Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 149

Thread: Lachlan Coote - Cup Final

  1. #76
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    I had this conversation with my little lad this week, other than Darren Albert I've not seen anyone to match Sully in a straight line over 100 metres.
    Yes, bloody hell i forgot about Darren albert, another speedster

  2. #77
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I remember Paul Forber doing the same at Central Park although not too sure if it was buffers last game.
    Wasn't Forber an occasional goal kicker? I seem to remember him kicking once or twice if there was no one else or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

  3. #78
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Will be good to see GRACE burning up the wembley turf,,,,, and a mate pointed out what would've been an interesting foot race, GRACE V SULLIVAN, ex saint
    Grace wouldn't have got near Sullivan over 100m.

  4. #79
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Grace wouldn't have got near Sullivan over 100m.
    Like a Lotus against a Ferrari. The Lotus would get off to a faster start and likely be ahead after 30m, but the Ferrari would reel in the Lotus and pull ahead.

    But the Lotus would widdle all over the Ferrari on a twisty track.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  5. #80
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Like a Lotus against a Ferrari. The Lotus would get off to a faster start and likely be ahead after 30m, but the Ferrari would reel in the Lotus and pull ahead.

    But the Lotus would widdle all over the Ferrari on a twisty track.
    How about our Bentley against their Austin?

  6. #81
    Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    live in Rainford / Seat in North Stand
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Meninga View Post
    How about our Bentley against their Austin?
    He would run rings around him especially as He's on Jacks at the moment

  7. #82
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Wasn't Forber an occasional goal kicker? I seem to remember him kicking once or twice if there was no one else or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.
    No tricks of the mind. I remember him kicking a few too...http://www.saints.org.uk/saints/player.php?num=15329
    Seven goals in total.

  8. #83
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Wasn't Forber an occasional goal kicker? I seem to remember him kicking once or twice if there was no one else or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.
    I remember.

    I also remember Roy 'Agg and his drop goals, which he seemed to take very seriously

    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  9. #84
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Heath
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Grace wouldn't have got near Sullivan over 100m.
    There are plenty to choose from who would beat Grace over 100m. One who I thought was always underestimated for pace was Barrie Ledger, much quicker than given credit for.

  10. #85
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    There are plenty to choose from who would beat Grace over 100m. One who I thought was always underestimated for pace was Barrie Ledger, much quicker than given credit for.
    Kev McCormack was a bit of a flyer, too. And Hunte was no slouch.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  11. #86
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Kev McCormack was a bit of a flyer, too. And Hunte was no slouch.
    Hunte's interception against Wigan in the 1997 CC. Was on the halfway line when he intercepted it & he was gone. Flying machine
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  12. #87
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    I had this conversation with my little lad this week, other than Darren Albert I've not seen anyone to match Sully in a straight line over 100 metres.
    Other than Vollenhoven, I would think Albert is the fastest I have seen.

  13. #88
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hunte's interception against Wigan in the 1997 CC. Was on the halfway line when he intercepted it & he was gone. Flying machine
    I remember being at OT for the CC semi in 1990. It was the fist time I had seen Hunte play, and he caught Offiah from behind. Pity his departure from Saints was acrimonious.

  14. #89
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    532
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I remember.

    I also remember Roy 'Agg and his drop goals, which he seemed to take very seriously

    Use to drink with Roy , sunday lunch-times in the vine , crackin' lad . God bless him .

  15. #90
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    I had this conversation with my little lad this week, other than Darren Albert I've not seen anyone to match Sully in a straight line over 100 metres.
    We have had this post a few times WA10, Brett Dallas caught Sully within 40m when Sully was more than 5m in the clear (videos on youtube) and Albert was a yard quicker than Dallas, so you are right on that. I think Regan makes more for himself with that step and acceleration but does he maintain it over distance, I can only recall the Castleford CC tie when he had a clear run in. There is the under 19`s videos of Grace keeping Gildart and Marshall away over distance. There are a lot of mechanics to factor in a chase, the ball carrier is heavier, cannot use arm drive and a cover tackler can work angles, remember Radlinski caught Albert in the CC final when Albert had daylight. Regan`s try against Wire when Charnley did not get back to him is a good marker but is Josh as sharp as he was, it would be great to see him scorch the turf at Wembley in a win for us but that puts him in the shop window for the deep pocket alternatives.
    I would sooner that than a loss though

  16. #91
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think big al is fairly quick for a big man

  17. #92
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    remember Radlinski caught Albert in the CC final when Albert had daylight.
    Radlinski was no slouge and also had the angle on Albert. Ive had this conversation in the pass with regards Albert and for me his off the mark speed wasn't as fast as say Grace now or Burrow back in the day. It took Albert about 30ms to get into full stride but once he did no one was catching him.

  18. #93
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Radlinski was no slouge and also had the angle on Albert. Ive had this conversation in the pass with regards Albert and for me his off the mark speed wasn't as fast as say Grace now or Burrow back in the day. It took Albert about 30ms to get into full stride but once he did no one was catching him.
    I remember henry pauls length of the field try in the '99 grand final for Bradford, sonny nickel did catch him but momentum took him over, plus Paul did lose a boot on the way

  19. #94
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What happened to Lachlan Coote on this thread?

  20. #95
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Radlinski was no slouge and also had the angle on Albert. Ive had this conversation in the pass with regards Albert and for me his off the mark speed wasn't as fast as say Grace now or Burrow back in the day. It took Albert about 30ms to get into full stride but once he did no one was catching him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hunte's interception against Wigan in the 1997 CC. Was on the halfway line when he intercepted it & he was gone. Flying machine
    Yup SaintJon, Albert`s pace of the mark was not his forte, I mentioned the dynamics of the cover chase, Gary Connolly got back to Sully in the last few minutes of the 1995 CC drawn tie is another that comes to mind.
    Ralph watch that back Jason Robinson gives up after 10m and Alan had to catch the intercept after palming it first and turning back around, he was lighting when fit that lad.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 12th August 2019 at 10:13.

  21. #96
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    We have had this post a few times WA10, Brett Dallas caught Sully within 40m when Sully was more than 5m in the clear (videos on youtube) and Albert was a yard quicker than Dallas, so you are right on that. I think Regan makes more for himself with that step and acceleration but does he maintain it over distance, I can only recall the Castleford CC tie when he had a clear run in. There is the under 19`s videos of Grace keeping Gildart and Marshall away over distance. There are a lot of mechanics to factor in a chase, the ball carrier is heavier, cannot use arm drive and a cover tackler can work angles, remember Radlinski caught Albert in the CC final when Albert had daylight. Regan`s try against Wire when Charnley did not get back to him is a good marker but is Josh as sharp as he was, it would be great to see him scorch the turf at Wembley in a win for us but that puts him in the shop window for the deep pocket alternatives.
    I would sooner that than a loss though
    Last week I thought Mamo looked faster than Grace, but Grace has that ability to turn 90 degrees then accelerate again. I think right now we have the best wing combination in SL.

  22. #97
    Learning All The Songs Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,339
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I remember henry pauls length of the field try in the '99 grand final for Bradford, sonny nickel did catch him but momentum took him over, plus Paul did lose a boot on the way
    I think he only ran half a pitch length, direct from a scrum.

  23. #98
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
    What happened to Lachlan Coote on this thread?
    Cover tackler`s caught him, the leg brace was a hindrance.

  24. #99
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    parr.and proud of it
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    There are plenty to choose from who would beat Grace over 100m. One who I thought was always underestimated for pace was Barrie Ledger, much quicker than given credit for.
    Funny you should mention ledger.
    Has a young lad of 17 I worked with him in rainford.
    Most dinners I would race over 100 yards and whoever's lost bought the dinner. I think I had to buy his once or twice. The rest of the time he had to put his hand in his pocket. In my younger years I represented my county in athletics. 100 and 200 meters my speciality.

  25. #100
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I think he only ran half a pitch length, direct from a scrum.
    Yes,, sorry, just watched it back,, i stand corrected. Still cant believe that was nearly 20 years ago, seems like yesterday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •