Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wire v Saints Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Not sure they might go softly softly if they have injuries and suspensions before the cup final, thats why I want the Saints to go for the jugular on Thursday and break them rather than unite them.
    Added to this is the short turnaround, the travel, the bruising and battering they took both physically and mentally last night plus all the repercussions of the fighting. Will be a difficult game for them but no doubt they will have a backs to the wall spirit.

Learning All The Songs

Disagree with the idea that it’s a 50/50 game. We’re a better side than last season while Warrington are probably at the same level (just above average). If we play anywhere near our best we’ll win the game comfortably. Warrington are going to need to put in a perfect performance and hope we play poorly. The main difference between the two sides is that Warrington are really poor in attack, in two games against us they’ve scored 3 try’s with 2 of those being flukes. Basically, we’ll have to bottle it to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Disagree with the idea that it’s a 50/50 game. We’re a better side than last season while Warrington are probably at the same level (just above average). If we play anywhere near our best we’ll win the game comfortably. Warrington are going to need to put in a perfect performance and hope we play poorly. The main difference between the two sides is that Warrington are really poor in attack, in two games against us they’ve scored 3 try’s with 2 of those being flukes. Basically, we’ll have to bottle it to lose.
    Fully agree- I don’t really want their best players out injured or banned, it just gives them an excuse when they lose.
    Interesting that at the start of the season and right up until we beat them - all the Sky and press ‘experts’ were touting them as the best team in Superleague this year. And this is definitely their year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Last year was a foregone conclusion as well. Surprised they didn't call the game off and just say, off you pop to Old Trafford save our embarrassment.

Shame Catalan didn't do that as well

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Last year was a foregone conclusion as well. Surprised they didn't call the game off and just say, off you pop to Old Trafford save our embarrassment.

Shame Catalan didn't do that as well
    It was a perfect example of a team bottling it, terrible last tackle plays and weak goal line defence towards the end of the game cost us but Warrington were no better than us for the majority of that game. Not sure that is comparable to this game, I think with it being a semi final and being the last chance of silverware for the season there was more pressure on the team in that game than there will be in this one. Warrington are in really poor form and aren’t playing well at all, as of right now they’re worse than last season and overall no better. We’ve improved in numerous areas and the idea that a game between two sides with a 12 point gap between them is 50/50, is nonsense. We should win comfortably, doesn’t mean we will of course.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I think last nights game could unite wire, could help them in some ways despite losing players
    Im not so sure. A team usually becomes united through tough times and adversity (injuries etc). Warrington were a mess last night, Catalans always looked the stronger team (even when Austin was on). Warrington looked like a team falling apart last night IMO.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

It was a perfect example of a team bottling it, terrible last tackle plays and weak goal line defence towards the end of the game cost us but Warrington were no better than us for the majority of that game. Not sure that is comparable to this game, I think with it being a semi final and being the last chance of silverware for the season there was more pressure on the team in that game than there will be in this one. Warrington are in really poor form and aren’t playing well at all, as of right now they’re worse than last season and overall no better. We’ve improved in numerous areas and the idea that a game between two sides with a 12 point gap between them is 50/50, is nonsense. We should win comfortably, doesn’t mean we will of course.
    So what you're saying is, it's not a 50/50 game unless we get beat?

Upside
    Non Members

Has the Catalan game made the final harder for us?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Has the Catalan game made the final harder for us?
    What by Warrington losing the match, their heads and possibly Austin?

Fully agree. I don’t think there’s any logical argument for it being 50/50. The only thing in their favour is Wembley experience. Of course we could lose but that goes for any game

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Fully agree. I don’t think there’s any logical argument for it being 50/50. The only thing in their favour is Wembley experience. Of course we could lose but that goes for any game
    I think people's views on the definition of a 50/50 game must differ then. For me I see it as a 1 off game that anyone can win with everything taken into account including us bottling it, including them having Wembley experience. I don't see how you can just disregard those factors?

Yes we've been better this year so far but that counts for nothing in this game.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 4th August 2019 at 22:07.

Learning All The Songs

So what you're saying is, it's not a 50/50 game unless we get beat?
    No, don’t know where I’ve implied that.

No, don’t know where I’ve implied that.
    Well the last line says we should win comfortably but that doesn't mean we will. Try that bit

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    What by Warrington losing the match, their heads and possibly Austin?
    Adversity and all that, I don't know it just feels like it may have given them something, I hope not

Learning All The Songs

Well the last line says we should win comfortably but that doesn't mean we will. Try that bit
    Again, I’m struggling to see how that’s me saying it’s not a 50/50 game unless we get beat. Just because it’s not a 50/50 doesn’t mean we are guaranteed to win, that’s what I was trying to say.

on Injuries JH has just said.

Big Al’s scan went really and he will definitely be right for the final. Cootey, Morgan Knowles and Robes will all be right.
    I’m getting paranoid at his statement that one or more might not play in the CCF.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    on Injuries JH has just said.

Big Al’s scan went really and he will definitely be right for the final. Cootey, Morgan Knowles and Robes will all be right.
    I’m getting paranoid at his statement that one or more might not play in the CCF.
    I don’t think Holbrook is the type to play mind games. He’s pretty straight up in his interviews