Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lachlan Coote - Cup Final

Learning All The Songs

He was in the lounge last night. He's hoping to be back for the Leeds game but will definitely be OK for the final

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Holbrook saying Coote will be ready for the final

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    GOOD NEWS, but he did also say that signing a new contract was just a formality, but forgot to tell us that it was with another club!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I thought the same last night when Tony Clubb caught Ellis bang in the face, it looked deliberate.
    The best thing about that Wigan game was seeing S O'L come of worst from one of his trademark high tackle.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The best thing about that Wigan game was seeing S O'L come of worst from one of his trademark high tackle.
    The thug got what he deserved. Should have seen red for that challenge. Thankfully he got his just deserts, let's hope we don't see the scumbag again this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    let's hope we don't see the scumbag again this season.
    Ever again would be fine with me.

Call it delayed suspensions for all the red cards and bans he's escaped over the years because he plays in cherry and sh*te and has been one of the RFL's darlings.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Re: Walmsley & damaged retina apparently a stray finger !!! There seems to be a lot of stray fingers these days in rugby & football , 9/10 are deliberate .
    At least this one wasn’t. Anyone getting handed off to the face is demonstrating poor tackling technique.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Although Holbrook has consistently been saying "yeah, he'll be right" when asked about Coote and Wembley, last night he said "Obviously we're pushing to have Lachlan Coote back for Wembley but we'd have no issue if we had to play Jack"

With news that he was still wearing a leg brace this week, is it cause for worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Although Holbrook has consistently been saying "yeah, he'll be right" when asked about Coote and Wembley, last night he said "Obviously we're pushing to have Lachlan Coote back for Wembley but we'd have no issue if we had to play Jack"
    With news that he was still wearing a leg brace this week, is it cause for worry?
    His brace came off yesterday. I did see him at the game without the brace on. I have heard (normally a good source) that all three Al,Knowles and Coote will be ok for Wembley but not sure if they will play before the day.
    Believe it or not my bigger concern if Coote were not to play is if we have Welsby at FB who will be our kicker?
    You would assume (getting through Leeds unscathed) it would then be Lomax/Fages with Richardson dropping out. I know Percy used to kick but what a risk that would be. Richardson’s kicking was excellent yesterday and them extra points make such a difference. Does JH go with Lomax FB and Fages/Richardson?
    Just hope that decision is not needed.
    Also maybe JH is playing mind games to keep Wire guessing. Which is what they are doing re Austin.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    His brace came off yesterday. I did see him at the game without the brace on. I have heard (normally a good source) that all three Al,Knowles and Coote will be ok for Wembley but not sure if they will play before the day.
    Believe it or not my bigger concern if Coote were not to play is if we have Welsby at FB who will be our kicker?
    You would assume (getting through Leeds unscathed) it would then be Lomax/Fages with Richardson dropping out. I know Percy used to kick but what a risk that would be. Richardson’s kicking was excellent yesterday and them extra points make such a difference. Does JH go with Lomax FB and Fages/Richardson?
    Just hope that decision is not needed.
    Also maybe JH is playing mind games to keep Wire guessing. Which is what they are doing re Austin.
    No brainer for me.

If Coote can play but can’t kick goals I’d still go with Coote, Lomax, Fages as 1, 6, 7.
    More confident with that, even without a recognised goal kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    No brainer for me.

If Coote can play but can’t kick goals I’d still go with Coote, Lomax, Fages as 1, 6, 7.
    More confident with that, even without a recognised goal kicker.
    If that's the situation we are in, then Percy needs to be told to grow a pair, at least for one game. I think if he kicked and failed people would appreciate it more than him not having a go. At least people now know that he does not have the confidence, and can accept him missing.

Got A Replica Shirt

Not heard from any sources or anything like that, but I’ve got a bad feeling Coote won’t be ready for Wembley. In an ideal world, he can get a run next Thursday against Leeds. Even if it’s just 40 mins.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMCMXCIV View Post
    Not heard from any sources or anything like that, but I’ve got a bad feeling Coote won’t be ready for Wembley. In an ideal world, he can get a run next Thursday against Leeds. Even if it’s just 40 mins.
    We’re all doomed I tell ye!

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

If that's the situation we are in, then Percy needs to be told to grow a pair, at least for one game. I think if he kicked and failed people would appreciate it more than him not having a go. At least people now know that he does not have the confidence, and can accept him missing.
    He's done it before, he kicked goals at the GF. Will be a big problem I reckon even if Coote is playing. You can tell he has been practicing conversations through out the season, if you compare how he was kicking at the start of the season up until his injury. How will he be without weeks of practice?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    He's done it before, he kicked goals at the GF. Will be a big problem I reckon even if Coote is playing. You can tell he has been practicing conversations through out the season, if you compare how he was kicking at the start of the season up until his injury. How will he be without weeks of practice?
    I posted the same sentiments about Coote kicking earlier. Whether he can come back with the same form with the boot???

Got A Replica Shirt

I posted the same sentiments about Coote kicking earlier. Whether he can come back with the same form with the boot???
    Need to make sure we’re scoring near the sticks. Walmsley and Thompson might be worth an anytime try scorer dabble.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I expect him to play in the final but if he doesn’t play at Leeds next week, I think it’ll be a race against time to get him right. You wouldn’t choose to have your full back missing for 5 games before a final.

If there’s a substantial knock there, it’s very difficult to cover it up at full back, particularly on a pitch that big. There’s too much ground to cover.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Have Saints said what is actually wrong with Coote? I seen all the posts about the leg brace, but don't remember reading what the problem is.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Have Saints said what is actually wrong with Coote? I seen all the posts about the leg brace, but don't remember reading what the problem is.
    Don,t think the club has given any details, but he does have an history of knee problems.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

He did also say he’s still on track to play. Get the impression he was supposed to be back for next week but now that isn’t the case he can’t be as confident for Wembley.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    He did also say he’s still on track to play. Get the impression he was supposed to be back for next week but now that isn’t the case he can’t be as confident for Wembley.
    Who’s said it isn’t the case?

I agree. If he doesn't play next week, he won't play at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Don,t think the club has given any details, but he does have an history of knee problems.
    Thanks mate, I thought I mat have missed the reason for his absence.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Who’s said it isn’t the case?
    Nobody, it’s just the feeling I got listening to Holbrook speak about the possibility of Welsby playing at Wembley and Coote being on track to play. If he was going to play next week I don’t think he’d talk about either.

Learning All The Songs

Nobody, it’s just the feeling I got listening to Holbrook speak about the possibility of Welsby playing at Wembley and Coote being on track to play. If he was going to play next week I don’t think he’d talk about either.
    A week is a long time in terms of recovering from injury. I expect he will play at least half a game at Leeds.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    A week is a long time in terms of recovering from injury. I expect he will play at least half a game at Leeds.
    Possibly but if he’s only ‘on track’ to play a game that’s two weeks away then it’s surely highly unlikely he’s going to play a game one week away.