Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Disciplinary

Default Disciplinary

http://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_d...%20August.docx

Aaron Smith has received a 2 match ban following the game against Leeds so here’s hoping that Roby was being rested rather than carrying an injury. The other players whose actions were reviewed were deemed to have no case to answer, ie Naiqama, Bentley and Amor.

Got A Season Ticket

What did Smith do and to whom? I can't recollect anything so serious happening so must have missed it.

He tackled Jack Walker just after half time (exactly 42 minutes). Standard tackle, so much so that the coverage cut to a close up of Lomax before it was fully complete. When it went back to live play Walker walked away a touch gingerly but there was no indication of foul play from the players, the ref or the touch judge that was looking right at the tackle and subsequent play the ball

The Rfl must have access to different footage as there was nothing in the SKY footage that would warrant a charge

Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar

He was 3rd man in and just clasped both arms around Walker's lower legs from behind. Looked utterly innocuous to me. I'd say the same whoever it was or who he played for. I've seen far worse go unpunnished. It suggests they felt once gripped he then deliberately twisted them risking causing injury but seems very, very harsh to me. Wonder if they'll appeal. I've not seen that much of the lad granted, but he doesn't strike me as that sort of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    He was 3rd man in and just clasped both arms around Walker's lower legs from behind. Looked utterly innocuous to me. I'd say the same whoever it was or who he played for. I've seen far worse go unpunnished. It suggests they felt once gripped he then deliberately twisted them risking causing injury but seems very, very harsh to me. Wonder if they'll appeal. I've not seen that much of the lad granted, but he doesn't strike me as that sort of player.
    Kenny Edwards nothing , Chris hill nothing , Joe Shorrocks on fifita nothing.

Smith 2 matches. Really.

In The South Stand

Was Paul Cullen on the panel this week?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

About a minute after that incident Dwyer kicks through and Welsby races in to pick up the ball before being tackled by Dwyer, Donaldson comes in second man and flops onto the back of the head and neck of Welsby suprised that didn't get picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Kenny Edwards nothing , Chris hill nothing , Joe Shorrocks on fifita nothing.

Smith 2 matches. Really.
    Just beyond the joke isn't it. No wonder they get so much ridicule on social media and it's always frustration at the glaring inconsistencies.

Starting A Programme Collection

U don’t expect anything else from corrupt committee. Do as they please we can’t fight corruption...

Starting A Programme Collection

But he plays for warrington a dirty team to start with. It was on the cards that a saints player would be banned from challenge cup. 2 young players last week.our young players are not dirty, but for gods sake they play for saints. Thought they would have tried to get 2 players out. ..

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    About a minute after that incident Dwyer kicks through and Welsby races in to pick up the ball before being tackled by Dwyer, Donaldson comes in second man and flops onto the back of the head and neck of Welsby suprised that didn't get picked up.
    I’m not

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

At least common sense prevailed regarding Amor’s ‘collision’ with the ref.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Is it for a cannonball tackle, which there doesn't look much in. Or is it the tackle before where it looks like he wraps his legs around Walker?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Is it for a cannonball tackle, which there doesn't look much in. Or is it the tackle before where it looks like he wraps his legs around Walker?
    Dangerous contact in the 42nd minute

‘Defender uses any part of his body forcefully to twist, bend or otherwise apply pressure to the limb or limbs of an opposing player in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player.’

Watching it back he comes in as 3rd man to wrap up the legs and as he falls he rolls onto his back still with hold of the players legs. Can’t see any other tackles it could be near that time. If it definitely is that tackle then a ban is an absolute joke. Nothing in it whatsoever.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Dangerous contact in the 42nd minute

‘Defender uses any part of his body forcefully to twist, bend or otherwise apply pressure to the limb or limbs of an opposing player in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player.’

Watching it back he comes in as 3rd man to wrap up the legs and as he falls he rolls onto his back still with hold of the players legs. Can’t see any other tackles it could be near that time. If it definitely is that tackle then a ban is an absolute joke. Nothing in it whatsoever.
    It looks like it was one tackle before the one you are referring to.
    Smith tackles Walker around the shoulders, gets spun around and his momentum lands him on the back of Walkers leg.
    Admittedly it could have ended in a nasty injury, but it was accidental and unintentional

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    It looks like it was one tackle before the one you are referring to.
    Smith tackles Walker around the shoulders, gets spun around and his momentum lands him on the back of Walkers leg.
    Admittedly it could have ended in a nasty injury, but it was accidental and unintentional
    It surely can't be that one. As you say, he tackles him fairly around the torso and falls backwards on his bended legs purely out of the attackers momentum without having any chance of controlling where he ended up. That was definitely a 100% clean, fair tackle. The MRP minutes say "Defender uses any part of his body forcefully to twist, bend or otherwise apply pressure to the limb or limbs ....", so I'm sure they mean the one after, but like I've already said above, it's a baffling ruling imo.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

It looks like it's the second tackle of those 2 but it cuts to another clip so you don't see the end of that tackle. Something must have happened in the section we can't see, my guess he's kept hold of the legs and twisted out. The RFL will probably have the full footage without the cutaways. Without seeing that section it looks really harsh, borderline bent. The games on its arse if players are being banned for that and I'm not just saying it because he's a saints player, I had the same opinion for the wire Catalan disciplinary. I don't think he would have made Wembley but it's still harsh on the kid.

That’s right, you don’t see the full tackle on SKY, it cuts to a close up of Lomax who has just been hit late by Myler on our last set

That’s assuming they have the Leeds player correct in the report as Smith does make another tackle immediately after where Walker is walking gingerly in back-play. The second tackle is fine though, he just holds both legs but with no twisting