Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/r...griffiths.html

According to this site, he’s refereed several SL games already this season so you can’t put down his demeanour to first night nerves. One instance that summed him up to me was when he gave a penalty against Fifita under our posts; Fifita got up and remonstrated that his hair had been pulled. Any firm referee would have moved the penalty 10 metres but Griffiths did nothing. Brough then came over and was obviously told to go away but, as Richardson was shaping to kick to touch Brough stuck out his foot at the ball, causing Richardson to fumble it. Rather than march Wakefield 10 metres upfield, the referee merely told Richardson to get on with the kick. Such lack of incisiveness merely gives the players open licence to carry on moaning about decisions rather than getting on with the game.
Agreed, but the refs try to keep the game flowing, if they blew for everything it would be penalty after penalty. I'm ok with this but not sure others would be
Make a penalty worth 3 points, then the risk is greater

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
Tickled me when he kept on telling our lads to get up whilst flicking his arms up and down and shouting "up" , all well and good but with Fifita using you as a mattress
I hate the ball carrier messing around at the PTB it ruins it, they are just trying to win a penalty, not saying this happened here, but it's why refs are never quite sure who is the one messing around
If they ignore antics they should stop as all that happens is the PTB is even slower