Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: Refs for Saturday

  1. #26
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That ref yesterday needs to be thoroughly investigated,, that whole reffing performance stinks of corruption

  2. #27
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    I didn't see the game yesterday but I'm surprised if Kendall had a bad game he's been the best ref about this season

  3. #28
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,657
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Watched the game back today and it was nothing like as bad as is being made out.

  4. #29
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Watched the game back today and it was nothing like as bad as is being made out.
    You've got to admit though that it looks bad when the referee is high fiving a player on the pitch during the game. Hardly stets a good example, does it? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

  5. #30
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Watched the game back today and it was nothing like as bad as is being made out.
    I watched it again too - I haven't changed my opinion, he was awful imo
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  6. #31
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    You've got to admit though that it looks bad when the referee is high fiving a player on the pitch during the game. Hardly stets a good example, does it? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
    And that's as unprofessional as it gets.....calling players by the first names for me is poor, but that really takes the biscuit!!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  7. #32
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Just watched the game back and really enjoyed it, as I suspect most neutrals did going from the many comments

    I just don't get why so much focus would be on the ref and not the great game and great advert for the sport

    So much great media has followed yet we seemed adamant we have to critise our own game by only mentioning officials

    I may be in the minority on here but for me nobody is seriously hurt , enjoy the physical battle and move onto next week

  8. #33
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Just watched the game back and really enjoyed it, as I suspect most neutrals did going from the many comments

    I just don't get why so much focus would be on the ref and not the great game and great advert for the sport

    So much great media has followed yet we seemed adamant we have to critise our own game by only mentioning officials

    I may be in the minority on here but for me nobody is seriously hurt , enjoy the physical battle and move onto next week
    Dunno Upside, Robes went down holding his ribs after a tackle went off shortly after that, it may have been a planned subbing, hope it`s nothing serious.

  9. #34
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Just watched the game back and really enjoyed it, as I suspect most neutrals did going from the many comments

    I just don't get why so much focus would be on the ref and not the great game and great advert for the sport

    So much great media has followed yet we seemed adamant we have to critise our own game by only mentioning officials

    I may be in the minority on here but for me nobody is seriously hurt , enjoy the physical battle and move onto next week
    "Nobody is seriously hurt" rather fortunately.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  10. #35
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    "Nobody is seriously hurt" rather fortunately.

    I guess you could say that for all games though, it's a contact sport, that's the attraction, so serious injury is a real concern every game

  11. #36
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I guess you could say that for all games though, it's a contact sport, that's the attraction, so serious injury is a real concern every game
    Totally agree - much safer though if it's played within the rules designed to protect players though don't you think?
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  12. #37
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Totally agree - much safer though if it's played within the rules designed to protect players though don't you think?
    Yes but it's my belief that it in this contact sport what can appear as very dangerous act can in the cold light of day be aggressive or mistimed play rather than outright intentional dangerous play.

    IMO Often home fans overreact where I just see much of this as part of the game, as do the players IME

    I find there are often double standards from many home fans, outraged at the opposition players and glorifying aggressive play from home players. Again I'm happy to accept that all sides play close to the rules and it occasionally spills over

  13. #38
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    There are plenty of posts discussing the game and the performance. This is a different thread discussing the performance of the referee. I do enjoy the physicality of the game but how far do we go allowing head shots? When someone is injured people will rightly say ‘Well what did you expect?’. There were a lot of high shots on Saturday, most unpunished together with a lot of mistakes by the referee and the players. It wasn’t a good spectacle but the result was a good one.

