Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 1895 Final

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Default 1895 Final

Widnes v Sheffield.

It would have been an interesting game as a curtain raiser but I cant see the point in playing afterwards.

I wonder what the coach firms will do.

Will they leave after the main celebrations or assume passengers want to stay on for the other game.

It's not nice losing at Wembley ( heaven forbid) never mind having to hang on another couple of hour afterwards.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Widnes v Sheffield.

It would have been an interesting game as a curtain raiser but I cant see the point in playing afterwards.

I wonder what the coach firms will do.

Will they leave after the main celebrations or assume passengers want to stay on for the other game.

It's not nice losing at Wembley ( heaven forbid) never mind having to hang on another couple of hour afterwards.
    Would have been better before but I guess the TV requirements were the issue

I think coaches will leave after first game, will be less there to see the second game

Will be a late journey home for those at the second match

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

We’ll certainly have some more support now too with Widnes being there.
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Absolutely delighted for Widnes after what they have been through this year especially for Chris Deans dad and Harrison Hansen.

I wonder how Beaumont is feeling after trying to buy his way to the final, especially as it's his company that are sponsoring it. Will he bail out again and leave Leigh in even more financial peril?

Banned

Who cares? It’s a Mickey Mouse game that means nothing.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Anything that creates a chance for success for lower league teams is a good thing, we have enough knockers outside of our game, SL needs other clubs to come through to enhance our competition. Mono cultures create deserts.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Anything that creates a chance for success for lower league teams is a good thing, we have enough knockers outside of our game, SL needs other clubs to come through to enhance our competition. Mono cultures create deserts.
    Completely agree, just because you don't come from St Helens and you support your own home team doesn't make you a lesser supporter of Rugby League in general. There's always been a good relationship between Saints and Widnes ever since the days of Karalius, Frank Myler and co playing for us . I hope it Isnt t a Mickey Mouse game to the Widnes fans and they have a good day out shouting for us in their curtain raiser

Learning All The Songs

The question related mainly to the coaches.

If you're going to book a coach it would be handy to know what time its leaving.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Completely agree, just because you don't come from St Helens and you support your own home team doesn't make you a lesser supporter of Rugby League in general. There's always been a good relationship between Saints and Widnes ever since the days of Karalius, Frank Myler and co playing for us . I hope it Isnt t a Mickey Mouse game to the Widnes fans and they have a good day out shouting for us in their curtain raiser
    We certainly don't need them shouting for us and it is a nothing game. That's not being negative it's just being truthful. The RFL have used as a way to get a few extra fans through the gates.

Learning All The Songs

I'm sure the players and fans of Sheffield and Widnes won't see it as a nothing final

Learning All The Songs

Again, who cares? Just ask the coach driver or the company. Or drive. Or fly. Or go on a bloody skateboard.
    People who are going on coaches care, I have emailed a couple of companies and I am waiting for replies but maybe some one on here already knows and is willing to share information.

It's called sharing information it's what grown ups do.

Banned

It's a sad indictment of our game that the RFL are so scared that one of the two showpiece events in our calendar won't sell out that they've added a second game to the bill.

(although ironically I think Saints-Wire should actually sell out)

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It'll matter to a lot of Widnes fans and Sheffield, much as the Football League Trophy matters to lower league football clubs. The fact it doesn't matter to you is irrelevant. I have friends involved at Widnes and know they will be absolutely delighted and won't give a toss about your negativity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Would have been better before but I guess the TV requirements were the issue

I think coaches will leave after first game, will be less there to see the second game

Will be a late journey home for those at the second match
    National Express are runing a coach from town that leaves after the 1895 final

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    National Express are runing a coach from town that leaves after the 1895 final

Thanks for the info.

I've had an email from Ellison's coaches, they aren't doing a Wembley trip due to other committments.

I also received an email from Debbie at Hatton's coaches, they supply Saints so their coaches need to be booked through Saints.

Saints phones are understandably busy today, they show the coach details on their website, but the website only takes a coach booking if it's with match tickets.

If any one has booked a coach with Saints it would be interesting to know what time they are returning.

btw if anyone is feeling flush you can fly from Manchester to Heathrow and back on the day for about £350 each return