Refs for Saturday;
    Saints; Kendall, Child in the box
    t’other game Hicks and Thaler

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    Refs for Saturday;
    Kendal = best ref in the game by a mile .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

Thank God we've avoided Thayler and Hicks, what a combination!

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    Refs for Saturday;
    Not sure why there is a child in a box!
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Not sure why there is a child in a box!
    Thought that myself there is a law against that nowadays.
    Unless it is part of the contortionist act, my Dad was one, he died in his own arms, suicide, apparently he couldn`t make ends meet.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 24th July 2019 at 17:52. Reason: grammar

Kendal had an absolute stinker , worst ever performance from him, missed high tackles, knock ons , offsides , jeez he did Halifax a favour.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Kendal had an absolute stinker , worst ever performance from him, missed high tackles, knock ons , offsides , jeez he did Halifax a favour.
    Was it just me that got the impression Halifax were allowed to be offside for the full 80 mins. Also Halifax knock the ball down in the tackle on 3 occasions for a Halifax scrum, Saints knock the ball down in the tackle on 1 occasion for a Halifax scrum.

Learning All The Songs

I thought he let the game flow pretty much. I think he missed a bit but I'm not unduly concerned. I thought Hicks did OK as well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Was it just me that got the impression Halifax were allowed to be offside for the full 80 mins. Also Halifax knock the ball down in the tackle on 3 occasions for a Halifax scrum, Saints knock the ball down in the tackle on 1 occasion for a Halifax scrum.
    I think he tried to keep the score down for the benefit of rl in the way that a cricket score would be an embarrassment .

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    I think he tried to keep the score down for the benefit of rl in the way that a cricket score would be an embarrassment .
    He certainly refereed both teams differently, I actually burst out laughing when he did us for lying on late on.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    I thought he let the game flow pretty much. I think he missed a bit but I'm not unduly concerned. I thought Hicks did OK as well

I agree, pretty normal, maybe let more go to try to keep it flowing. I thought our first try in the second half was a Halifax knock on

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    He certainly refereed both teams differently, I actually burst out laughing when he did us for lying on late on.
    Ha ha, so did I! After the full game of laying on and second efforts in the tackle by Fax you had to laugh when we were penalised for that one!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I think Kendall is the best ref in SL but today he was a complete joke, especially in the second half.
    Missed messing about at the play the ball, offsides, and high tackles - at one stage 3 in very quick succession.
    Obviously instructed to keep the score to non-embarrassing levels.
    Halifax really gave a decent account of themselves I thought and the performance of Kendall showed them a lack of respect I thought
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    I think Kendall is the best ref in SL but today he was a complete joke, especially in the second half.
    Missed messing about at the play the ball, offsides, and high tackles - at one stage 3 in very quick succession.
    Halifax really gave a decent account of themselves I thought and the performance of Kendall showed them a lack of respect I thought
    I'm with you 100% on all your points , very dissapointed in Kendals performance , he's complete control of the game today was way off the mark of his normal way he "refs" every game I have seen him in charge of .

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Made me think of the poster he said some ref likes to even the score in the penalty if one side dominates. Still, a lot better than the girl referring the Thatto match to-day, and a female linesman who must have been told to follow the veteran linesman exactly, so we had both signalling only one side for offside. Pathetic spectacle, both sides questioned the stupid cow, disrespectful to the lads playing having these numpties in charge. Ref probably being fasttracked, another example of the War On Whiteman (WOW), like all those adverts with white women with aliens and those chronic tv storylines were all the blokes are complete idiots and the women are clever and kick ass.
    They both sound like terrible people. Who do they think they are, giving up their time to support the community game ... and female, too?!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    He was very lenient to Halifax on the rough play as well, allowed a head slam and a couple of elbows on the ground by the same No 16 Halifax player. Commentators were just as bad one instance Walmsley stampeded a Fax player but lost the ball on impact to stand up the Fax player didn't know much about it but the commentators said it was a brilliant tackle.

Made me think of the poster he said some ref likes to even the score in the penalty if one side dominates. Still, a lot better than the girl referring the Thatto match to-day, and a female linesman who must have been told to follow the veteran linesman exactly, so we had both signalling only one side for offside. Pathetic spectacle, both sides questioned the stupid cow, disrespectful to the lads playing having these numpties in charge. Ref probably being fasttracked, another example of the War On Whiteman (WOW), like all those adverts with white women with aliens and those chronic tv storylines were all the blokes are complete idiots and the women are clever and kick ass.
    Angry, Royal Turnbridge Wells

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

What a pr**k. Critisising a young kid learning her trade. How can we get more referees when young kids keep getting abused by idiots.
    She at least had the balls to have a go. Have you ever tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cojam24 View Post
    How can we get more referees when young kids keep getting abused by idiots.
    Didn’t you know? There was actually a queue of white men who wanted to officiate that match, but purely because of the WOW(tm) international conspiracy they were overlooked for these awful young women.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Didn’t you know? There was actually a queue of white men who wanted to officiate that match, but purely because of the WOW(tm) international conspiracy they were overlooked for these awful young women.
    I bet the women get paid double what the men do too. It's a disgrace.

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=warringtonsaint;767573]I think Kendall is the best ref in SL but today he was a complete joke, especially in the second half.
    Halifax really gave a decent account of themselves I thought and the performance of Kendall showed them a lack of respect I thought[/QUOTE

I thought he was poor. Thought it was open season with the head tackles. At one point before a scrum he even did a high five with an Halifax player. I thought that was bang out of order.

Upside
    Non Members

Was he poor or did he ref it that way on purpose? Like the state of origin games are refers differently

In The South Stand

I was really disappointed with Kendal. Whether you think he was pressurised by the RFL to prevent a walk over, or whether you think he just had a bad game, it still meant Saints players being given some really nasty unlawful punishment. One incident when a Fax player had made the tackle and then deliberately dropped his forearm/elbow on to the grounded player was particularly nasty, as per the ref, nothing was awarded.There were lots of unsavoury head high stuff, petty stuff too, like attempting to unlace LMS's boots at a scrum, which the "pundits" found highly amusing. Laughing about stuff like that just cheapens the image of the game as a professional sport. Good result, as I never expected a landslide, I just hope the players are all okay after a game that was physically punishing for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I was really disappointed with Kendal. Whether you think he was pressurised by the RFL to prevent a walk over, or whether you think he just had a bad game, it still meant Saints players being given some really nasty unlawful punishment. One incident when a Fax player had made the tackle and then deliberately dropped his forearm/elbow on to the grounded player was particularly nasty, as per the ref, nothing was awarded.There were lots of unsavoury head high stuff, petty stuff too, like attempting to unlace LMS's boots at a scrum, which the "pundits" found highly amusing. Laughing about stuff like that just cheapens the image of the game as a professional sport. Good result, as I never expected a landslide, I just hope the players are all okay after a game that was physically punishing for all the wrong reasons.
    Yeah when they put a high shot on Grace and were penalised but reacted by high fiving and back slapping each other like that’s what they were aiming for you knew what their approach was going to be. I think they lost a lot of good will with our fans at points such as this

Got A Season Ticket

I didn't see the game yesterday but I'm surprised if Kendall had a bad game he's been the best ref about this season