  14. #39
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    There are plenty of posts discussing the game and the performance. This is a different thread discussing the performance of the referee. I do enjoy the physicality of the game but how far do we go allowing head shots? When someone is injured people will rightly say ‘Well what did you expect?’. There were a lot of high shots on Saturday, most unpunished together with a lot of mistakes by the referee and the players. It wasn’t a good spectacle but the result was a good one.
    I just didn't see it that way, I just don't think there were LOTs of head shots mostly unpunished. The game was very good, it flowed, there would be lots on forums complaining about the ref thinking it's all about him and wanting to be on TV if he had blowed his whistle continually

  15. #40
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I just didn't see it that way, I just don't think there were LOTs of head shots mostly unpunished. The game was very good, it flowed, there would be lots on forums complaining about the ref thinking it's all about him and wanting to be on TV if he had blowed his whistle continually
    I always find in a semi final game there is always a slight degree in leniency because there is so much at stake. Fax played the perfect game to keep the score down with borderline off side, spoiling at the ruck and some decent in field kicking. For me the ref gave the rub of the green to Fax with the ball knock downs and the penalty against for off side was a bit of a joke considering what went on before.

  16. #41
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    There are plenty of posts discussing the game and the performance. This is a different thread discussing the performance of the referee. I do enjoy the physicality of the game but how far do we go allowing head shots? When someone is injured people will rightly say ‘Well what did you expect?’. There were a lot of high shots on Saturday, most unpunished together with a lot of mistakes by the referee and the players. It wasn’t a good spectacle but the result was a good one.
    Exactly
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  17. #42
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I'm personally dreading Thaler being appointed for the CC Final
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  18. #43
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    That ref yesterday needs to be thoroughly investigated,, that whole reffing performance stinks of corruption
    I don't think corruption is the right word but it appears he was under instruction to "even it up a bit". Not right in any case and it doesn't excuse anything.

    I think someone mentioned about him high fiving a player and I wasn't sure if I'd actually seen that right and Kendal done himself no favours with that. Not a chance anything will be done about it though.

  19. #44
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I always find in a semi final game there is always a slight degree in leniency because there is so much at stake.
    Dick Ayres sends his regards

    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  20. #45
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I don't think corruption is the right word but it appears he was under instruction to "even it up a bit". Not right in any case and it doesn't excuse anything.

    I think someone mentioned about him high fiving a player and I wasn't sure if I'd actually seen that right and Kendal done himself no favours with that. Not a chance anything will be done about it though.
    I couldn't believe it myself Dave. watched it back however, and yeah, he high fives a 'Fax player after awarding them a scrum. Really, really poor, completely unprofessional.

  21. #46
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i tend to think Kendall is the best referee about, however i do not think he had a great game Saturday, especially with the high 5, that was really unprofessional. What i do have an issue with is the fact he missed the blatant forearm/ elbow to Richardson on the floor by Larroyer, that was blatant and unnecessary, in the 50th minute if anyone wants to check it.

  22. #47
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Just a thought, but are refs wired up differently on BBC compared to SKY?
    I'm not suggesting any wrong doing of any party here. Just wondering if the communications are the same or not.

  23. #48
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    i tend to think Kendall is the best referee about, however i do not think he had a great game Saturday, especially with the high 5, that was really unprofessional. What i do have an issue with is the fact he missed the blatant forearm/ elbow to Richardson on the floor by Larroyer, that was blatant and unnecessary, in the 50th minute if anyone wants to check it.
    Just watching it back and Larroyer doesn't make a tackle in the 50th minute? Have you got the minutes mixed up?

    Edit, found it was watching from 50 not 49

    It was aggressive but missed the head, so is it a penalty if you swing your arm around to slam the player to the ground if it isn't their head? Aggressive yes, rough and tough yes but technically a penalty?

    I was annoyed at DR here, he reacted and dropped the ball, so I don't think it was unnecessary at all as the purpose was to rough us up and create a reaction, which he got along with an error. DR should be better than that and just play smarter, of you react then your letting them get under your skin and they'll do it more.

    For me the ref got it right, we cannot expect the ref to give us a penalty because the opposition was aggressive

  24. #49
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Just watching it back and Larroyer doesn't make a tackle in the 50th minute? Have you got the minutes mixed up?
    Tackle at 49.22 on the clock, therefore 50th minute.

  25. #50
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Tackle at 49.22 on the clock, therefore 50th minute.
    Yes I made the error of looking from 50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •