Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100

Thread: Wembley tickets

  1. #76
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stroger View Post
    Mancunian Saint - how about Belle Vue Rangers as a Manchester professional rugby league team?
    I was thinking of the burnage buccaneers or the moston marauders lol

  2. #77
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Laffak
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Ha!

  3. #78
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    And the belle vue rangers are NOT a Manchester team, they were formed and based in Salford, which is a separate city altogether, yes they played in Manchester now, but not formed there

  4. #79
    Sheep in Wolfs clothing
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    We've also got the only other team that will be supporting Saints on the day in Widnes in our end..

    Most of the other neutrals will be supporting wire
    Not so sure...when Widnes went through difficulties, it was Doc Marwan, Simon Moran and Warrington Wolves and most importantly the Widnes public that helped out. Widnes folk dont have short memories.

  5. #80
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Not so sure...when Widnes went through difficulties, it was Doc Marwan, Simon Moran and Warrington Wolves and most importantly the Widnes public that helped out. Widnes folk dont have short memories.
    Ah right, you're the saviours of modern RL now? Do one you tadge piece.

  6. #81
    Sheep in Wolfs clothing
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Don't believe everything you see on the RFL website. I tried to book four tickets together last night and the only place I could find at my price was just above the ring of indifference on the side opposite the entrance (except for the very top tier which I will never sit in again after experiencing it in 2008!). However, something went wrong when I was booking and I had no idea whether I had booked the seats or paid for them twice or what so I called the RFL today. Turns out someone else had snuck in and booked them as I was faffing around but I got much better seats (or better for the children I'm taking) 30 rows up from the front for the same price, four together, in a block that on the website says sold out.
    Yes this is true. There are blocks that will show sold out on the rfl site but this is because these sales are solely controlled by that allocated club or by ticket selling companies like See tickets.
    Some blocks you also can't click on as these are not released for sale just yet.
    We know this at Warrington now...there's no point in urgency buying.

  7. #82
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Plausible reasons for Wire slower sale rate.
    The end Wire have has a deeper seating plan behind the sticks.
    Wire tickets from the stadium only went on general sale yesterday.
    Upto 1.5k of fans heading to Catalan
    Wire understand to ticketing system and the excitement of trying to get seats is passed us, I can except Saints fan will be eager because it is an exciting period for you.

    A combination of all these will give us a slow start...but like you guys well be there in numbers and its likely to be a big crowd.
    You lot having traveling problems?

    Yesterday it was 2k to France now "it's up to 1.5k".

  8. #83
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You lot having traveling problems?

    Yesterday it was 2k to France now "it's up to 1.5k".
    Next thing you know.


  9. #84
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,880
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    We know this at Warrington now...there's no point in urgency buying.
    Wow, this guy has been to a handful of finals

  10. #85
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Wow, this guy has been to a handful of finals
    I doubt he's ever even been to the HJ
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  11. #86
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Saints:

    RFL Championship / Super League 13 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014
    Challenge Cup 12 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
    World Club Challenge 2 2001, 2007
    Other titles

    Competition Wins Years won
    League Leader's Shield 7 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018
    Premiership 4 1975–76, 1976–77, 1984–85, 1992–93
    League Cup 1 1987–88
    BBC2 Floodlit Trophy 2 1971–72, 1975–76
    RFL Lancashire League 9 1929–30, 1931–32, 1952–53, 1959–60, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1965–66, 1966–67, 1968–69
    RFL Lancashire Cup 11 1926–27, 1953–54, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1962–63, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1967–68, 1968–69, 1984–85, 1991–92
    Charity Shield 1 1992–93

  12. #87
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Warrington:

    RFL Championship / Super League 3 1947–48, 1953–54, 1954–55
    Challenge Cup 8 1904–05, 1906–07, 1949–50, 1953–54, 1973–74, 2009, 2010, 2012
    Other titles

    Competition Wins Years won
    League Leader's Shield 2 2011, 2016
    Premiership 2 1973–74, 1985–86
    League Cup 4 1973–74, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1990-91
    ITV Floodlit Trophy 1 1955–56
    RFL Lancashire League 8 1937–38, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1955–56, 1967-68
    RFL Lancashire Cup 9 1921–22, 1929–30, 1932–33, 1937–38, 1959–60, 1965–66, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1989–90

  13. #88
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,411
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We really need to take the league cup more seriously...

  14. #89
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Litherland
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks for the Wire honours list Angry Dave. I had no idea they'd won that much. Some of it is even post decimalisation but not much.

  15. #90
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Warrington:

    RFL Championship / Super League 3 1947–48, 1953–54, 1954–55
    Challenge Cup 8 1904–05, 1906–07, 1949–50, 1953–54, 1973–74, 2009, 2010, 2012
    Other titles

    Competition Wins Years won
    League Leader's Shield 2 2011, 2016
    Premiership 2 1973–74, 1985–86
    League Cup 4 1973–74, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1990-91
    ITV Floodlit Trophy 1 1955–56
    RFL Lancashire League 8 1937–38, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1955–56, 1967-68
    RFL Lancashire Cup 9 1921–22, 1929–30, 1932–33, 1937–38, 1959–60, 1965–66, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1989–90
    I really think you are being unfair to the "cup kings" you missed out their momentous 4 - 0victory over Featherstone, 1974, in the Captain Morgan Trophy (they are still the current holders too)

  16. #91
    Sheep in Wolfs clothing
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Saints:

    RFL Championship / Super League 13 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014
    Challenge Cup 12 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
    World Club Challenge 2 2001, 2007
    Other titles

    Competition Wins Years won
    League Leader's Shield 7 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018
    Premiership 4 1975–76, 1976–77, 1984–85, 1992–93
    League Cup 1 1987–88
    BBC2 Floodlit Trophy 2 1971–72, 1975–76
    RFL Lancashire League 9 1929–30, 1931–32, 1952–53, 1959–60, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1965–66, 1966–67, 1968–69
    RFL Lancashire Cup 11 1926–27, 1953–54, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1962–63, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1967–68, 1968–69, 1984–85, 1991–92
    Charity Shield 1 1992–93
    That's impressive...
    You missed this out though..
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1902...ns_RLFC_season

  17. #92
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    That's impressive...
    You missed this out though..
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1902...ns_RLFC_season
    Go and bore someone else.

  18. #93
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    There are tickets available from Leigh in the saints end. They are half price. I have purchased 4 x £30 category for £15 each in block 545

    https://www.venuetoolbox.com/LeighSportsVillage/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={90629B30-39C5-4D1A-A97F-812C2A27F884}&homeArea=home

  19. #94
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny nuckles View Post
    There are tickets available from Leigh in the saints end. They are half price. I have purchased 4 x £30 category for £15 each in block 545

    https://www.venuetoolbox.com/LeighSportsVillage/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={90629B30-39C5-4D1A-A97F-812C2A27F884}&homeArea=home
    Does seem strange that the Wembley Stadium plan on the official ticket site shows this block as being sold out, yet you can go on the Leigh event site and choose your own seat from this only half sold block for £15.00. Also on looking at the official site most of the upper tiers in the South Stand aren't even up for sale, so it looks like 65,000-70,000 at the most, sad really, when you think that years ago it was such a big event

  20. #95
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Does seem strange that the Wembley Stadium plan on the official ticket site shows this block as being sold out, yet you can go on the Leigh event site and choose your own seat from this only half sold block for £15.00. Also on looking at the official site most of the upper tiers in the South Stand aren't even up for sale, so it looks like 65,000-70,000 at the most, sad really, when you think that years ago it was such a big event
    I assume they are waiting for the rest of the stadium to sell out maybe before they consider opening that upper tier of the south stand.

  21. #96
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Does seem strange that the Wembley Stadium plan on the official ticket site shows this block as being sold out, yet you can go on the Leigh event site and choose your own seat from this only half sold block for £15.00. Also on looking at the official site most of the upper tiers in the South Stand aren't even up for sale, so it looks like 65,000-70,000 at the most, sad really, when you think that years ago it was such a big event
    The pre Nigel Wood years https://youtu.be/m_t9h-veTJM granted it was the new Wembley novelty but it did also have catalans involved.

  22. #97
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny nuckles View Post
    The pre Nigel Wood years https://youtu.be/m_t9h-veTJM granted it was the new Wembley novelty but it did also have catalans involved.
    There were sθveral hundred Catalan supporters (real ones) marching around central London on the Saturday morning that day with banners and trumpets Really great atmosphere. We had a drink with a couple of them, really nice blokes, apparently the club had put a special train on as far as the channel and then boat and coach to central London, just about a forty eight hour journey,a really slow train apparently By sheer chance they were picked up on the big screen at Wembley crying their eyes out because the male voice choir has especially learned the Catalan national anthem. A million miles away from last Saturday's fiasco

  23. #98
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    off dunriding lane
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Does anyone know how many tickets we have sold?

  24. #99
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,411
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    Does anyone know how many tickets we have sold?
    Can't be many or there would have been a PR release about it.

  25. #100
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Can't be many or there would have been a PR release about it.
    What a load of crap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •