Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: No Coote For Semi

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Saint View Post
    I thought JH said coote would miss a coup more games that would mean he would get a game before the final hopefully this will be the case. Hop Knowles will be back against Wakefield and zeb against wankey. All teams have injuries and a couple shouldn't derail us.
    Yeah in the league express Holbrook says Coote won’t play next week but doesn’t know about the week after

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Saints fans scare mongering shocker? There was no brace.
    You could clearly see a knee brace under his tracksuit. Have a look at the team photo after the game if you can find it. Hopefully it’s just a precaution to aid his recovery time.

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    You could clearly see a knee brace under his tracksuit. Have a look at the team photo after the game if you can find it. Hopefully it’s just a precaution to aid his recovery time.
    https://twitter.com/dannyrich96/stat...641671168?s=21

If you zoom in a bit you can see the knee brace. Like I say it’s probably just for precaution.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    , Lomax had a decent game at full back, no link between Lomax and the two half backs. When Coote is at full back Lomax is a quality half back for me, Fages is a much better player with Lomax at 6.
    Thought Lomax was really poor at 1. Failed to link up in the line for most of the game and when he did his timing was way off.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Thought Lomax was really poor at 1. Failed to link up in the line for most of the game and when he did his timing was way off.

First time there for a while in a strange game when you play a championship side, I wouldn't judge his performance in that position to quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    I’d put that down to the fact that one of our basic moves is shifting the ball through Knowles then behind a dummy runner via Lomax/Fages to Coote. With Paulo replacing Knowles and rarely/never passing behind the dummy runner, plus Lomax obviously not being the next link, the nature of our ball movement to the full back changed significantly, hence the restricted room available to Lomax once he received the ball.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

No doubt at all Coote was missed yesterday at full back, Lomax had a decent game at full back, no link between Lomax and the two half backs. When Coote is at full back Lomax is a quality half back for me, Fages is a much better player with Lomax at 6.
    I thought that was the worst I have seen from Lomax in a while. Put him at 6 and I think he is the best in SL including Austin.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

No doubt at all Coote was missed yesterday at full back, Lomax had a decent game at full back, no link between Lomax and the two half backs. When Coote is at full back Lomax is a quality half back for me, Fages is a much better player with Lomax at 6.
    On the match day I thought he was very poor, watched the replay again he didn't really create much, all our pivots were not all that creative we had to rely on Roby's two skill plays.

Zeb will be the first back, but the other 2 will be closer to the Final. I'd expect both to featurr against Leeds.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

To be fair to Holbrook, I think he got the selection right given the conditions. The attack wasn’t brilliant, I thought LMS struggled a bit and was out of position a couple times when we tried to shift the ball but defensively Lomax is always solid at 1 and was so again at the weekend. In those conditions you’re always one mistake away from conceding a try and in reality, that was the only way they were going to score. They didn’t get anything out of Lomax from a kicking point of view, they may have done with someone else at the back.

That said, I’d be switching Lomax back to 6 on Friday and bringing someone else in at full back.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V