Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Paulo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Let's hope you live in an affluent neighbourhood whose residents enjoy drinking
    I found out yesterday that one of my neighbours is one of the richest men in Holland, who happens to own a Jenever (Dutch gin) distillery.

In The South Stand

I think too many people are taking it for granted that Saints are going to be at Old Trafford.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I think too many people are taking it for granted that Saints are going to be at Old Trafford.
    What makes you say that?

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Been waiting for Paulo to do something all season. 1 or 2 games he made a couple of useful contributions bringing on the back line, but that was it. My concern is the length of his contract potentially failing to allow us to make other signings.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Been waiting for Paulo to do something all season. 1 or 2 games he made a couple of useful contributions bringing on the back line, but that was it. My concern is the length of his contract potentially failing to allow us to make other signings.
    How long is his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I think we will get there and lose.

If we lose 2 home games on the bounce then something really is up. My concern is losing the first one to Wigan & then Wire rocking up in the eliminator. Wire have us boxed off in crunch games

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I found out yesterday that one of my neighbours is one of the richest men in Holland, who happens to own a Jenever (Dutch gin) distillery.
    fancy a house swap?

Banned

fancy a house swap?
    I would happily come back home at the moment. Jenever isn't very nice either, it tastes like gin mixed with petrol.

Anyway, back to the topic, Paulo is garbage and I hope we can palm him off on someone.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I would happily come back home at the moment. Jenever isn't very nice either, it tastes like gin mixed with petrol.

Anyway, back to the topic, Paulo is garbage and I hope we can palm him off on someone.
    Sounds nasty

I agree, I simply don't see that he brings enough to take up a quota spot, and probably on a decent wage too. Holbrook must have wanted hi though and knows he's going so maybe feels he has to justify this by playing him. The next coach may not feel the same, same situation as Matty Smith perhaps?

Banned

Sounds nasty

I agree, I simply don't see that he brings enough to take up a quota spot, and probably on a decent wage too. Holbrook must have wanted hi though and knows he's going so maybe feels he has to justify this by playing him. The next coach may not feel the same, same situation as Matty Smith perhaps?
    Yeah, Holbrook hasn’t made many mistakes but that’s certainly one of them. He’s not the first and won’t be the last import not to impress.

It’s not actually that bad when mixed. These animals drink it straight though.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I tend to agree based on the last month or so. Bentley is versatile enough to cover hooker, back row and even centre and will be more useful in the tough play off games on greasy pitches
    Bentley has looked very promising the second half of this year every time he has had a go. Absolute grafter, solid in contact, does lots of things very well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Bentley has looked very promising the second half of this year every time he has had a go. Absolute grafter, solid in contact, does lots of things very well
    He needs to play more and I think he’ll get even better. I wonder if he could take over from Taia and use him off the bench.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Other teams in SL have been able to see him first hand, so "Palm him off" is what we would need to do. I bet if he goes we end up paying part of his salary.

He needs to play more and I think he’ll get even better. I wonder if he could take over from Taia and use him off the bench.
    Re Bentley, I am still not convinced he is big enough for a regular SR spot, but I would have in my 17 any time. Not many that can cover centre, hooker, SR, and 13 as well as he does.
    "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Other teams in SL have been able to see him first hand, so "Palm him off" is what we would need to do. I bet if he goes we end up paying part of his salary.

Re Bentley, I am still not convinced he is big enough for a regular SR spot, but I would have in my 17 any time. Not many that can cover centre, hooker, SR, and 13 as well as he does.
    "
    The same was said about Bateman. I agree if he was stone heavier he would be excellent but he’s let no one down and still plays above his weight. He has a bit of dog about him too.

Are you in Antwerp next weekend, I might be in town.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

How long is his contract?
    Thought it said somewhere on the forum he had a 3 year contract. Hope I'm wrong.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Banned

Thought it said somewhere on the forum he had a 3 year contract. Hope I'm wrong.
    That’s what I thought. I bet he’s on a few quid too the big dope.

Learning All The Songs

That’s what I thought. I bet he’s on a few quid too the big dope.
    Please can he get a nice, friendly bout of homesickness so we can mutually agree to release him from his contract, and use the money we are paying the donkey elsewhere, where we may need it, like another big prop.

Starting A Programme Collection

The same was said about Bateman. I agree if he was stone heavier he would be excellent but he’s let no one down and still plays above his weight. He has a bit of dog about him too.

Bateman has the ferocity, tenacity and down right naked aggression in him to make him a great SL/NRL level 2nd row but even he falls down on size in the International Game. Bentley doesn't have that in him yet but it's probably what he'd need to succeed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think he needs a bit more height rather than weight. Re Antwerp, Sorry mate I am in the UK now, heading to Spain tomorrow then on to the Maldives next Friday.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Bateman has the ferocity, tenacity and down right naked aggression in him to make him a great SL/NRL level 2nd row but even he falls down on size in the International Game. Bentley doesn't have that in him yet but it's probably what he'd need to succeed.
    Agree with the Bateman statement he lacks a bit of weight but would bulking up affect his mobility? He would have overdosed on maxi-muscle and other not so legal products a few years ago if he was going down that route.
    In my eyes Bentley is a very similar build to Andy Platt at that age, he also tackles like Platty did when he first came to prominence.
    Andy`s running game only came to the fore when Murph moved him to prop, I think it was Widnes New Years day the first time at senior level, the extra second row pace had Sorenson and them other almost unpronounceable named boys (Joe Grima) struggling with his footwork before contact. He became a complete forward from then onwards. Hope James progresses the same way keep it up young fella.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 9th September 2019 at 17:27. Reason: spelling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think he needs a bit more height rather than weight. Re Antwerp, Sorry mate I am in the UK now, heading to Spain tomorrow then on to the Maldives next Friday.
    Oh well •••• you, I was going to take you out on the back of Mr Exxon but you're probably holidaying with him instead. Have a nice time mate.

Banned

Agree with this. People still obsess about size when the game has moved on. If it was about chunks who look like popeye then Ashworth would be tearing it up. Reality is Bentley has a ton of fight in him and is willing to put himself about. If he emulates Bateman the we’ll have a top player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Agree with this. People still obsess about size when the game has moved on. If it was about chunks who look like popeye then Ashworth would be tearing it up. Reality is Bentley has a ton of fight in him and is willing to put himself about. If he emulates Bateman the we’ll have a top player.
    I reckon Bentley would knock Ashworth into the middle of next week in a square go.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 9th September 2019 at 22:46. Reason: RG wearing cycling shorts

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I always thought we got the wrong Paulo. Need to tippex the contract and amend it to Junior Paulo.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Sorry lads don't agree I think he has just taken longer to settle and will prove to be a good signing.
    Learned comment from The Don