Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refs for Saturday

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Just watching it back and Larroyer doesn't make a tackle in the 50th minute? Have you got the minutes mixed up?

Edit, found it was watching from 50 not 49

It was aggressive but missed the head, so is it a penalty if you swing your arm around to slam the player to the ground if it isn't their head? Aggressive yes, rough and tough yes but technically a penalty?

I was annoyed at DR here, he reacted and dropped the ball, so I don't think it was unnecessary at all as the purpose was to rough us up and create a reaction, which he got along with an error. DR should be better than that and just play smarter, of you react then your letting them get under your skin and they'll do it more.

For me the ref got it right, we cannot expect the ref to give us a penalty because the opposition was aggressive
    Sorry but i cant agree with you, i have no issue with how he is taken to the ground, but he drops on him with his elbow and it looks to the head to me. That is at least a penalty and I completely understand Richardsons reaction, how would you react if someone dropped an elbow on to your head. There is a line between aggressive and illegal and this clearly crossed it for me.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Sorry but i cant agree with you, i have no issue with how he is taken to the ground, but he drops on him with his elbow and it looks to the head to me. That is at least a penalty and I completely understand Richardsons reaction, how would you react if someone dropped an elbow on to your head. There is a line between aggressive and illegal and this clearly crossed it for me.
    As I see it he swung his elbow but connected with his underarm to DRs back, I've watched it back a few times and it looks bad but actually not the contact it first appeared, so I'm not sure on what basis a penalty would be given. You cannot blow for a player being aggressive and unsavoury

DR is sticking up for himself, no problem with that but the cold reality is is he was roughed up and came up with a mistake. It's a tactic as old as RL itself and if you keep falling for it you will make your teams life harder against lower opposition

Learning All The Songs

As I see it he swung his elbow but connected with his underarm to DRs back, I've watched it back a few times and it looks bad but actually not the contact it first appeared, so I'm not sure on what basis a penalty would be given. You cannot blow for a player being aggressive and unsavoury

DR is sticking up for himself, no problem with that but the cold reality is is he was roughed up and came up with a mistake. It's a tactic as old as RL itself and if you keep falling for it you will make your teams life harder against lower opposition
    You are messing aren't you, there is no way his left arm makes contact with Richardsons back, it makes contact with his head, it looks bad because it is bad, its a penalty under the basis of misconduct, from the rfl website misconduct: (a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

Its covered under either of these 2 definitions.

Upside
    Non Members

You are messing aren't you, there is no way his left arm makes contact with Richardsons back, it makes contact with his head, it looks bad because it is bad, its a penalty under the basis of misconduct, from the rfl website misconduct: (a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

Its covered under either of these 2 definitions.
    All you say is correct if his elbow hits his head, which I've watched it back numerous times and don't believe it does

If it did elbow his head with that amount of aggression I very much doubt he would be able to jump up so quickly

Edit, just watched it back again and it 100% misses his head, I watched it several times on slow mo, so the point remains, what would the penalty be for?

In The South Stand

Why 5/10?
    Maybe it should be "High Five" out of ten?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Maybe it should be "High Five" out of ten?

Ha ha nice one

Unprofessional yes, I need to watch this back, do you know when it happened?

Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar

Looks to end up contacting top of chest and possibly throat to me. Agressive tackle, possibly a penalty. I think some refs might've given it, but not that bad a tackle imo. Ashworth then grabs and shoves him off. For me, Danny should've just shrugged it off and concentrated on playing the ball.

In The South Stand

Ha ha nice one

I've deleted it now, but it was around two thirds in during the second half I think.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Looks to end up contacting top of chest and possibly throat to me. Agressive tackle, possibly a penalty. I think some refs might've given it, but not that bad a tackle imo. Ashworth then grabs and shoves him off. For me, Danny should've just shrugged it off and concentrated on playing the ball.
    For me it was an elbow slam with the first point of contact the upper chest but he had a second bite of the cherry went again with the forearm on the throat. Pity it wasn't Paulo instead of Ashworth he would have rough handled Larroyer instead of a push.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Dick Ayres sends his regards

The bad old days of 11 plus (did any of them pass it ?) men on the board, he just wanted the same money Widnes were offering to play for his home town team, brought the terms into an informal meeting with a few of the board as proof. We told him no thanks, GB International 18 months later. Blackbrook if my memory is correct. Good`un was Dickie.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    The bad old days of 11 plus (did any of them pass it ?) men on the board, he just wanted the same money Widnes were offering to play for his home town team, brought the terms into an informal meeting with a few of the board as proof. We told him no thanks, GB International 18 months later. Blackbrook if my memory is correct. Good`un was Dickie.
    Always thought Widnes was his hometown ?? But, not sure on that one.

Learning All The Songs

All you say is correct if his elbow hits his head, which I've watched it back numerous times and don't believe it does

If it did elbow his head with that amount of aggression I very much doubt he would be able to jump up so quickly

Edit, just watched it back again and it 100% misses his head, I watched it several times on slow mo, so the point remains, what would the penalty be for?
    Just watched it several times in slow motion and at normal speed, it 100% does hit his head, at best a glancing blow, even if in your opinion it doesn’t, it is still a penalty for misconduct due to the use of the elbow in the tackle. There is absolutely no need to use a tackling technique like that, that is not only an aggressive technique but a reckless and potentially dangerous one, as evidenced by him hitting Richardson in the head.

Upside
    Non Members

Just watched it several times in slow motion and at normal speed, it 100% does hit his head, at best a glancing blow, even if in your opinion it doesn’t, it is still a penalty for misconduct due to the use of the elbow in the tackle. There is absolutely no need to use a tackling technique like that, that is not only an aggressive technique but a reckless and potentially dangerous one, as evidenced by him hitting Richardson in the head.
    Then we will have to disagree, in my opinion it does not hit his head and whilst looking overly aggressive I dont believe there's anything to penalise. I think the ref got it right

Banned

Ha ha nice one

No way I'm watching that crap again.

Learning All The Songs

Then we will have to disagree, in my opinion it does not hit his head and whilst looking overly aggressive I dont believe there's anything to penalise. I think the ref got it right
    RFL have it cited on their website as a cited incident, they say use of elbow to the chest, worthy if a penalty, maybe in their view it wasnt to the head, still looks like it is to me, point remains it is still an illegal use of the elbow and should have been penalised.
    Last edited by Tomsepho; 31st July 2019 at 10:48. Reason: No charge, was cited by disciplinary

Upside
    Non Members

RFL have it cited on their website as a cited incident, they say use of elbow to the chest, worthy if a penalty, maybe in their view it wasnt to the head, still looks like it is to me, point remains it is still an illegal use of the elbow and should have been penalised.

I didn't think it was the elbow either but if they look closely and have a better picture than me an decide it was then I'll accept their decision