!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Was this on sky? i couldnt find it on any of the channels!
    Sky sports mix

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I would advise any other saints fans to have eyes in the back of our heads on Thursday
    Why? Never had a problem at Wire. Trying to invent possible trouble is in itself irresponsible.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

I think you'll find a group of wire fans were fighting at last years grand final,, and that's not inventing possible trouble, it's stating a fact
    Give it a rest you big girl, if you're that bothered don't go.

Banned

I think you'll find a group of wire fans were fighting at last years grand final,, and that's not inventing possible trouble, it's stating a fact
    There's a core of Dire fans who are always wanting to play the hard man and cause trouble.

Been the case for years. Remember being about 15 and a group of adult Warrington arseholes trying to batter us on Alder Hey Road after a few of us were rubbing it in after we'd won again.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but Hill was among one of the many malcontents who started and then continued the violence on the pitch. He threw a punch on the ground at one stage on a prone Catalans player, he also argued with any decision made and was involved in every coming together on the pitch. Both teams were as bad as each other and I suggest that the disciplinary committee take a long hard look at the tapes from that game. To be fair to Childs, he couldn't control players who just ignored him. At one point Hill marched a touch judge backwards. There was zero respect for officials and this transmitted itself to the drunken mob, who subconsciously recognised the green light to go apesh*t on the terraces. This is what happens when our sport is not officiated correctly. There must be bans, fines and possibly points deductions for this, it's the only way the people and organizations concerned will address the situation. Bad day for our great game. Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but Hill was among one of the many malcontents who started and then continued the violence on the pitch. He threw a punch on the ground at one stage on a prone Catalans player, he also argued with any decision made and was involved in every coming together on the pitch. Both teams were as bad as each other and I suggest that the disciplinary committee take a long hard look at the tapes from that game. To be fair to Childs, he couldn't control players who just ignored him. At one point Hill marched a touch judge backwards. There was zero respect for officials and this transmitted itself to the drunken mob, who subconsciously recognised the green light to go apesh*t on the terraces. This is what happens when our sport is not officiated correctly. There must be bans, fines and possibly points deductions for this, it's the only way the people and organizations concerned will address the situation. Bad day for our great game. Sickening.
    Agree with this but one other thing I noticed was it all kicked off in the last minute with the way Akuola runs in leading with his shoulder - like he did against us when Smith got injured. Holbrook was right when he says the RFL needs to look at this.

Thick As Mince

A Warrington fan on twitter.

Don't look if squeamish

https://twitter.com/PaulJackson123/s...23592169283584

Got A Season Ticket

This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    Not the right answer for me. Why punish other clubs and fans who enjoy a pint or two whilst watching the game?

Those scenes today were an absolute disgrace. The answer is simple. Firstly, the RFL must deal with the on field issues. I can see a couple of 2-3 match bans for players from both sides.

Secondly, both clubs should be heavily fined for the off field incidents. I would have to see it again but I didn't see many stewards there. Use the camera's available to pick out the main instigators and culprits. Hand each and every one of them a total ban from entering a Rugby League Stadium ever again.

This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    Doubt this would make a difference. Pubs close to the ground do a roaring trade for hours before the game. The ‘fans’ would have had every opportunity to get tanked up in advance. And the palaver involved in buying refreshments inside Gilbert Brutus makes it not worth the hassle IMO

I teetotaly agree . joking aside . You are correct .

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I agree mate he’s no Saint but when the players realised the trouble in the stands I can understand his actions and frustration with the ref. Kenny Edwards and Greg Bird were a disgrace. Beckoning the Wire fans for a fight and making the situation even worse. Catalans have become a real scumbag of a club.

Thick As Mince

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post

That is quite frankly pathetic

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    That is quite frankly pathetic
    Sorry, why?