Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: George Burgess to Wigan?

  1. #1
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,031
    Rep Power
    9

    Default George Burgess to Wigan?

    Hearing this has got some legs
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Is he the second best one? I always get confused.

  3. #3
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Is he the second best one? I always get confused.
    Third best.

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Third best.
    Thanks. Probably still an improvement on the rubbish they have.

  5. #5
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,542
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hearing this has got some legs
    Surely just agents trying to get him a better NRL offer. Unless he's got a burning desire to come back to England, I really can't see why he'd come back to sign for that trash when they're downsizing and cutting back on spending in every department. He'd 'defo signed' for Warrington a month ago as well.

  6. #6
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Surely just agents trying to get him a better NRL offer. Unless he's got a burning desire to come back to England, I really can't see why he'd come back to sign for that trash when they're downsizing and cutting back on spending in every department. He'd 'defo signed' for Warrington a month ago as well.
    I agree
    Posted by paulscnthorpe
    Thompson made more metres than Isa, clubb, Byrne, partington, o loughlin, Powell and flower combined

    Posted by SaintJon
    And he only played 50 minutes...

  7. #7
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,031
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Surely just agents trying to get him a better NRL offer. Unless he's got a burning desire to come back to England, I really can't see why he'd come back to sign for that trash when they're downsizing and cutting back on spending in every department. He'd 'defo signed' for Warrington a month ago as well.
    There's an offer from Paramatta on the table as well. There's s few Wiganers who I know who are confident he'll sign for them
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  8. #8
    In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,987
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Would easily be one of the best props in super league. Unless anyone is using a marquee spot on him and a sizeable package at that I can’t see anyone beating NRL money.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  9. #9
    Starting A Programme Collection Mike Stephenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Would easily be one of the best props in super league. Unless anyone is using a marquee spot on him and a sizeable package at that I can’t see anyone beating NRL money.
    He has the ability to be, but he's been poor in the NRL for a couple seasons now and that's why Souths aren't offering him a new deal. It's a shame because thinking back to how he played in the 2013 World Cup, I thought he'd go on and rival Sam as the best of the brothers. He just seems to struggle to keep hold of the ball in contact.

    Also, what he did to his former team mate Robbie Farah the other week, was distasteful.

    Finding his best form again in our competition may be a good thing for him, but who knows if he'll come?

    Regards,

    STEVO

  10. #10
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,118
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    He has the ability to be, but he's been poor in the NRL for a couple seasons now and that's why Souths aren't offering him a new deal. It's a shame because thinking back to how he played in the 2013 World Cup, I thought he'd go on and rival Sam as the best of the brothers. He just seems to struggle to keep hold of the ball in contact.

    Also, what he did to his former team mate Robbie Farah the other week, was distasteful.

    Finding his best form again in our competition may be a good thing for him, but who knows if he'll come?

    Regards,

    STEVO
    Spot on. Been shit for a while for Souths.

  11. #11
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Spot on. Been shit for a while for Souths.
    But would rip up Superleague good player MASSIVE in size just what the Pie Eaters have not got? Will take a lot of Lenagans personal money to get him though as the club can't afford him. Big Gamble

  12. #12
    Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    385
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Is he the eye gouger ?

  13. #13
    In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,905
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Is he the eye gouger ?
    Yep, he will fit into their culture seamlessly

  14. #14
    In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,003
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Would easily be one of the best props in super league. Unless anyone is using a marquee spot on him and a sizeable package at that I can’t see anyone beating NRL money.
    That’s exactly what Wigan are doing reportedly.
    This article states that Burgess’ value halved after his recent ban and Wigan are offering him a lengthy marquee deal.

    He fell completely out of form a couple of seasons ago, he’s slowly got some form back then got slapped with a lengthy ban for another eye gouge. Can see him going well over here and it would be good to have a biggish name back in super league but I wouldn’t have him over any of our front rowers in Thompson or Walmsley

  15. #15
    Got A Season Ticket MickeyMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Penalty machine and in possession of the worst rag hands since Les Jones (one for the kids there).
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

  16. #16
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Surprised they haven't tried to sign Jack De Belin yet.

  17. #17
    Got A Season Ticket scrogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This could be an interesting signing- definitely potential to be up there with the best props in Superleague, but would have to have a major uplift in his form from the last few seasons to do that.
    More likely this would bite them on the a**e, he would continue giving away stupid penalties and would almost certainly end up banned for periods through his inability to control his thug mentality. The new ‘wrecking ball’. Ideal fit for the pies really.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    In The South Stand 49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,624
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think he might gouge out a good few years here. Wigan ideal for that..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

  19. #19
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    WA10
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMo View Post
    Penalty machine and in possession of the worst rag hands since Les Jones (one for the kids there).
    I liked Les JONES as a kid. Fast winger but unfortunately couldn't catch. Used to turn at the ground wearing glasses like Hans Moleman

  20. #20
    Got A Replica Shirt Fatty Vautin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I read somewhere that George has trouble training regularly due to injury.

  21. #21
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,544
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Surprised they haven't tried to sign Jack De Belin yet.
    Joint swoop for Hayne as well.

    Perfect for the piescum culture.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  22. #22
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rainhill
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    He would be a decent signing for Wigan. They have struggled in the prop area.

  23. #23
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    That’s exactly what Wigan are doing reportedly.
    This article states that Burgess’ value halved after his recent ban and Wigan are offering him a lengthy marquee deal.

    He fell completely out of form a couple of seasons ago, he’s slowly got some form back then got slapped with a lengthy ban for another eye gouge. Can see him going well over here and it would be good to have a biggish name back in super league but I wouldn’t have him over any of our front rowers in Thompson or Walmsley
    Wouldn't mind him playing a/s big Al & Thommo tho'

  24. #24
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Eye gouger signs for the pies for 3 yrs

  25. #25
    Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Normanton, West Yorkshire
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,136
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Big pudding. Hands like cows tits
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •