Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Wakefield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man squad v Wakefield

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/07/3...kefield-clash/

Taia, Smith and Welsby for Walmsley, Knowles and Costello.

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. James Bentley, 29. Jack Welsby.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Welsby as FB and Lomax back to normal for me.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

This really depends on how long Coote is out for.

If he's scheduled to miss the CC Final, then I would stick with Lomax at FB, and Fages/Richardson in the halves, simply to get them used to playing with each other again and for Richardson's kicking.

If he's scheduled to make the CC Final, then I would put Welsby at FB for the next few games and keep Lomax/Fages in the halves firing on all cylinders.

I would personally prefer the latter, as I really didn't enjoy watching Richardson play in CC Semi. IMO - It's becoming apparent that Ben Barba made this kid look good.

Noooobie

Coote only out for a couple more weeks. Guess he'll get a run out at Headingley.

Did you watch Richardson over the Easter period where we hammered Hull FC and Catalan?

Quote Originally Posted by tartansaint View Post
    Coote only out for a couple more weeks. Guess he'll get a run out at Headingley.

Did you watch Richardson over the Easter period where we hammered Hull FC and Catalan?
    You've heard different than me then. As far as I'm aware he is more than 2 weeks off

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    You've heard different than me then. As far as I'm aware he is more than 2 weeks off
    That's poor any more than 2 weeks he's struggling for the final

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    This really depends on how long Coote is out for.

If he's scheduled to miss the CC Final, then I would stick with Lomax at FB, and Fages/Richardson in the halves, simply to get them used to playing with each other again and for Richardson's kicking.

If he's scheduled to make the CC Final, then I would put Welsby at FB for the next few games and keep Lomax/Fages in the halves firing on all cylinders.

I would personally prefer the latter, as I really didn't enjoy watching Richardson play in CC Semi. IMO - It's becoming apparent that Ben Barba made this kid look good.
    Even though I thought Richardson was the right choice for the semi I do now think with where we are League wise he should not play now. Welsby can take a few games as FB and get our best half partnership back together. We have more than enough to win this. Plus win this and the league is 99% done.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Even though I thought Richardson was the right choice for the semi I do now think with where we are League wise he should not play now. Welsby can take a few games as FB and get our best half partnership back together. We have more than enough to win this. Plus win this and the league is 99% done.
    Agree 100%

Learning All The Songs

Holbrook says a couple of weeks in the star

Learning All The Songs

Sorry the 2 weeks are for walmsleys return

Learning All The Songs

This is going to be a tough game. We're without 3 of our top players and Wakefield have plen of incentive to win. I too would like to see welsby at full back but you can guarantee Brough will target him. Hopefully after winning the semi and havi the eventful week we've had we can come together and win.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Saint View Post
    This is going to be a tough game. We're without 3 of our top players and Wakefield have plen of incentive to win. I too would like to see welsby at full back but you can guarantee Brough will target him. Hopefully after winning the semi and havi the eventful week we've had we can come together and win.
    It should be a comfortable two points. Wakefield looked gone at the Wigan game other week and Wigan had loads out.

Starting A Programme Collection

Brough may well target Welsby but it is up to Welsby to make it a waste of his time. The lad needs to build confidence in his own ability and there is only one place to do that.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Last week in the first half we were stuttering, the combo of Lomax/ Richardson/ Fages wasn't gelling.
    It seemed to get better as the game went on soxI would persevere with it.
    From other threads it looks like its 50/50 for Coote to make Wembley, if that is the case I dont think we should put Welsby in for two or three game then revert to Lomax for Wembley.

Hopefully 2 or 3 games will enable Richardson to get upto speed

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Brough may well target Welsby but it is up to Welsby to make it a waste of his time. The lad needs to build confidence in his own ability and there is only one place to do that.
    I agree big test this week the boot of Brough also next week away at wankey hopefully coote back against the whinos hopefully welsby can prove himself he has the ability

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I agree big test this week the boot of Brough also next week away at wankey hopefully coote back against the whinos hopefully welsby can prove himself he has the ability
    Not too sure if Welsby will feature last 10 days he has been training and playing at stand off.

Welsby full back tonight - Mrs Lomax gave birth today. Glad the baby wasn’t three weeks overdue!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Welsby full back tonight - Mrs Lomax gave birth today. Glad the baby wasn’t three weeks overdue!
    Thought Jack did OK today, looks as though he's been in the weights room and put on a bit more muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought Jack did OK today, looks as though he's been in the weights room and put on a bit more muscle.
    I did too. Pretty solid and made a few nice runs and interjections into the line.

Thought Danny R was doing his best to make sure Welsby had some good opportunities - once in the first half when he broke through and passed to Fages who slipped - was a great move. Second half a similar situation closer to the Wakefield line but this time Welsby kicked to the corner rather than pass or really go for it.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Thought Danny R was doing his best to make sure Welsby had some good opportunities - once in the first half when he broke through and passed to Fages who slipped - was a great move. Second half a similar situation closer to the Wakefield line but this time Welsby kicked to the corner rather than pass or really go for it.

Thought Danny did some decent things but still made some average decisions and average plays

Don't think Welsby is any bigger than before, just settling into the role, be patient and he will improve he is a great player

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Thought Danny did some decent things but still made some average decisions and average plays

Don't think Welsby is any bigger than before, just settling into the role, be patient and he will improve he is a great player
    Danny Richardson was my man of the match strange decision to award it to Tommo? Theo was average and missed a few chances to put players in who were steaming into gaps but all in all not a bad performance from the team ….. Percival is in serious need of a sat nav system though

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Danny Richardson was my man of the match strange decision to award it to Tommo? Theo was average and missed a few chances to put players in who were steaming into gaps but all in all not a bad performance from the team ….. Percival is in serious need of a sat nav system though

Danny did well, but I wouldn't have him MoM IMO, to many average plays and decisions.

I think Theo pits himelsf in those difficult positions and takes it to the line, standing were he does he doesn't always get the time, but an important role all the same, as such I cut him a little more slack

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Danny did well, but I wouldn't have him MoM IMO, to many average plays and decisions.

I think Theo pits himelsf in those difficult positions and takes it to the line, standing were he does he doesn't always get the time, but an important role all the same, as such I cut him a little more slack
    A try and five goals isn't bad for a kid who makes average plays must admit I am not a huge fan of DR but he was an improvement last night,
    and I will always applaud improvement in a young player

Default 19 man squad v Wakefield

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Both Percy and Thommo were outstanding IMO.

Richardson had one of his better games. He seems to have calmed down a little bit although there was one Richardson last-tackle special. I’d like to see him take the ball towards the defensive line before passing, though. He tends to run sideways before passing, which means we end up with players catching the ball standing still and we also end up playing too laterally. Definitely an improvement last night but not MOM, I’d say.