Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Justin Holbrook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Noooobie

Default Justin Holbrook

Good luck to Justin for next season at Gold Coast. Thanks for all he's done for Saints, lets just give him a good send off with the Challenge Cup and Grand Final win
    Last edited by billingeboy; 31st July 2019 at 10:18. Reason: bad spelling

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Best of luck to him and hope he does well there. Very disappointed to lose him of course but we were in a no win situation. He does well and leaves or does poorly and we want him to leave.

Banned

I don't wish him any ill will as he's clearly improved things but I'm still not very happy he's turned his back on us at the first opportunity, not that I blame him but I think the club could've done more to keep him.

I'll also be quite annoyed if he comes after our best players.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I don't wish him any ill will as he's clearly improved things but I'm still not very happy he's turned his back on us at the first opportunity, not that I blame him but I think the club could've done more to keep him.

The club and Eamonn have already clearly stated they couldn't have done any more to persuade him to stay.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    The club and Eamonn have already clearly stated they couldn't have done any more to persuade him to stay.
    As you'd expect. We'll never know though. Like I say, I don't blame him and I'm sure he'll be earning a fortune so good luck to him but to be honest, once he's gone I couldn't care less how he does.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

To be fair, I’m glad it’s been sorted now and everyone knows where they stand. If he wants to go, fair play to him he’s entitled to. The main thing now is that they focus on getting some silverware this season.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

That’s the only thing that now would annoy me, if he now uses his position to tempt any players. He’s worked here for two years, plenty of players out there. Does not need to tempt any of our team to help him succeed.

Got A Season Ticket

A true gentleman, good luck for the the future & leaving us in a much better state than you found us, go win the lot.

I wish all the best for Justin Holbrook’s future and hope the team can give him the perfect send off with a deserved treble. Should they not manage to achieve that, however, I would still regard his tenure as a success. I am not one who judges the club solely on trophies in the cabinet but am more concerned about the entertainment and enjoyment provided throughout the season. Finals victories for me are the icing on the cake and if I thought otherwise there would be little point in attending the preceding 29 rounds and play-off games or any Challenge Cup games prior to Wembley. Since the move from Knowsley Road, I found a diminishing amount of enjoyment in Saints’ games culminating in the mind-numbing style of play under Cunningham which caused me to consider seriously dispensing with my season ticket. Thankfully, Justin Holbrook has been a major part in resurrecting my interest both through the style of play, his promotion of youth and engagement with the town community. Hopefully trophies will be won but even without anything beyond another LLS I am grateful for his input.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I wish all the best for Justin Holbrook’s future and hope the team can give him the perfect send off with a deserved treble. Should they not manage to achieve that, however, I would still regard his tenure as a success. I am not one who judges the club solely on trophies in the cabinet but am more concerned about the entertainment and enjoyment provided throughout the season. Finals victories for me are the icing on the cake and if I thought otherwise there would be little point in attending the preceding 29 rounds and play-off games or any Challenge Cup games prior to Wembley. Since the move from Knowsley Road, I found a diminishing amount of enjoyment in Saints’ games culminating in the mind-numbing style of play under Cunningham which caused me to consider seriously dispensing with my season ticket. Thankfully, Justin Holbrook has been a major part in resurrecting my interest both through the style of play, his promotion of youth and engagement with the town community. Hopefully trophies will be won but even without anything beyond another LLS I am grateful for his input.
    Nicely put.

In The South Stand

all done as it should be done he as been straight with the Club, Fans and everyone involved as the club has I wish him and his family all good in the future . It would be nice to finish the job with the trophies though.

Noooobie

It is very disappointing. I had hoped that he would have stayed for another two years. One thing that saddens me is the equivocal way in which Holbrook has handled this. I know that contract negotiations do have an element of cloak-and-dagger, but has he been straight about the situation?

At first, he said that he was happy at Saints and that the new contract was a formality. It became obvious that, as time passed and the plot thickened, that it was anything but a formality. Later, he informed us that the matter was entirely in the hands of his management. Really?

In his statement today, he tells us “it is very difficult as the only time I would get an opportunity like that is when we are winning and doing well as a club.” Although this is not necessarily inconsistent with his previous position, it could be read as smacking of desperation to get away. It is as if he feels that the bubble is about to burst, and he will be stuck here if he doesn’t go now. This seems to be contradicted by his later comment: “The main thing for me is that I know the club is in a great position moving forward,” which seems to imply that the bubble is not about to burst and therefore this is was not his one only chance.

Obviously, he can do whatever job he likes and good luck to him. People rightly move on in their jobs: I’m sure most people have moved jobs through their own self-interest, that is fine, but at least be straight about it. The fans of a sports club like Saints deserve better.

Perhaps I have underestimated a very difficult situation for him. Personally, I think he is making a mistake. The Titans’ job looks like a poison chalice to me, and I would also have expected his contract to be longer that two years given that he is integral to their five-year plan.

Noooobie

Pretty much perfectly summed up.

Learning All The Songs

Well said. I wish him well. Whatever happens next, he has done a great job. The next coach will build from th foundations he put down

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by harwood saint View Post
    A true gentleman, good luck for the the future & leaving us in a much better state than you found us, go win the lot.
    Very true. No need for anyone to feel any bitterness or anger about his decision to leave. He came here to do a job of work like everyone else does in life. He honoured his contract in full and has served the club, fans and town with distinction. I only hope the moronic boo boys don't crawl from under their stones and give JH a rough time. I'd hate to see him leave on a sour note and we should give him a send off he will remember for the right reasons.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harwood saint View Post
    I would have liked to have gotten another couple of years out of him, and thought we would do so when he said a new contract was a formality. Maybe Titans weren't in thee mix at that time? But, I think you post is 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I've never been more certain of anything that he WILL deliver us success at Wembley and old trafford
    We will see

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I've never been more certain of anything that he WILL deliver us success at Wembley and old trafford
    I'm a bit worried the pressure and weight of expectation might get to the team . Not won either of the 2 major trophies for far too long, dominant last season and falling at the final hurdles, dominant this season and obviously will be carrying favourite tag and now the added pressure of giving Holbrook the send off he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    I'm a bit worried the pressure and weight of expectation might get to the team . Not won either of the 2 major trophies for far too long, dominant last season and falling at the final hurdles, dominant this season and obviously will be carrying favourite tag and now the added pressure of giving Holbrook the send off he deserves.
    I'm not sure it will become a pressure situation. I think it will just sharpen the focus a little which can only help

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I'm not sure it will become a pressure situation. I think it will just sharpen the focus a little which can only help
    This...... JH leaving can be turned into a positive & used as a motivational tool.