Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: New Coach for 2020

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    You might be surprised then.
    I hope Saints aren’t even thinking about asking him. I don’t follow the NRL so i don’t know how he’s done during his time at Newcastle, but if the club are happy for him to go he can’t be one of the top NRL coaches. Perhaps Wire might go for him if they don’t pick up any silverware this season.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I would rather Watson or Marshall got the job than Brown.
    Not sure about Watson now having just read that Salford have signed Sarginson. Watson says "he will take us to another level of performance" Really????

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    Not sure about Watson now having just read that Salford have signed Sarginson. Watson says "he will take us to another level of performance" Really????
    What's he suppose to say, he's an average signing and the best we can do?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    Worse is another level of performance... 😁 On a serious note i think Watson has done well with the little he has at Salford, would it translate to a club of our size if we do appoint him head coach, i don’t know.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Worse is another level of performance... 😁 On a serious note i think Watson has done well with the little he has at Salford, would it translate to a club of our size if we do appoint him head coach, i don’t know.
    Has Watson gone out to Australia to be interviewed?

In The South Stand

He as served his apprenticeship in lower leagues and who knows he might make a good go of a club like ours , it seems to be the same with the southern hemisphere people we are supposedly looking at .

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I hope Saints aren’t even thinking about asking him. I don’t follow the NRL so i don’t know how he’s done during his time at Newcastle, but if the club are happy for him to go he can’t be one of the top NRL coaches. Perhaps Wire might go for him if they don’t pick up any silverware this season.
    A weird thing to say. He has took wooden Spooners into the playoffs. I also think brown really turned us around as a club and made us contenders.

The style of play was governed by the playing roster. Signing fullbacks as halfbacks.

With this group of players I would imagine the style would be more attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    A weird thing to say. He has took wooden Spooners into the playoffs. I also think brown really turned us around as a club and made us contenders.

The style of play was governed by the playing roster. Signing fullbacks as halfbacks.

Fair comment about our current team, and let’s not forget We’ve got one of the Leagues best FB playing at standoff at the moment and he’s killing it....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post

If you remember he never completed his contract last time.

Got A Season Ticket

All a bit cryptic, not Brown, but also sounds like the appointment may already have been made....

“Saints, currently preparing for Saturday’s Challenge Cup final, have begun the search for a successor to head coach Justin Holbrook for 2020 but chief executive Mike Rush says no contact was made with Brown during his recent visit to Australia.

“We’ve done our interviews and Browny wasn’t one of them,” said Rush. “At the time I was over there, Nathan was in a job.””
    ““As long as the person who’s getting the job knows, there’s no need to talk about it during the season,” he said.

“We’ll make the announcement when the time is right for us. That could be the end of the season or, if we think there’s a need to do it sooner, we’ll do it sooner.

“But we’re not being driven by a time frame. We have our own way of doing things. We’re ongoing with what we need to do. People expect confidentiality.””

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...-recap-3228784

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Fair comment about our current team, and let’s not forget We’ve got one of the Leagues best FB playing at standoff at the moment and he’s killing it....
    For me, he is also the league's best stand off. Pity there is only one of him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    All a bit cryptic, not Brown, but also sounds like the appointment may already have been made....

“Saints, currently preparing for Saturday’s Challenge Cup final, have begun the search for a successor to head coach Justin Holbrook for 2020 but chief executive Mike Rush says no contact was made with Brown during his recent visit to Australia.

“We’ve done our interviews and Browny wasn’t one of them,” said Rush. “At the time I was over there, Nathan was in a job.””
    ““As long as the person who’s getting the job knows, there’s no need to talk about it during the season,” he said.

“We’ll make the announcement when the time is right for us. That could be the end of the season or, if we think there’s a need to do it sooner, we’ll do it sooner.

“But we’re not being driven by a time frame. We have our own way of doing things. We’re ongoing with what we need to do. People expect confidentiality.””

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...-recap-3228784
    "the club will not rush to make an appointment.

“As long as the person who’s getting the job knows, there’s no need to talk about it during the season,”"

A couple of mixed messages there.

Got A Season Ticket

The journalists on NRL 360 mentioned Mike Rush being over and talking to Brown, but then said there was no “legs to the story”. With regards to the Newcastle job they seem to think Craig Fitzgibbon and Adam O’Brien are front runners but doubt Fitzy would leave Roosters - great mates with owners and just signed 3 yr deal with them.