Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 394

Thread: New Coach for 2020

  1. #76
    In The South Stand retro74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St Helens, Lancashire
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,183
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Ideally you want someone from the same school of rugby as Trent Robinson, he’s the perfect coach for today - improving his team as players and as people. Even Cronk acknowledges his culture is second to none and was heavily involved in both Melbourne and Queensland success

    IIRC Craig Fitzgibbon is at the Roosters in a coaching capacity, I wonder if he’d come back to England for a couple of years?

  2. #77
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEWTOWN AREA
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    According to the news we are looking for an Aussie anyway.
    on aussie news saints officals going over to oz to find replacement .

  3. #78
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I certain it won't, but do any fellow saints fans think holbrook, s departure will affect the players performances for the rest of the season?

  4. #79
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEWTOWN AREA
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I certain it won't, but do any fellow saints fans think holbrook, s departure will affect the players performances for the rest of the season?
    I don't think so every player wants to win medals coote is very un happy hes leaving .

  5. #80
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy h View Post
    I don't think so every player wants to win medals coote is very un happy hes leaving .
    If coote is unhappy, let's hope his form doesn't dip

  6. #81
    Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy h View Post
    I don't think so every player wants to win medals coote is very un happy hes leaving .
    Eh?

    Is this the same Coote that was talking about an extension beyond his 3 years couple of months ago?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #82
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I certain it won't, but do any fellow saints fans think holbrook, s departure will affect the players performances for the rest of the season?
    That's my big worry too. Remember when Shaun Wane announced he was leaving Wigan last season - their performances dropped in particular the C.Cup game against Wire when they got hammered (and they were so bad Tyrone Roberts was mom that game for wire). OK - no doubt that Wigan turned things around under Wane at Old Trafford but let's not forget that his announcement was earlier in the season (late May 18) than JH today - so 2 months earlier. Also with the likes of Coote being so influential to our team and style of play how will he feel now? Another worry perhaps for next season onwards.
    All told the saints coaching and playing team have a big task ahead of them. Fingers crossed!

  8. #83
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEWTOWN AREA
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Eh?

    Is this the same Coote that was talking about an extension beyond his 3 years couple of months ago?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope he does but saying he is unhappy on aussie website that he is leaving dosent mean he wants to leave .

  9. #84
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As much as I think JH has done a great job as coach of Saints, I still feel let down. During his time in the role JH has kept saying how happy he is at Saints and his family are enjoying living in St Helens. The Chairman was good enough to give him a job as a first team coach only to get the first sniff of a job and it looks like he is on his way home. I will be gutted if this has the same effect as the last man from Oz who was given the chance to turn his career around at Saints only to jump ship at the first opportunity to go back home.

  10. #85
    Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Normanton, West Yorkshire
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,136
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Hearing Adam O’Brien the current Roosters assistant is the front runner. Used to be Craig Bellamy’s number 2 at Melbourne.
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

  11. #86
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    As much as I think JH has done a great job as coach of Saints, I still feel let down. During his time in the role JH has kept saying how happy he is at Saints and his family are enjoying living in St Helens. The Chairman was good enough to give him a job as a first team coach only to get the first sniff of a job and it looks like he is on his way home. I will be gutted if this has the same effect as the last man from Oz who was given the chance to turn his career around at Saints only to jump ship at the first opportunity to go back home.
    Take it you haven't been to Gold Coast then? 12000 miles from home (yes - Sydney area is JH home 1 hour flight away from GC). Gold Coast to St Helens or North West England for that matter isn't really a hard decision eh?
    You name me one other aussie player/coach that came over to England and stayed for the long run - I can only think of one: Phil Veivers.

    Justin has been great for our club and town but now we have to move onand get behind him and our team. The only thing that will leave a bad taste is if JH leaves before the end of the season. I cannot see that happening for one-minute by the way.

  12. #87
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    As much as I think JH has done a great job as coach of Saints, I still feel let down. During his time in the role JH has kept saying how happy he is at Saints and his family are enjoying living in St Helens. The Chairman was good enough to give him a job as a first team coach only to get the first sniff of a job and it looks like he is on his way home. I will be gutted if this has the same effect as the last man from Oz who was given the chance to turn his career around at Saints only to jump ship at the first opportunity to go back home.

    Yes it's sad but the way it is, good luck to him

  13. #88
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If he did go before the end of the season, he could lose some respect from certain fans, not myself,,, but I can't see him jumping ship till after October 12th

  14. #89
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,030
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Saint View Post
    Hearing Adam O’Brien the current Roosters assistant is the front runner. Used to be Craig Bellamy’s number 2 at Melbourne.
    Purely from the fact he’s been assistant to two great coaches in Robinson and Bellamy, I think he’d be a good appointment. Also credited with being the ‘man behind the attacking revamp’ of Melbourne on their club website. From what he says I think he’d look to continue the entertaining style of rugby.

  15. #90
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    If he did go before the end of the season, he could lose some respect from certain fans, not myself,,, but I can't see him jumping ship till after October 12th
    Don't worry he'll be here until the end of the season (whenever that may be for us)
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  16. #91
    Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy h View Post
    I hope he does but saying he is unhappy on aussie website that he is leaving dosent mean he wants to leave .
    Link?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #92
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Don't worry he'll be here until the end of the season (whenever that may be for us)
    I expect that to be the case, but strong rumours they want him now. I hope he wants to see the season out and indeed hope he does

  18. #93
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I expect that to be the case, but strong rumours they want him now. I hope he wants to see the season out and indeed hope he does
    Which seem to be growing by the hour as well. That really would put the skids under us if he went immediately. I'm pretty sure he'll stay til season end though
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  19. #94
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Which seem to be growing by the hour as well. That really would put the skids under us if he went immediately. I'm pretty sure he'll stay til season end though
    I guess if he wants to leave, we can go with Marshal for the rest of the season, it would cost them though

  20. #95
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St Helens , Lancashire.
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    We should poach Henderson from the Wire.

  21. #96
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,411
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Which seem to be growing by the hour as well. That really would put the skids under us if he went immediately.
    If he goes before the end of the season I'd go from just booing him to starting a gofundme page to hire Liam Neeson to take revenge on him. Surely he can't be considering that, unless there is a compelling family reason underpinning the entire thing? He'd go from hero to being arguably the most hated man in St Helens overnight, what a dishonest and sly way to end what has been a fantastic 18 months that would be.

    Does anyone else worry that Richard Marshall's arrival and Longy deciding to move on were because we learned Holbrook was going? Is Marshall the night watchman ahead of the new guy starting next season?

    The 'he's going now' rumour was all the rage with the Wire fans this afternoon at kid's football. I put them all straight, saying it was next year, but they all seemed convinced. Gone before our next game is the rumour. Don't let him Eammon, steal his passport.

  22. #97
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,052
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    You can never predict what will happen but I suspect Justin will see out his contract because if you jump ship part way through it gives you a certain reputation for future possibilities and isn't ultimately in your best interests. Leaving now makes no sense as Gold Coast are going nowhere at the moment and Saints have a bit to play for.

    Going forward I think Wello will be coach at some point but it is too early for him and he needs a spell somewhere else first in my opinion, perhaps 6 months in aus as an assistant, so we should get someone in for a couple of seasons much in the same way as JH came in.

    Of the current crop in Superleague I do like what Ian Watson is doing at Salford and what about Chris Chester at Wakey could he do well with a better quality player?
    Learned comment from The Don

  23. #98
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    If he goes before the end of the season I'd go from just booing him to starting a gofundme page to hire Liam Neeson to take revenge on him. Surely he can't be considering that, unless there is a compelling family reason underpinning the entire thing? He'd go from hero to being arguably the most hated man in St Helens overnight, what a dishonest and sly way to end what has been a fantastic 18 months that would be.
    He would lose all respect in my opinion and a certain amount of anger would be heading his way. Its just not on that the captain jumps ship when the last 2 major battles are on the horizon and leaving his crew rudderless.

  24. #99
    Learning All The Songs The.Reverand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,170
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    He’s contracted and the only way he could go anywhere now is if Saints allowed it which they would be mad too. He’s got a bite at two cherries, he would be mad to go now. Don’t see it personally.

  25. #100
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,661
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He would lose all respect in my opinion and a certain amount of anger would be heading his way. Its just not on that the captain jumps ship when the last 2 major battles are on the horizon and leaving his crew rudderless.
    To be honest Big Mal would also lose some respect if this were the case.

    All the talk however is they want Holbrook for the start of preseason, they're not going to be in the playoffs so their season is not going change by bringing him in for a few meaningless games.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •