Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Maloney

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Quality player. I think it’s only a matter of time for it to properly click at Catalans and they become a real title challenger. They are still woefully inconsistent but with some of the players they are now attracting I feel like they are on the verge of really making that step up in the coming years.

Fully agree with this - Catalans certainly worth a bet for top 3 finish next year with acquisitions like this

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    Fully agree with this - Catalans certainly worth a bet for top 3 finish next year with acquisitions like this
    I think with all that travelling it's to much for them to finish top, top 3 would also be difficult. They've shown on their day they can match anyone, I think they could finish 4/5th and make their way to the GF that way. Thankfully the way the playoffs are if they were to do it like that then you'd have to say they would have deserved it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I think with all that travelling it's to much for them to finish top, top 3 would also be difficult. They've shown on their day they can match anyone, I think they could finish 4/5th and make their way to the GF that way. Thankfully the way the playoffs are if they were to do it like that then you'd have to say they would have deserved it.
    For top 3 you’re looking at only needing around 36 points. 18 wins from 29 games is certainly achievable for Catalans next year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    For top 3 you’re looking at only needing around 36 points. 18 wins from 29 games is certainly achievable for Catalans next year.
    We’ve said this about them every year - and every season they fall short.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I agree. It takes many, many years to build a title winning culture and I think with the transient nature of their teams itÂ’s always going to be against them to achieve that.