Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Points Payback ?

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Points Payback ?

Saints may be accused, in some quarters, of gifting London Bronchos two competition points by fielding a weakened team, with of course one eye on the semi-final, thus adding to the woes of the Leeds Rhinos and the predicament that find themselves in at the wrong end of the table.

Will Saints be ‘handing back’ the two points to the Rhinos the week before the CC Final, irony eh!

Learning All The Songs

Must admit I'm fifty fifty on this. Twice this season we've tested quite a few at the same time and twice we've been fairly poor afterwards. I can't help but wonder if staggering the rest between now and then would be better and then resting in bulk after the final ready for the final push to the play offs.

Week before Wembley, no matter who we are playing we should go full tilt.

If a player gets injured its unfortunate but we will cope. It happened in 1972 when Tony Karalius and Eric Prescot both got injured at Bradford. Not only did we cope, we won.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Rest any major knocks against Wakey.

Complete A team against Wire.

Full squad against Leeds (and give it to them).

In The West Stand

Assuming both Saints and Warrington win next week, Saints can confirm the LLS in the match away at Warrington the week after. Everything after that is about keeping form and preparing for the final/ playoffs.

That being said, I think it would be funny to play everyone against Leeds just for the angst of their fans

I think the mass resting of players can finish now. Odd ones with niggles, yes. They’ve all had time off on the beach etc, time to knuckle down now - less than 10 games to go

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

IMO It's good to have a a fairly hard game the week before a big one. Providing we don't pick up injuries nothing like being battle hardened. As other have said most if not all have recently had a break.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Assuming both Saints and Warrington win next week, Saints can confirm the LLS in the match away at Warrington the week after. Everything after that is about keeping form and preparing for the final/ playoffs.

That being said, I think it would be funny to play everyone against Leeds just for the angst of their fans
    Warrington will struggle at Catalan I reckon - the week after the semi and the inevitable fatigue.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

We've got 3 weeks after Wembley before the play offs where we can rest and rotate. Head full steam ahead for Wembley the next 3 weeks resting knocks if necessary but not just for the sake of it. I'd also like to send a full team to Leeds and smash them, just to wind up their fans even more.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think the mass resting of players can finish now. Odd ones with niggles, yes. They’ve all had time off on the beach etc, time to knuckle down now - less than 10 games to go
    Yes I agree after the Wakey game next week only rest the ones with niggly injuries we need some settled structure now to build up a stronger sense of confidence. We get a week off in about 7 weeks time anyway in the first round of the play offs.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Yes I agree after the Wakey game next week only rest the ones with niggly injuries we need some settled structure now to build up a stronger sense of confidence. We get a week off in about 7 weeks time anyway in the first round of the play offs.

Subtle rotation rather than mass swapping

I'd be tempted to rest a few Friday & then go full tilt from next week

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    We've got 3 weeks after Wembley before the play offs where we can rest and rotate. Head full steam ahead for Wembley the next 3 weeks resting knocks if necessary but not just for the sake of it. I'd also like to send a full team to Leeds and smash them, just to wind up their fans even more.
    It's a tricky one. Every player has had a week off now and we've still got Coote, Taia and Knowles to come back from injury so will need game time before by Wenbley if fit.

The worry is by resting too many again we lose all momentum and form. I think we'll see subtle rotation over the next few weeks, with us possibly resting a few key players like Lomax, Roby and Walmsley at Leedsto ensure they're fit for Wembley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

I hope we hammer Leeds.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Spot on Sean.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

I would go strong team v Wakey get a win and hope Wire lose v Catalans on Saturday. We have then won the league.
    If we have won, then rest any niggles v Wire and play fringe players. Play a full team v Leeds (other than niggles) ready for final.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Head full steam ahead for Wembley the next 3 weeks resting knocks if necessary but not just for the sake of it. I'd also like to send a full team to Leeds and smash them, just to wind up their fans even more.
    Well said.

Got A Season Ticket

The very thought of playing a weak team against Leeds and giving them 2 points is a total no no. No mercy to the Whinos

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    The very thought of playing a weak team against Leeds and giving them 2 points is a total no no. No mercy to the Whinos

Don't play a weakened team, but feel free to rotate your first team squad

Banned

Reports all say yes.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I hope we hammer Leeds.
    Agreed we have historic rivalry with Leeds so let's punish them while we can.

I also agree with the previous comments about getting some momentum , we stuttered last sat.
    Nows the time to crack on