Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lachlan Coote - Cup Final

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Everytime Holbrook has talked about it he’s said everyone will be fine for Wembley. There’s been no doubt or ambiguity in what he’s saying.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

I seen him Wednesday night practicing his bowling at Ruskin drive he looked fine to me

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

If coote has hurt his leg then kicking maybe a non starter hence why Richardson has been paired up with different combinations at halfback.

Would not be shocked to see Lomax Richardson and coote.

You need a goal kicker in finals, can't rely on percy or Makinson doing it cold with no lead in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    If coote has hurt his leg then kicking maybe a non starter hence why Richardson has been paired up with different combinations at halfback.

You need a goal kicker in finals, can't rely on percy or Makinson doing it cold with no lead in.
    Have Makinson kicking against Leeds, he should get plenty of chances. I don't think Fages should be dropped for the final and I'm fairly certain he'd look to leave if he was.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Have Makinson kicking against Leeds, he should get plenty of chances. I don't think Fages should be dropped for the final and I'm fairly certain he'd look to leave if he was.
    Did TM stop kicking after a knee problem? If there is any doubt about Coote playing then we should have TM or Percy practicing, if we don't already. Then as you say one could be tried against Leeds.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post

If there is any doubt we might go 3 props and Richardson on the bench to cover for Coote, Knowles and Roby picking up injuries in the final.

Say Coote breaks down in the game then Lomax to Full Back and Richardson to Scrum Half. Roby breaks down then Fages to Hooker and Richardson to Scrum Half. Knowles breaks down then LMS to Loose Forward. This would mean we lose Paulo-Ashworth-Bentley from that last bench spot.

Going with 5 props we have 3 props who can do long minutes in Thommo, Lees and LMS. Holbrook has been giving Lees and Thommo extra minutes lately in the first half of the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Did TM stop kicking after a knee problem? If there is any doubt about Coote playing then we should have TM or Percy practicing, if we don't already. Then as you say one could be tried against Leeds.
    I think so regarding TM. What would be funny is if Holbrook tells the players to take it in turns at goal against Leeds. They'd be having kittens at that.

I reality I think if Coote isn't right for the final, I'd start Richardson and have Fages on the bench.

I think so regarding TM. What would be funny is if Holbrook tells the players to take it in turns at goal against Leeds. They'd be having kittens at that.

I reality I think if Coote isn't right for the final, I'd start Richardson and have Fages on the bench.
    Taking it in turns goalkicking reminds me of one game under Milward when the nearest player played the hooker role at the PTB. Don't remember who we played but the pace of the PTB blew them off the park.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Saints have posted pictures of the players doing promotional videos for the final. Coote is there...not wearing a brace

Banned

Taking it in turns goalkicking reminds me of one game under Milward when the nearest player played the hooker role at the PTB. Don't remember who we played but the pace of the PTB blew them off the park.
    I could've been Leeds you know, wasn't it Leeds that Paul Anderson kicked a touchline conversion against too?

I could've been Leeds you know, wasn't it Leeds that Paul Anderson kicked a touchline conversion against too?
    I think that was Leeds and I think it was Anderson's last game at KR. But, it;s not the game I was mentioning where we had a variety of players behind the PTB. I have a feeling it was one of the top sides at that time so maybe a Bradford or Leeds.

In The South Stand

I think that was Leeds and I think it was Anderson's last game at KR. But, it;s not the game I was mentioning where we had a variety of players behind the PTB. I have a feeling it was one of the top sides at that time so maybe a Bradford or Leeds.
    Didn't Anderson take a conversion in his last game for Saints too?

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    He did and kicked it from the sideline. We might need him for Wembley.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Seem to remember it was a special Baloo Toe Poke Style, didn't bother aligning the ball up and only took 3 steps back. Taken about 2 metres from the touchline from the popular side towards the score board, not sure if the ball went outside the ground.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Been with Coote at Pilks today. No brace anymore. Moving freely. Says along as hes picked he'll play. From the horses mouth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Been with Coote at Pilks today. No brace anymore. Moving freely. Says along as hes picked he'll play. From the horses mouth

Back for the Leeds game?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

I remember Paul Forber doing the same at Central Park although not too sure if it was buffers last game.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

He'll train this week and hopes to play vs Leeds but it may come too soon. He will be ready for the final. He was playing in a bowls tournament for the Steve Prescott foundation. Steve Price also taking part

RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Seem to remember it was a special Baloo Toe Poke Style, didn't bother aligning the ball up and only took 3 steps back. Taken about 2 metres from the touchline from the popular side towards the score board, not sure if the ball went outside the ground.
    Don't think the ball left the ground but Ade Gardiner took off, jumping about like a kangaroo.

Got A Season Ticket

I think Buffer kicked a penalty in the 4-2 Premiership semi final at Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Don't think the ball left the ground but Ade Gardiner took off, jumping about like a kangaroo.
    Loads of emotion from Ade, nothing from Baloo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebuZv9HO-2g

Default Lachlan Coote - Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Will be good to see GRACE burning up the wembley turf,,,,, and a mate pointed out what would've been an interesting foot race, GRACE V SULLIVAN, ex saint
    I think Sullivan would leave Grace for dead in a flat out foot race, but Regan is electric off the mark and can change direction at pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think Sullivan would leave Grace for dead in a flat out foot race, but Regan is electric off the mark and can change direction at pace.
    I had this conversation with my little lad this week, other than Darren Albert I've not seen anyone to match Sully in a straight line over 100 metres.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I remember Paul Forber doing the same at Central Park although not too sure if it was buffers last game.
    Wasn't Forber an occasional goal kicker? I seem to remember him kicking once or twice if there was no one else or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Will be good to see GRACE burning up the wembley turf,,,,, and a mate pointed out what would've been an interesting foot race, GRACE V SULLIVAN, ex saint
    Grace wouldn't have got near Sullivan over 100m.