Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lachlan Coote - Cup Final

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by dark side of the moon View Post
    both coote and knowles will be facings leeds according to arguably the best source possible !
    wrong

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Honestly thought Coote and Al would get a run out on Thurs....beginning to get a bit squiffy now...hope im wrong!!!
    The worded club statement of Coote, Walmsley and Roby chances for the CC final to be announced later, that sounds as though there is a possible doubt on at least one player being touch and go.

Got A Season Ticket

If thats the case and i hope its not.....i hope its Big Al whose doubtful of the 3

Noooobie

If any combination apart from Lomax and Fages in the halves I worry for Coote making Wembley

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    wrong
    Accepted, given the info came from JH himself two weeks ago one can assume coote has not made as much progress as hoped. I would most certainly have liked to have seem him play a small part if he was going to be eligible for the final.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Accepted, given the info came from JH himself two weeks ago one can assume coote has not made as much progress as hoped. I would most certainly have liked to have seem him play a small part if he was going to be eligible for the final.
    Decision was taken this morning, I heard was 50/50. Coote a cert for the final.

If he was 50/50 for Leeds he must be in full training just not 100%. Lets hope so Eddie

Banned

If he was 50/50 for Leeds he must be in full training just not 100%. Lets hope so Eddie
    Nail on head

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    There isn’t a player called Ashurst.

It was Thompson who was one of the fastest over 40 meters.
    Ashworth. I'll blame autocorrect.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

In full training now, just the brace was on a little longer than expected. Walmsley and Roby will return for the final barring any freak accidents.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

All 3 for for next week according to Holbrook.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    In full training now, just the brace was on a little longer than expected. Walmsley and Roby will return for the final barring any freak accidents.
    If he is in full training can we assume he is practising his kicking ? No idea which leg was injured.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If he is in full training can we assume he is practising his kicking ? No idea which leg was injured.
    No idea mate. Tbh I can't even remember what leg it was. I want to say left. I know he had a cruciate knee injury in his left leg at the cowboys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    No idea mate. Tbh I can't even remember what leg it was. I want to say left. I know he had a cruciate knee injury in his left leg at the cowboys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It was his right knee that’s been the issue. He’s a left footed kicker so his right is his standing leg so not sure how much he’ll have been practicing?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    It was his right knee that’s been the issue. He’s a left footed kicker so his right is his standing leg so not sure how much he’ll have been practicing?
    I very much doubt he would have started kicking practice with the delay of removing the knee brace. Maybe he is doing some kicking work this week and hopefully balancing up both legs for the task ahead.

Got A Season Ticket

It’s a huge gamble to pick a player who isn’t 100% fit at Wembley. Hopefully JH knows what he’s doing, otherwise it could be a long game if we pick up a couple of early injuries.

Learning All The Songs

Barring an injury, I would leave Richardson at 7 for Wembley. He deserves to keep the shirt and he can take the kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Barring an injury, I would leave Richardson at 7 for Wembley. He deserves to keep the shirt and he can take the kicks.
    Not for me. In a final we need to be able to play a patient game, and we are a more rash and less patient team with Richardson at 7. I think Richardson has shown some good progress over the last few weeks and may well turn out to be our first choice 7 in the not too distant future, but not in this cup final for me.

Learning All The Songs

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I agree, not only because Richardson has improved. But because it is unlikely coote will be at the top of his game with so many weeks off.

Practice helps you form habits and it there is one thing coote has not been doing its kicking whilst in a leg brace.

And certainly not kicking (place or field) whilst under pressure. Far easier for him to pick up his full-back game with the cover of other players around him.

Kicking is a solo job and if he can't cover it, there will be no one else on the field to do it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I agree, not only because Richardson has improved. But because it is unlikely coote will be at the top of his game with so many weeks off.

Practice helps you form habits and it there is one thing coote has not been doing its kicking whilst in a leg brace.

And certainly not kicking (place or field) whilst under pressure. Far easier for him to pick up his full-back game with the cover of other players around him.

Kicking is a solo job and if he can't cover it, there will be no one else on the field to do it.
    I think the final will be a lot closer than people think so having a proper goal kicker who is capable of match winning penalties, goals and drop goals could be vital. We have to ignore the 3 league games we’ve played against Warrington this year and treat it as a one off game. 8 of our team have played in a major final before but not recently whereas Wire have played 4 finals in the last 3 years. Yes they’ve lost them all but the experience in those situations could be crucial. Coote won’t have been kicking and Makinson/Percival etc are not viable options so for me, Richardson has to play.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

The idea that Richardson should play (and partner Fages) instead of Coote playing because he might kick a couple more conversions is ridiculous when Coote has been outstanding and Richardson has, at best, been average. We’re much better with Coote playing as Richardson is a headless chicken with consistently poor decision making which often results in us losing control of the game. He’s also still a liability defensively as we saw last week. If Coote is able to play he has to be picked, he’s the best full back in the league and you’d have to be stupid to leave him out.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    The idea that Richardson should play (and partner Fages) instead of Coote playing because he might kick a couple more conversions is ridiculous when Coote has been outstanding and Richardson has, at best, been average. We’re much better with Coote playing as Richardson is a headless chicken with consistently poor decision making which often results in us losing control of the game. He’s also still a liability defensively as we saw last week. If Coote is able to play he has to be picked, he’s the best full back in the league and you’d have to be stupid to leave him out.
    I had to go back through the thread then to check whether people had genuinely suggested that Richardson should keep his place! Sounds like a plan - leave one of the best players in the league out of a final because he’s missed a few games

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I had to go back through the thread then to check whether people had genuinely suggested that Richardson should keep his place! Sounds like a plan - leave one of the best players in the league out of a final because he’s missed a few games
    Incredible really, one of our top 3 players this season and people want him to miss the biggest game of the season. Not sure how even Richardson’s biggest fan could justify choosing him over Coote.

Got A Season Ticket

Surely nobody is suggesting Richardson should start if Coote plays? If Coote isn't deemed fit however, I think Richardson should start at 7