Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68

Thread: Refs for Saturday

  1. #51
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    692
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Kendal is no better than the other refs, he just spends less time on sky under the spotlight. He had a poor game on Saturday 5/10 at best.

  2. #52
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Kendal is no better than the other refs, he just spends less time on sky under the spotlight. He had a poor game on Saturday 5/10 at best.

    Why 5/10?

  3. #53
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Just watching it back and Larroyer doesn't make a tackle in the 50th minute? Have you got the minutes mixed up?

    Edit, found it was watching from 50 not 49

    It was aggressive but missed the head, so is it a penalty if you swing your arm around to slam the player to the ground if it isn't their head? Aggressive yes, rough and tough yes but technically a penalty?

    I was annoyed at DR here, he reacted and dropped the ball, so I don't think it was unnecessary at all as the purpose was to rough us up and create a reaction, which he got along with an error. DR should be better than that and just play smarter, of you react then your letting them get under your skin and they'll do it more.

    For me the ref got it right, we cannot expect the ref to give us a penalty because the opposition was aggressive
    Sorry but i cant agree with you, i have no issue with how he is taken to the ground, but he drops on him with his elbow and it looks to the head to me. That is at least a penalty and I completely understand Richardsons reaction, how would you react if someone dropped an elbow on to your head. There is a line between aggressive and illegal and this clearly crossed it for me.

  4. #54
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Sorry but i cant agree with you, i have no issue with how he is taken to the ground, but he drops on him with his elbow and it looks to the head to me. That is at least a penalty and I completely understand Richardsons reaction, how would you react if someone dropped an elbow on to your head. There is a line between aggressive and illegal and this clearly crossed it for me.
    As I see it he swung his elbow but connected with his underarm to DRs back, I've watched it back a few times and it looks bad but actually not the contact it first appeared, so I'm not sure on what basis a penalty would be given. You cannot blow for a player being aggressive and unsavoury

    DR is sticking up for himself, no problem with that but the cold reality is is he was roughed up and came up with a mistake. It's a tactic as old as RL itself and if you keep falling for it you will make your teams life harder against lower opposition

  5. #55
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    As I see it he swung his elbow but connected with his underarm to DRs back, I've watched it back a few times and it looks bad but actually not the contact it first appeared, so I'm not sure on what basis a penalty would be given. You cannot blow for a player being aggressive and unsavoury

    DR is sticking up for himself, no problem with that but the cold reality is is he was roughed up and came up with a mistake. It's a tactic as old as RL itself and if you keep falling for it you will make your teams life harder against lower opposition
    You are messing aren't you, there is no way his left arm makes contact with Richardsons back, it makes contact with his head, it looks bad because it is bad, its a penalty under the basis of misconduct, from the rfl website misconduct: (a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

    (b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

    Its covered under either of these 2 definitions.

  6. #56
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    You are messing aren't you, there is no way his left arm makes contact with Richardsons back, it makes contact with his head, it looks bad because it is bad, its a penalty under the basis of misconduct, from the rfl website misconduct: (a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

    (b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

    Its covered under either of these 2 definitions.
    All you say is correct if his elbow hits his head, which I've watched it back numerous times and don't believe it does

    If it did elbow his head with that amount of aggression I very much doubt he would be able to jump up so quickly

    Edit, just watched it back again and it 100% misses his head, I watched it several times on slow mo, so the point remains, what would the penalty be for?

  7. #57
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Why 5/10?
    Maybe it should be "High Five" out of ten?

  8. #58
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Maybe it should be "High Five" out of ten?

    Ha ha nice one

    Unprofessional yes, I need to watch this back, do you know when it happened?

  9. #59
    Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Looks to end up contacting top of chest and possibly throat to me. Agressive tackle, possibly a penalty. I think some refs might've given it, but not that bad a tackle imo. Ashworth then grabs and shoves him off. For me, Danny should've just shrugged it off and concentrated on playing the ball.

  10. #60
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Ha ha nice one

    Unprofessional yes, I need to watch this back, do you know when it happened?

    I've deleted it now, but it was around two thirds in during the second half I think.

  11. #61
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Looks to end up contacting top of chest and possibly throat to me. Agressive tackle, possibly a penalty. I think some refs might've given it, but not that bad a tackle imo. Ashworth then grabs and shoves him off. For me, Danny should've just shrugged it off and concentrated on playing the ball.
    For me it was an elbow slam with the first point of contact the upper chest but he had a second bite of the cherry went again with the forearm on the throat. Pity it wasn't Paulo instead of Ashworth he would have rough handled Larroyer instead of a push.

  12. #62
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Dick Ayres sends his regards

    The bad old days of 11 plus (did any of them pass it ?) men on the board, he just wanted the same money Widnes were offering to play for his home town team, brought the terms into an informal meeting with a few of the board as proof. We told him no thanks, GB International 18 months later. Blackbrook if my memory is correct. Good`un was Dickie.

  13. #63
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    The bad old days of 11 plus (did any of them pass it ?) men on the board, he just wanted the same money Widnes were offering to play for his home town team, brought the terms into an informal meeting with a few of the board as proof. We told him no thanks, GB International 18 months later. Blackbrook if my memory is correct. Good`un was Dickie.
    Always thought Widnes was his hometown ?? But, not sure on that one.

  14. #64
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    All you say is correct if his elbow hits his head, which I've watched it back numerous times and don't believe it does

    If it did elbow his head with that amount of aggression I very much doubt he would be able to jump up so quickly

    Edit, just watched it back again and it 100% misses his head, I watched it several times on slow mo, so the point remains, what would the penalty be for?
    Just watched it several times in slow motion and at normal speed, it 100% does hit his head, at best a glancing blow, even if in your opinion it doesn’t, it is still a penalty for misconduct due to the use of the elbow in the tackle. There is absolutely no need to use a tackling technique like that, that is not only an aggressive technique but a reckless and potentially dangerous one, as evidenced by him hitting Richardson in the head.

  15. #65
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Just watched it several times in slow motion and at normal speed, it 100% does hit his head, at best a glancing blow, even if in your opinion it doesn’t, it is still a penalty for misconduct due to the use of the elbow in the tackle. There is absolutely no need to use a tackling technique like that, that is not only an aggressive technique but a reckless and potentially dangerous one, as evidenced by him hitting Richardson in the head.
    Then we will have to disagree, in my opinion it does not hit his head and whilst looking overly aggressive I dont believe there's anything to penalise. I think the ref got it right

  16. #66
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Ha ha nice one

    Unprofessional yes, I need to watch this back, do you know when it happened?
    No way I'm watching that crap again.

  17. #67
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Then we will have to disagree, in my opinion it does not hit his head and whilst looking overly aggressive I dont believe there's anything to penalise. I think the ref got it right
    RFL have it cited on their website as a cited incident, they say use of elbow to the chest, worthy if a penalty, maybe in their view it wasnt to the head, still looks like it is to me, point remains it is still an illegal use of the elbow and should have been penalised.
    Last edited by Tomsepho; 31st July 2019 at 09:48. Reason: No charge, was cited by disciplinary

  18. #68
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    RFL have it cited on their website as a cited incident, they say use of elbow to the chest, worthy if a penalty, maybe in their view it wasnt to the head, still looks like it is to me, point remains it is still an illegal use of the elbow and should have been penalised.

    I didn't think it was the elbow either but if they look closely and have a better picture than me an decide it was then I'll accept their decision

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •