Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Maloney

Got A Season Ticket

Default James Maloney

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/ar...l-be-a-dragon/

Signed with Catalans from 2020 on a three year contract.

Still a very good player, despite his age. Could they finally win a Super League trophy with him guiding them around the field?

Got A Season Ticket

Quality coup. But not enough for Catalans to win anything imo.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He is an excellent player, if he had gone to Wigan or Leeds he would have turned them into Grand Final winners.

I think at Catalan it's sometimes too much of a holiday attitude

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quality player. I think it’s only a matter of time for it to properly click at Catalans and they become a real title challenger. They are still woefully inconsistent but with some of the players they are now attracting I feel like they are on the verge of really making that step up in the coming years.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Maloney wont help them win a title, he's too inconsistent himself. In a single game he can go from an inch perfect kick to a hail mary interception pass.
    Gives 100% every game but is one of the most penalized players in the NRL and prone to errors at crucial times.

Got A Season Ticket

On another note, it's great to see Leeds missing out on another reported transfer target.

Think Matty Smith might be short of a club. I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing for them in the championship.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

He's the most penalised player in the NRL and the way he talks to officials over here wont endear him to English refs.

He also topped the table in missed tackles for the last 2 years, he's a good midfield General but can be a huge liability without the ball

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

He’s also the current NSW half back. Let’s not kid ourselves here, they’ve got a top player there.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Looks like Matty Smith's days there are numbered

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Great coup for Catalans. Even at his age, a top player. Nice to see he has offers from other NRL clubs but wanted to test himself in the Super League before retiring. Obviously getting paid well too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Brilliant player, the biggest problems at Catalans are their attitude, they can lift themselves for big games which makes them dangerous in Cup/Playoff games.

However 29 games they have too many days where they come across as being uninterested

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    He is an excellent player, if he had gone to Wigan or Leeds he would have turned them into Grand Final winners.

I think at Catalan it's sometimes too much of a holiday attitude
    Behave. A good player, but not the lord Jesus Christ. I assume he'd also turn all the many teams above Leeds into the table as GF winners as well?

“I’m excited to bring my wife Jess and four kids over to learn all about the French culture and the experience that comes with it.”

Interesting comment.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

“I’m excited to bring my wife Jess and four kids over to learn all about the French culture and the experience that comes with it.”

Interesting comment.....
    Indeed as they are Catalonian.

Catalans I mean, not Maloney & his family. I think he's of Irish descent

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Behave. A good player, but not the lord Jesus Christ. I assume he'd also turn all the many teams above Leeds into the table as GF winners as well?
    We'll never know now but Maloney in the Leeds team instead of Myler would be a big improvement.
    Similarly a half back pairing of Maloney & Hastings at Wigan would have made them a force next year and let's be honest they're not out of the running for this years GF yet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Cracking signing for Catalans. I think with Tomkins, Langi, Maloney and McIlorum as their 1, 6, 7 and 9 and a pact set of backs they’ve the potential to compete at the top of super league if their pack can consistently lay a platform. Be interesting to see where this leaves Tony Gigot unless he moves back into the centres. He’s been arguably their best player in the last couple of seasons but with his contract up at the end of the season and the half back slots filled he could be on the move.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Indeed as they are Catalonian.

Catalans I mean, not Maloney & his family. I think he's of Irish descent
    With a name like that? I'd say it was more portuguese.

He's a great player, still plenty in the tank with that mon!

Glad he's not gone to wigan to partner Hastings.

Smith on the way out.
    He's probably been paid more in serverence than he has earned for playing in the last four years.
    Surprised Cats went for him.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

We'll never know now but Maloney in the Leeds team instead of Myler would be a big improvement.
    Similarly a half back pairing of Maloney & Hastings at Wigan would have made them a force next year and let's be honest they're not out of the running for this years GF yet.
    I agree with you. He's had a lot of success in his career and has been key in the success of NSW over the past 2 series. What I like about him is he's always willing to chance his arm. Yes he's liable to throwing an intercept pass, but that doesn't stop him and he'll certainly improve Catalans. Good kicking game, great goal kicker and has good speed.

Whether he'll be enough to help them challenge for silverware, I'm not so sure. They're losing Kenny Edwards aren't they? One of their better players.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

The issue with your statement remains. Why Leeds, because they used to be good? They are a poor side and will be lucky to avoid relegation.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

The issue with your statement remains. Why Leeds, because they used to be good? They are a poor side and will be lucky to avoid relegation.
    People were saying the exact same thing about Lolohia at Leeds before the start of the season. The proof is in the table

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

It's not because they used to be great, if you look at the team they have some decent players there.
    Since a bad start to the season they have added two more experienced NRL forwards and recently Louis.

At the moment they are lacking confidence and cohesion and in my opinion a half back like Maloney could have made a big difference.

Got A Season Ticket

i think leeds will continue to struggle until they bring a coach in and let him do his job ,when Furner tried to change things he didnt last very long in his job

In The South Stand

It's not because they used to be great, if you look at the team they have some decent players there.
    Since a bad start to the season they have added two more experienced NRL forwards and recently Louis.

At the moment they are lacking confidence and cohesion and in my opinion a half back like Maloney could have made a big difference.
    I agree,a veteran half who can control a game is exactly what they need.They still have some good players and someone who can direct them around the park would be massive for them.